Who is the NFL MVP this year?

I just don't see an NFL MVP at QB who has as low numbers as Jackson has.

First let's look at Jackon's numbers with one game to go: 3600 yards, 24 TD's, 7 INT's. 800 yds rushing, 5 Rushing TD's.

Those are definitely great numbers in any given season, but... let's compare those to previous QB MVP's

2022 Mahomes
5,100 yds, 41 TD, 12 INT's.
350 yds Rushing, 4 TD's

2021 Aaron Rodgers
4,115 yds, 37 TD, 4 INT's
100 yds rushing, 3 TD's

2020 Aaron Rodgers
4300 yds, 48 TD's, 5 INT's
150 yds rushing, 3 TD's

2019 Lamar Jackson
3100 yds, 36 TD's, 6 INT's
1200 yds Rushing, 7 TD's

2018 Mahommes
5,000 yds, 50 TD's, 12 INT's
270yds, rushing, 2 TD's

All of those seasons absolutely CRUSH Jackson's year this year, including his own in 2019.

I don't get what's so special about this year. He's definitely a top 5 QB, but this proclaiming of him being heads and toes above all others reeks of some other agenda.
I guess it depends on what you think the MVP award is supposed to be. If it’s just which QB has the most yards and TDs ESPN has that on their page. Why vote? Why debate? If it’s who’s the most valuable to their team…..

Jackson is more important to the Ravens. He’s more integral to his team‘s success and just as important he’s not to their losses unlike Allen. Allen loses games. Denver, Jets Pats. All non playoff teams the Bills lost to BECAUSE of Allen.

Currently the Bills might not make the POs. If they hadn’t lost even one of those games they are the 2 seed. Win 2 of 3 and they are in the running for the 1. Thats why he’s not the MVP and won’t get voted as such.

I guess it depends on what you think the MVP award is supposed to be. If it’s just which QB has the most yards and TDs ESPN has that on their page. Why vote? Why debate? If it’s who’s the most valuable to their team…..

Jackson is more important to the Ravens. He’s more integral to his team‘s success and just as important he’s not to their losses unlike Allen. Allen loses games. Denver, Jets Pats. All non playoff teams the Bills lost to BECAUSE of Allen.

Currently the Bills might not make the POs. If they hadn’t lost even one of those games they are the 2 seed. Win 2 of 3 and they are in the running for the 1. Thats why he’s not the MVP and won’t get voted as such.
Dude, try looking at stats before you create a BS narrative.

Week 1 Baltimore wins despite Lamar Jackson. Ravens 25, Texans 9
Jackson: 169yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT. 38 yds rushing, 0 TD's

Week 5 Loss to Pittsburgh, Jackson plays like sh*t
236 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT. 45 yds rushing, 0 TD's

Week 6 Baltimore wins vs. Tenn, Jackson plays pedestrian
223 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 62 yds rushing, 0 TD's

Week 9 Baltimore stomps Seattle, Jackson plays like a backup
187 yds, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 60yds rushing, 0 TD's

Week 10 Baltimore loses to Clevand because Jackson plays bad
223 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 60 yds rushing, 0 TD's

Week 12 Ravens win over Jacksonville with a BEAST of a game from their "MVP" QB
177yds, 1 TD, 0 INT. 97yds rushing, 0 TD's

Like, WTF are we talking about here? The guy has multiple great games that I didn't mention, but also clearly benefits from a #1 Defense and great team around him., becauase he played like average sh*t for 6 games. He can play like sh*t and win, often, and he loses games for Baltimore too.

I don't get it, get off the guys nuts. How do you explain how minimal his production is compared to previous MVP's? He's not an MVP IMO. He might get voted one based on the heavy press narrative (Much like Embiid in the NBA last year).. but DEI is heavily involved in leftist sports media, who votes for this sort of thing.

I hate the Cowboys as much as anybody, but Dak Prescott has better numbers than Lamar as well.

Pass yds - Prescott 4237 to Jackson’s 3678
TD passes - Prescott 32 Jackson 24
Completion % - Prescott 68.4 Jackson 67.2
Turnovers (Int’s and lost fumbles) - Prescott 10 Jackson 13
Total Td’s responsible for - Prescott 34 Jackson 29

Should the Cowboys win the division and a 2 seed, Prescott will get some serious looks. The same holds true for Allen if the Bills win and gain the 2 seed.

I hate the Cowboys as much as anybody, but Dak Prescott has better numbers than Lamar as well.

Pass yds - Prescott 4237 to Jackson’s 3678
TD passes - Prescott 32 Jackson 24
Completion % - Prescott 68.4 Jackson 67.2
Turnovers (Int’s and lost fumbles) - Prescott 10 Jackson 13
Total Td’s responsible for - Prescott 34 Jackson 29

Should the Cowboys win the division and a 2 seed, Prescott will get some serious looks. The same holds true for Allen if the Bills win and gain the 2 seed.
I would definitely put Prescott over Jackson as well, but there's some weird narrative in the media to make Jackson the MVP, absolutely clear cut. I don't get it.

I would definitely put Prescott over Jackson as well, but there's some weird narrative in the media to make Jackson the MVP, absolutely clear cut. I don't get it.
I think part of it is that his team is kicking the shit out of the best teams in the league.

I think part of it is that his team is kicking the shit out of the best teams in the league.
Yes, they've had some huge wins, I'll name em because I'm fair.

W 38-6 vs. Detroit
W 37-3 vs. Seattle
W 23-7 vs. Jax
W 33-19 vs. SF
W 56-19 vs. Miami

Cleveland doesn't count because they had a 3rd stringer in who couldn't throw past 5 yards.

Now, let's look at his stats in these "blowouts" of high ranked teams.
Vs. Detroit 357, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 36yds rush, 1 TD... total beast
vs. Seattle 187 yds, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 60 yds rush, 0 TD's... carried to a V
vs. Jacksonville 171 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. 97 yds rush, 0 TD's, average play, carried to Victory
vs. San Francisco 252 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 45 yds rush, 0 TD's, above average play
vs. Miami 321 yds, 5 TD's, 0 INT's, 35 yds rush, 0 TD's, his best game of the season against a track meet team with minimal defense.

He's not the complete reason for victory in 3 of the 5 "takedowns" of teams.

Yes, they've had some huge wins, I'll name em because I'm fair.

W 38-6 vs. Detroit
W 37-3 vs. Seattle
W 23-7 vs. Jax
W 33-19 vs. SF
W 56-19 vs. Miami

Cleveland doesn't count because they had a 3rd stringer in who couldn't throw past 5 yards.

Now, let's look at his stats in these "blowouts" of high ranked teams.
Vs. Detroit 357, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 36yds rush, 1 TD... total beast
vs. Seattle 187 yds, 0 TD's, 0 INT's, 60 yds rush, 0 TD's... carried to a V
vs. Jacksonville 171 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. 97 yds rush, 0 TD's, average play, carried to Victory
vs. San Francisco 252 yds, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 45 yds rush, 0 TD's, above average play
vs. Miami 321 yds, 5 TD's, 0 INT's, 35 yds rush, 0 TD's, his best game of the season against a track meet team with minimal defense.

He's not the complete reason for victory in 3 of the 5 "takedowns" of teams.
Is that a requirement? It's a team sport. The Bills won a game a while back, and Josh Allen didn't do squat. And he had the class to admit as much in the post-game. But he didn't have to, the running game was there and the defense shut down the other team. That doesn't take anything away from Allen.

I'm fine with Allen as MVP. He seems to have turned around a shitty season at just the right time.

I actually don't follow a lot of other quarterbacks. I'm a Mahomes fan (grew up in KC), but he's been fairly disappointing this year. A lot of it is his receivers, yeah. But, in truth, is he's not always hitting them. And his meltdown over an obvious penalty was just embarrassing.

Is that a requirement? It's a team sport. The Bills won a game a while back, and Josh Allen didn't do squat. And he had the class to admit as much in the post-game. But he didn't have to, the running game was there and the defense shut down the other team. That doesn't take anything away from Allen.

I'm fine with Allen as MVP. He seems to have turned around a shitty season at just the right time.

I actually don't follow a lot of other quarterbacks. I'm a Mahomes fan (grew up in KC), but he's been fairly disappointing this year. A lot of it is his receivers, yeah. But, in truth, is he's not always hitting them. And his meltdown over an obvious penalty was just embarrassing.
What matters is we have a guy in this chat and an entire sports media establishment crowning a QB who has only 24 TD’s and 7 INT’s as MVP, no questions asked. It would be the most anemic QB MVP in history

What matters is we have a guy in this chat and an entire sports media establishment crowning a QB who has only 24 TD’s and 7 INT’s as MVP, no questions asked. It would be the most anemic QB MVP in history
I think it's worth considering how much his rushing ability adds to the success of the team. And how it creates situations where a game can be won without throwing TDs. Arguably, that's more valuable than a pure gunslinger.

I think it's worth considering how much his rushing ability adds to the success of the team. And how it creates situations where a game can be won without throwing TDs. Arguably, that's more valuable than a pure gunslinger.
Even with his running stats, he’s an average MVP candidate given context. His rushing yardage is tops in the league, but not by enough to make it a massive deal like his 2019 campaign, and it hasn't resulted in nearly the effect as the rushing of Hurts or Allen.

This year's QB studs:
Prescott 4237yds, 32 TD's, 8 INT's, 2 TD's rushing
Purdy 4280 yds, 31 TD's, 11 INT's. 2 TD's rushing
Goff 4255 yds, 28 TD's, 12 INT's, 2 TD's rushing
Allen 3947yds, 27 TD's, 16 INT's, 15 TD's rushing
Hurts 3803 yds, 23 TD's, 14 INT's, 15 TD's rushing
Jackson 3600 yds, 24 TD's, 7 INT's. 5 TD's rushing

QBR ranking
Purdy 72.7
Prescott 70.5
Allen 68.2
Jackson 65.3

Jackson would be an all-time low qualifying MVP. I don't doubt they'll do it, but it's probably because other DEI factors.

Last edited:
Even with his running stats, he’s an average MVP candidate given context. His rushing yardage is tops in the league, but not by enough to make it a massive deal like his 2019 campaign, and it hasn't resulted in nearly the effect as the rushing of Hurts or Allen.

This year's QB studs:
Prescott 4237yds, 32 TD's, 8 INT's, 2 TD's rushing
Purdy 4280 yds, 31 TD's, 11 INT's. 2 TD's rushing
Goff 4255 yds, 28 TD's, 12 INT's, 2 TD's rushing
Allen 3947yds, 27 TD's, 16 INT's, 15 TD's rushing
Hurts 3803 yds, 23 TD's, 14 INT's, 15 TD's rushing
Jackson 3600 yds, 24 TD's, 7 INT's. 5 TD's rushing

QBR ranking
Purdy 72.7
Prescott 70.5
Allen 68.2
Jackson 65.3

Jackson would be an all-time low qualifying MVP. I don't doubt they'll do it, but it's probably because other DEI factors.

They are going to give Jackson the MVP because he's black? Newsflash. Dak Prescott aint a white dude.

They are going to give Jackson the MVP because he's black? Newsflash. Dak Prescott aint a white dude.
What do you have to say about all the games I listed where Jackson either lost or played like sh*t and won?

What do you have to say for Jackson’s season being completely substandard to the previous 5 QB MVP’s?

Where you at? Cat got your tongue?

He’s not dark black, and we’ve seen that that matters to the DEI folk.. “colorism” it’s called.

Giannis wasn’t white, but he wasn’t a true black “brotha” (as they reference each other as)… and Kendrick Perkins led a race crusade to get the NBA MVP on Joel Embiid, because Jokic was well on his way to a 3rd straight and Giannis wasn’t dark enough or not able to represent the American black community with his wins of the award before Jokic.

Perkins and the black NBA culture proclaimed racism because “their” players weren’t winning the award. They felt entitled to it, and the only explanation they could desperately grasp was “racism!” By the logic, they were the racists for judging things based only on skin color

He’s not dark black, and we’ve seen that that matters to the DEI folk.. “colorism” it’s called.

Giannis wasn’t white, but he wasn’t a true black “brotha” (as they reference each other as)… and Kendrick Perkins led a race crusade to get the NBA MVP on Joel Embiid, because Jokic was well on his way to a 3rd straight and Giannis wasn’t dark enough or not able to represent the American black community with his wins of the award before Jokic.

Perkins and the black NBA culture proclaimed racism because “their” players weren’t winning the award. They felt entitled to it, and the only explanation they could desperately grasp was “racism!” By the logic, they were the racists for judging things based only on skin color
LOL. OMG your are seriously grasping at straws at this point.

Bottom line

CMC should win MVP

Jackson will win the MVP.

Allen wont even come in 2nd.

LOL. OMG your are seriously grasping at straws at this point.

Bottom line

CMC should win MVP

Jackson will win the MVP.

Allen wont even come in 2nd.
Why won’t you comment on Jackson’s many anemic bad games and his low numbers for an MVP?

Why won’t you comment on Jackson’s many anemic bad games and his low numbers for an MVP?
The same reason you won't address that Allen throws an inordinate number of picks and fumbles the ball a ton which costs his team games. Very winnable games against bottom feeder teams. They lost once and almost a second time to the team that's currently picking 3rd in the draft. Stats aren't all that make up the MVP. What's odd is that Prescott has better passing stats than Allen. If you were actually going off of STATS you'd be advocating for him. It would seem at this point though you're more worried about the color of the recipient's skin than their actual contribution to their team winning and losing. Which frankly is bat shit crazy.

The same reason you won't address that Allen throws an inordinate number of picks and fumbles the ball a ton which costs his team games. Very winnable games against bottom feeder teams. They lost once and almost a second time to the team that's currently picking 3rd in the draft. Stats aren't all that make up the MVP. What's odd is that Prescott has better passing stats than Allen. If you were actually going off of STATS you'd be advocating for him.
They have comparable effectiveness, Allen is prone to turnovers more. Id definitely put Dak above Jackson, and probably above Allen too
It would seem at this point though you're more worried about the color of the recipient's skin
Not me, they are.
than their actual contribution to their team winning and losing. Which frankly is bat shit crazy.
Agreed.

There's still one game left. I think Blaine Gabbert might just steal the show.

Forum List

Back