Who is the best hollywood actor/actress?

Best performance ever? Hard to get better than Spencer Tracy in Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner & Frederich March The Best Years of Lives.

Kevin Spacey in Usual Suspects...Leonardo DiCaprio in What's Eating Gilbert Grape....Cliff Robertson in Charly.....Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone.....George C. Scott in Patton......John Turturro in Miller's Crossing...

Saw Winter’s Bone….one of those movies that makes you want to just bathe after you see it. You’re right about JLAW though. Again, Spacey does a great role and it’s memorable for all the right reasons—he was cast perfectly in TUS—but then he does 21 or that Bobby Darin movie and you sort of cringe. I thought Scott in Patton was decent—basically act pissed off for 2 hours; wow. Didn’t see Charly or Gilbert Grape. Good list though.

I don't think I have put out there what I meant with the OP, so I will try again. Not y'alls fault. Tis mine for not able to put it across to my intentions.

Certain actors played very well in a part in a movie. They did excellent. But can that same actor play a completely DIFFERENT part in a completely DIFFERENT movie via real "acting"? John Wayne was military or westerns. And one quiet man in Ireland. Same person, same character, but not the same movie.

What actor or actress can play a character in DIFFERENT movies with different plots, different eras, different geographics, different personalities the complete opposite of each part they played and able to pull it off the BEST?

Compare Bryan Cranston on Malcolm in the Middle to his character, Walter White, on Breaking Bad.

Talk about complete opposites from the same actor.

Forum List

Back