Who is Rick Perry?

Gee I dont see anything that supports your statement.
Looks like you lied yet again. Quite a record you have.

You certainly like throwing the accusation of liar around rather liberally and without warrant. Nothing I've said is a lie.

Does it not seem at all contradictory to you to claim to be a Christian* while presiding over the most executions of any governor in the United States? Who would Jesus have lethally injected?

*Not just claiming to be a Christian, but an extra crispy bucket of Christian that prays for rain to save his burning state and invites questionable religious "leaders" to pray right along side him.

Now let's get back to this "lie" you seem to find in the statement:

Perry believes the part of the bible that says "Forgive us our trespasses as we lethally inject those who trespass against us".

Is there such a passage in the bible? What does it really say?

You certainly like throwing the accusation of liar around rather liberally and without warrant. Nothing I've said is a lie.

Does it not seem at all contradictory to you to claim to be a Christian* while presiding over the most executions of any governor in the United States? Who would Jesus have lethally injected?

*Not just claiming to be a Christian, but an extra crispy bucket of Christian that prays for rain to save his burning state and invites questionable religious "leaders" to pray right along side him.

Perry believes the part of the bible that says "Forgive us our trespasses as we lethally inject those who trespass against us".

Oh you mean there isn't such a passage? Then you lied about that too.
You're really racking them up here, Mary.

Can you name one Christian country that historically did not have the death penalty?

Can you name one Christian country that historically did not have the death penalty?

I'm starting to simply get the impression you aren't that bright...or are just humor challenged perhaps. Does the rod up your butt have a rod up it's butt?

Thanks for proving my point...we aren't a Christian country.

About two weeks ago the media wouldnt shut up about this guy from Texas who was considering running for the republican bid. Well, since then he tossed his hat in, and now the media just wont stop flappin their lips about him. Seems during the debat the camera sure loved him, and he was asked alot of easy questions intended to make him look tough and all that.

But who is this guy that I am being told is a front runner??? So far as I am aware he has made only a very limited few public appearances since he announced, but he is in the lead??? Who is making these decisions?? I had never heard of Rick Perry untill a couple months ago, when Maddow was making fun of his Jesus fest/Political event and all the right wing religious extremists in that direction.

Never heard him speak at any debth about any of the following issues which I deam important:

Foriegn Policy
Peace in the Middle East
China
Minimum Wage
Economy
Education
Immigration
Help the Poor
Enviornment
Rampant Corruption
Debt
Monetary Policy
Role of President
Iran
Military Funding
Global Empire
Food Subsidy's
To name a few.

Can somone fill me in???

The 2008 election should have shown us that Republicans do not discuss issues, they only attack their opponents.

About two weeks ago the media wouldnt shut up about this guy from Texas who was considering running for the republican bid. Well, since then he tossed his hat in, and now the media just wont stop flappin their lips about him. Seems during the debat the camera sure loved him, and he was asked alot of easy questions intended to make him look tough and all that.

But who is this guy that I am being told is a front runner??? So far as I am aware he has made only a very limited few public appearances since he announced, but he is in the lead??? Who is making these decisions?? I had never heard of Rick Perry untill a couple months ago, when Maddow was making fun of his Jesus fest/Political event and all the right wing religious extremists in that direction.

Never heard him speak at any debth about any of the following issues which I deam important:

Foriegn Policy
Peace in the Middle East
China
Minimum Wage
Economy
Education
Immigration
Help the Poor
Enviornment
Rampant Corruption
Debt
Monetary Policy
Role of President
Iran
Military Funding
Global Empire
Food Subsidy's
To name a few.

Can somone fill me in???

Rick Perry for President 2012 | Join Today

That wasn't exactly rocket science.

They have this wonderful thing called "Google". Please avail yourself of it.

Read over his own website and it doesnt really say much. I mean it uses alot of words to describe him, but it doesnt say much. Mostly alot of commitments and 'ill do my bests'. Its as shallow as an insurance salesmans pitch.

What, exactly, are you looking for? He's running for President. What do you EXPECT him to say, except to tell you what he plans to do if he's elected? It's not like he can point to his past record as President. And his website DOES talk about what he's done as governor. So what is it you want here?

Could it be that our 'frontrunner' has no solid platform because he has no opinions or views??

Could it be that you're basing your decision on your own laziness and desire to have the info spoonfed to you, instead of going and finding it yourself?

"I haven't heard him speak about this in-depth."
"His website used a lot of words, but didn't say what I wanted to hear" . . . whatever that was.
"Can you guys tell me all about him?"

Just because you didn't bother to find out his platform doesn't mean he doesn't have one. Just because you're not hearing whatever the hell it is you're looking for ALSO doesn't mean he doesn't have a platform.

It is true that Rick Perry's website is comically lacking in positions. The "Issues" section would fill about a printed page and consists largely of claims like

"Perry’s pro-growth agenda, combined with real spending reductions, will lead to a new era of economic growth and the creation of millions of American jobs"

or

"His [Perry's] first priority will be to get America’s economic engine running at full speed to restore our global economic leadership"

rather than specific statements of Rick Perry's actual positions.

Still, between Perry's long record as Governor and his book "Fed Up!", Perry is perhaps the most well-defined of the candidates, whether he would like to be or not.

From Rick Perry's campaign website:

"The principles that have guided Rick Perry's leadership in Texas are the same principles that will guide him as President: Don't spend all the money. Keep taxes low and regulations fair. And invest aggressively in job creation, because good jobs make the American Dream possible.

No other candidate for President – Republican or Democrat – can match Rick Perry’s record on job creation.

Rick Perry’s leadership has helped build the nation’s top economy. Since June 2009, more than 40 percent of all net new jobs in America have been created in Texas.

He cut taxes, including a historic property tax cut and a tax cut for small businesses. He established incentive funds to encourage employers to create thousands of jobs and invest in new technology. And he signed budgets that invest billions more in education, as well as some of the strongest lawsuit reforms in the country – including a “loser pay” law – to help create jobs.

Rick Perry’s support for low taxes, reasonable regulations, a predictable civil litigation system and an educated workforce has produced a job climate consistently ranked the best in the nation.

Perry’s pro-growth agenda, combined with real spending reductions, will lead to a new era of economic growth and the creation of millions of American jobs."

You'll notice that I included all the stuff you decided to cut out, so that you could convince everyone that just that last sentence was the only thing on the site.

Typical liberal.

That site is pretty cool, Rick Perry is freaking scary.

Yes...if I were a liberal, Perry would scary me too.

So i spent some more time looking at this site you gave me and I am totally convinced now that Rick Perry is a total fraud, and that his supporters are sheep. When comparing Rick Perry to Ron Paul on all the issues I noticed a trend. Ron Paul has alot to say about everything and he makes his position perfectly clear. Rick Perry doesnt say much, and when he is saying something usually its about as straitforward as a mountian pass.

Rick Perry has 5 quotes on abortion, Ron Paul 34
Budget and Economy Perry 3 Paul 62
Civil Rights Perry 7 Paul 30
Corporations Perry 0 Paul 10
Crime Perry 11 Paul 13
Drugs Perry 6 Paul 21
Education Perry 12 Paul 24
Energy and Oil Perry

This trend continues by my fav is government reform
Perry 10 Ron Paul 54
Budget and Economy Perry 3 Paul 62

Ron Paul also has a strong record of voting consistant with conservative principals, and more importantly voting in agreement with the constitution.

The only demographic that holds Perry as a front runner is the big business/big government demographic. If republicans want the white house we had better get behind Paul.

Well, I'm glad the OP got around to revealing that all his "Who is Rick Perry?" bullshit was really just a blind for "PERRY SUCKS! OHMIGOD!" Means I can ignore him and his thread right off the bat.

It is true that Rick Perry's website is comically lacking in positions. The "Issues" section would fill about a printed page and consists largely of claims like

"Perry’s pro-growth agenda, combined with real spending reductions, will lead to a new era of economic growth and the creation of millions of American jobs"

or

"His [Perry's] first priority will be to get America’s economic engine running at full speed to restore our global economic leadership"

rather than specific statements of Rick Perry's actual positions.

Still, between Perry's long record as Governor and his book "Fed Up!", Perry is perhaps the most well-defined of the candidates, whether he would like to be or not.

From Rick Perry's campaign website:

"The principles that have guided Rick Perry's leadership in Texas are the same principles that will guide him as President: Don't spend all the money. Keep taxes low and regulations fair. And invest aggressively in job creation, because good jobs make the American Dream possible.

No other candidate for President – Republican or Democrat – can match Rick Perry’s record on job creation.

Rick Perry’s leadership has helped build the nation’s top economy. Since June 2009, more than 40 percent of all net new jobs in America have been created in Texas.

He cut taxes, including a historic property tax cut and a tax cut for small businesses. He established incentive funds to encourage employers to create thousands of jobs and invest in new technology. And he signed budgets that invest billions more in education, as well as some of the strongest lawsuit reforms in the country – including a “loser pay” law – to help create jobs.

Rick Perry’s support for low taxes, reasonable regulations, a predictable civil litigation system and an educated workforce has produced a job climate consistently ranked the best in the nation.

Perry’s pro-growth agenda, combined with real spending reductions, will lead to a new era of economic growth and the creation of millions of American jobs."

You'll notice that I included all the stuff you decided to cut out, so that you could convince everyone that just that last sentence was the only thing on the site.

Typical liberal.

So, what would he spend money on, and what will he not spend money on? What is a fair regulation?

How is he going to invest in job creation? Will he be like Romney and look for a job creating machine to put right next to the federal reserves money creating machine?

What is predictable civil litigation and how does he plan to achieve this?

I thought texas education was doing awfull?

what is his pro growth agenda? What spending is he going to reduce?

And for the record, I am a conservative, just not the silly kind like you.

Foriegn Policy
Peace in the Middle East
China
Minimum Wage
Economy
Education
Immigration
Help the Poor
Enviornment
Rampant Corruption
Debt
Monetary Policy
Role of President
Iran
Military Funding
Global Empire
Food Subsidy's
To name a few.

Can somone fill me in???

Rick Perry for President 2012 | Join Today

That wasn't exactly rocket science.

It wasnt rocket science. I think I figured it out.

flip-flops.jpg

Yea I think that sums it up. Just another lap-dog to power trying to get his hand in the cookie jar so he can auction the cookies off one by one.

True Rick Parry has a record of changing his entire world veiw to gain political power.

Sad that so many here think he is our bestchoice

True Rick Parry has a record of changing his entire world veiw to gain political power.

Sad that so many here think he is our bestchoice

I am convinced the same people that are fans of Rick Perry are also fans of Bush. They like big government as long as it is used to oppress people with less money. They like ware economy as long as the military is used to open new markets to international business interests. They like a police state as long as its used to keep the 'liberals' in line. They like to cut spending, as long as it doesnt effect them. They like our healthcare system, so long as they can afford it.

They really like to hide on the internet because thier views are so far from the mainstream that they dare not speak it in public.

The bible is very clear that those who commit murder shall pay with their lives.

Exodus 21:12 - "Whoever strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death."

Old Testament? Really?

How's your shellfish intake?

Jesus never disavowed the Old Testement sections that called for capital punishment for crimes.

He did revoke the dietary restrictions and the circumcission rules. Or at least, Peter and Paul did.

Now for the record. Happy Agnostic who stopped believing when he realized the nuns were all crazy.

But if you are going to try to make an argument that Perry can't call himself a Christian because he allows the execution of cop killers and baby-murderers, who have gotten their day in court and numerous appeals, because that isn't what Jesus would do, well, no, it's not a strong argument.

Rick Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Texas Legislature

In 1984, Perry was elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat from district 64, which included his home county of Haskell. He served on the House Appropriations and Calendars committees during his three two-year terms in office. He befriended fellow freshman state representative Lena Guerrero of Austin, a staunch liberal Democrat who endorsed Perry's reelection bid in 2006 on personal, rather than philosophical, grounds.

Perry was part of the "Pit Bulls", a group of Appropriations members who sat on the lower dais in the committee room (or "pit") who pushed for austere state budgets during the 1980s.[16] At one point, The Dallas Morning News named him one of the ten most effective members of the legislature.[17]

In 1987, Perry voted for a $5.7 billion tax increase proposed by Republican governor Bill Clements.[18] Perry supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries and chaired the Gore campaign in Texas.[19][20] In 1989, Perry announced that he was switching parties, becoming a Republican.[21]

I'm starting to simply get the impression you aren't that bright...or are just humor challenged perhaps. Does the rod up your butt have a rod up it's butt?

Thanks for proving my point...we aren't a Christian country.

OK, so you lied about there being such a passage. And you lied about Rick Perry's view about it. And you've lied about being a Christian and opposing the death penalty.
And you've lied about us not being a Christian country. Of course we are. The people who settled here were overwhelmingly Christian. Our laws overwhelmingly reflect the Protestant Christian character of those who made them. The majority of people who live here practice Christianity. Why do you think Christmas and Easter are a national holiday? In Israel and Islamic countries they are just another day on the calender.
You need to work on being mroe truthful, Nancy.

He used to be a democrat who supported Gore

And I used to be a Democrat and voted for Clinton.

Some take longer to grow up than others.
Rick Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Texas Legislature

In 1984, Perry was elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat from district 64, which included his home county of Haskell. He served on the House Appropriations and Calendars committees during his three two-year terms in office. He befriended fellow freshman state representative Lena Guerrero of Austin, a staunch liberal Democrat who endorsed Perry's reelection bid in 2006 on personal, rather than philosophical, grounds.

Perry was part of the "Pit Bulls", a group of Appropriations members who sat on the lower dais in the committee room (or "pit") who pushed for austere state budgets during the 1980s.[16] At one point, The Dallas Morning News named him one of the ten most effective members of the legislature.[17]

In 1987, Perry voted for a $5.7 billion tax increase proposed by Republican governor Bill Clements.[18] Perry supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries and chaired the Gore campaign in Texas.[19][20] In 1989, Perry announced that he was switching parties, becoming a Republican.[21]

Wikipedia?
:lol:
Gimme 15 minutes and I can change all that.

Besides, according to his book, he never even met a Republican until he was around 25. When you're in a college atmosphere that's all you're exposed to.

It's funny....with past Presidents or candidates people bring up drug use or draft dodging.

Apparently, with Perry, his dark and evil past is he USED to be a Democrat!!
:lol::lol:
And you clowns are holding it against him!!!
Sour grapes?
Are you angry to lose one from the Collective?
:lol:

Forum List

Back