Who is Rick Perry?

Yes...if I were a liberal, Perry would scary me too.

So i spent some more time looking at this site you gave me and I am totally convinced now that Rick Perry is a total fraud, and that his supporters are sheep. When comparing Rick Perry to Ron Paul on all the issues I noticed a trend. Ron Paul has alot to say about everything and he makes his position perfectly clear. Rick Perry doesnt say much, and when he is saying something usually its about as straitforward as a mountian pass.

Rick Perry has 5 quotes on abortion, Ron Paul 34
Budget and Economy Perry 3 Paul 62
Civil Rights Perry 7 Paul 30
Corporations Perry 0 Paul 10
Crime Perry 11 Paul 13
Drugs Perry 6 Paul 21
Education Perry 12 Paul 24
Energy and Oil Perry

This trend continues by my fav is government reform
Perry 10 Ron Paul 54

Ron Paul also has a strong record of voting consistant with conservative principals, and more importantly voting in agreement with the constitution.

The only demographic that holds Perry as a front runner is the big business/big government demographic. If republicans want the white house we had better get behind Paul.

Ron Paul has run for president how many times? 4? 5?

Plus Paul is a U.S. Congressman, and has been for how many years?

So it stands to reason...unless you are a complete lunkhead...that Paul would be on the record FAR more often on national issues than a three term Governor of the state of Texas.

But, of course, you knew that...right?

You haven't figured out that Waterthetree is a wookie-suiter Ron Paul sock puppet pretending to be ignorant so he can highlight his own candidate?

I love hearing criticism of Rick Perry. It shows how desperate both the Democrats and the Wookie Suiters are because they know this guy's a winner.

About two weeks ago the media wouldnt shut up about this guy from Texas who was considering running for the republican bid. Well, since then he tossed his hat in, and now the media just wont stop flappin their lips about him. Seems during the debat the camera sure loved him, and he was asked alot of easy questions intended to make him look tough and all that.

But who is this guy that I am being told is a front runner??? So far as I am aware he has made only a very limited few public appearances since he announced, but he is in the lead??? Who is making these decisions?? I had never heard of Rick Perry untill a couple months ago, when Maddow was making fun of his Jesus fest/Political event and all the right wing religious extremists in that direction.

Never heard him speak at any debth about any of the following issues which I deam important:

Foriegn Policy
Peace in the Middle East
China
Minimum Wage
Economy
Education
Immigration
Help the Poor
Enviornment
Rampant Corruption
Debt
Monetary Policy
Role of President
Iran
Military Funding
Global Empire
Food Subsidy's
To name a few.

Can somone fill me in???

I can.

he has changed every one of his views in his lifetime and will change them again if you have a REALLY GOOD land deal in mind for him where he can make a tidy profit.

That my friend is about the most important thing you can know about the guy.

Yes...if I were a liberal, Perry would scary me too.

So i spent some more time looking at this site you gave me and I am totally convinced now that Rick Perry is a total fraud, and that his supporters are sheep. When comparing Rick Perry to Ron Paul on all the issues I noticed a trend. Ron Paul has alot to say about everything and he makes his position perfectly clear. Rick Perry doesnt say much, and when he is saying something usually its about as straitforward as a mountian pass.

Rick Perry has 5 quotes on abortion, Ron Paul 34
Civil Rights Perry 7 Paul 30
Corporations Perry 0 Paul 10
Crime Perry 11 Paul 13
Drugs Perry 6 Paul 21
Education Perry 12 Paul 24
Energy and Oil Perry

This trend continues by my fav is government reform
Perry 10 Ron Paul 54

Ron Paul also has a strong record of voting consistant with conservative principals, and more importantly voting in agreement with the constitution.

The only demographic that holds Perry as a front runner is the big business/big government demographic. If republicans want the white house we had better get behind Paul.

Ron Paul has run for president how many times? 4? 5?

Plus Paul is a U.S. Congressman, and has been for how many years?

So it stands to reason...unless you are a complete lunkhead...that Paul would be on the record FAR more often on national issues than a three term Governor of the state of Texas.

But, of course, you knew that...right?

Yes I knew that. And I assumed this would play a part the solidarity of opinions. However I am not going to accept inexperiance as a reason to justify voting for someone. The executive branch just holds way to much power these days to elect anyone that is not clear on positions. In other words, its a no flip flop zone.

Nore am I going to let corporate media tell me what lap-dog to power I should vote for, thats the point I was making with this post.

Could it be that our 'frontrunner' has no solid platform because he has no opinions or views??

I don't like Perry because he portrays himself one way but acts quite often in a different way. You may have seen the executive order he signed requiring all girls in Texas to get an injection for Gardasil which prevents STDs and also may prevent cervical cancer. Gardasil would have been a required injection to give to your daughter if you lived in Texas. If that is what he wants to do fine, we have elections and he can be voted out. But then he turns around and decries, quite often, about government interference. You can't have it both ways.

Recently, he bowed out of a debate with fellow GOPers to attend to the "wildfire crisis" in Texas. The fires, as it turned out, have been burning for several months and continue to burn. He bows out of one debate then turns around and goes to a debate some 72 hours later. He cites the crisis as a reason to duck a debate then shows up when there is free network coverage. You can't have it both ways.

I noticed this trend aswell when I was reading through the quotes and such. Most notably his financial understanding. He likes to declare himself a conservative, and condem spending and this and that. But at any opportunity for money and he is all over it. He even proposes spending bills that give his state cash!

It doesnt take a brilliant academic to understand that he just doesnt like spending that isnt on him and his state. This is the same kind of thinking that landed us a huge prescription drug program that was unfunded, and 2 waves of tax cuts that agian were unfunded. This sort of selfish mentality and lack of financial understanding is what opened the door to 2 long expensive unfunded and illeagal wars.

Last edited:
Rick Parry is whatever the money says he neds to be.

Look at his lifes history.

he flip flopps literally ON A DIME

Consequently we’d go back to the same tedious banning of stem-cell research, an assault on environmental protection, and the appointment of judges and justices hostile to civil liberties and due process, to name just a few.

You talk like these are bad things.

First, Stem Cell Research. Guy, last time I checked, WE WERE BROKE. We've been expiramenting on Fetus Meat since 1992, and haven't produced one usable cure or treatment. Not one. Yet you guys will insist that we need to invest yet more money on this impracticle science because welfare queens in white coats need money.

If there was ANY value to stem cells, private industry and big pharma would be investing in it in droves. They aren't. What does that tell you?

And frankly, the whole notion that we need to kill jobs to protect snail darters and spotted owls is just insane.

I for one am sick of judges who think it's their job to make laws. If you want to change the law on affirmative action or gay marriage, then run for congress and change it.

Consequently we’d go back to the same tedious banning of stem-cell research, an assault on environmental protection, and the appointment of judges and justices hostile to civil liberties and due process, to name just a few.

You talk like these are bad things.

First, Stem Cell Research. Guy, last time I checked, WE WERE BROKE. We've been expiramenting on Fetus Meat since 1992, and haven't produced one usable cure or treatment. Not one. Yet you guys will insist that we need to invest yet more money on this impracticle science because welfare queens in white coats need money.

If there was ANY value to stem cells, private industry and big pharma would be investing in it in droves. They aren't. What does that tell you?

And frankly, the whole notion that we need to kill jobs to protect snail darters and spotted owls is just insane.

I for one am sick of judges who think it's their job to make laws. If you want to change the law on affirmative action or gay marriage, then run for congress and change it.

In Citizens United the Supreme Court took the biggest action to protect First AMendment rights. So the it is the Left that is hostile to protections of civil liberties. We don't need more wise Latina vaginas on the court.

Perry believes the part of the bible that says "Forgive us our trespasses as we lethally inject those who trespass against us".

The bible is very clear that those who commit murder shall pay with their lives.

Exodus 21:12 - "Whoever strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death."

Old Testament? Really?

How's your shellfish intake?

PerryCSA.jpg

Perry believes the part of the bible that says "Forgive us our trespasses as we lethally inject those who trespass against us".

Link?

Rick Perry holds the record on executions

Rick Perry: Executing Innocents

I hear Pontius Pilate is a supporter of Perry's.

Please don't try to use a reference from a Book you don't trust.

Pilate was perfectly willing to let Jesus go.
It was the Jewish elders that pressed the issue.

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back