Who is most responsible for a great movie? A lead Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Investors

Great movies include all of them.

I've seen movies that should have been great but were mediocre because one or more of those things were lacking in excellence.

I’m not sure that there is just ONE answer. Some movies are great because of the actors. Others are great because of the direction or producing. Still others have a script that transcends mediocre acting and direction. I think what it really is thst makes thevGREST movies so special is that one element or another just stands out so much thst it cannot be ignored.

I would go with the Screenwriter
Bad Scripts ruin a move no matter how good the actors or director may be

I'll go with writing as well.

I've seen some horrible actors in some low budget movies, that were written EXTREME well!
So well, in fact, you never really noticed how bad the actors were, because the story and script were so perfectly done!!

I've seen great actors in horrible movies, with abismol writing......and even the actors couldn't make it any better!!!

All of them ... the best actors, the best director, the best writing, the best costumes, the best carpenters, the best best boys ... best locations ... The Sound of Music ...

In some movies, it is the guy who does the Special Effects

Director is the main influence. It is directors who make the great actors and in most cases discovers them. Writers are important, but not in all movies; some movies are just a series of chases and fights; the director and the stunt choreographers would be the main influences there. Some great actors become great directors, which is why they make that move. Some actors can't do anything but look good on camera for maybe 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, and read lines off cue cards. Editing makes many of them look good to audiences, and it is directors who do most of the editing. In early Hollywood directors would have be effective thugs to get the crews in line.

Orson Welles
A genius screen writer .
Author
Actor
Director and Producer

Although it takes a lot of people to make a movie, who is most responsible for it's success?
I would say the editor.

He who splices the scenes with the utmost talent for impact will always product a great story.

But yeah, all of the above, I think.

BUT! You have to have a story, or no one cares.

I'd say a bit of everything..... a pinch of this a pinch of that.....you know....

At the end of the day, the main actor can make or brake a movie though! ;)

if the Popcorn isn’t just right, the whole movie is ruined
The last time that I was at a theater which was almost a decade ago, popcorn wasn't the only food to pick from.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, those who go to see the film might be who makes all of the difference. Another set of people who haven't been mentioned are those who plug the film. In other words, the people who get the word out about the film in the first place, put the film commercials together, etc. write the reviews that are written. I could be wrong, but they may be labeled the promoters and what they do is make the film look interesting enough to check out. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back