Jim Braddock
Joe Louis
Thomas Hearns
Rocky Marciano
Floyd Mayweather

lg325

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Dempsey ,Louis, Robinson, Ali, Chavez. There are others in all weight classes this is just the five off the top of my head.

OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy how often all those guys fought every year

lg325

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to put Archie Moore in my list with Robinson , Armstrong , Ali and Lewis

Mr. Friscus

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not a boxing historian. I've watched a few Ali fights, and many Tyson fights.

While Ali has the better case to be considered better on paper, I'm convinced that if Ali stepped in the ring with prime Mike Tyson, he'd be on the canvas staring at the lights in 4-5 rounds.. thinking "Wow.. that rope-a-dope doesn't work against everyone"

22lcidw

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not a boxing historian. I've watched a few Ali fights, and many Tyson fights.

While Ali has the better case to be considered better on paper, I'm convinced that if Ali stepped in the ring with prime Mike Tyson, he'd be on the canvas staring at the lights in 4-5 rounds.. thinking "Wow.. that rope-a-dope doesn't work against everyone"
When Tyson was in his early years, there was no one ever better. I believe his trainer kept him in line. Then he died. Tyson started to lose control of his anger. His personal life was affected worse and worse. Until it became more noticeable to the public then his boxing. And his boxing in the ring deteriated. A man's life is a tapestry. Ups and downs. And unfairly or not judged in a Western World that is jaded and cynical.

CHAZBUKOWSKI

Silver Member
Reaction score

Prime Ali didn't rope-a-dope. Prime Ali danced for the full 3 minutes, snaking jabs and straight rights. And after 4 or 5 rounds of not being able to dismantle somebody, Tyson's fragile psyche becomes evident. Ali takes him apart.

CHAZBUKOWSKI

Silver Member
Reaction score

When Tyson was in his early years, there was no one ever better. I believe his trainer kept him in line. Then he died. Tyson started to lose control of his anger. His personal life was affected worse and worse. Until it became more noticeable to the public then his boxing. And his boxing in the ring deteriated. A man's life is a tapestry. Ups and downs. And unfairly or not judged in a Western World that is jaded and cynical.
Mike Tyson's trainer died before he even fought for the title. Tyson was a trainwreck waiting to happen, whether D'Amato was around or not. Cus enabled Tyson's bad traits.

Tyson was a USA fight of the night sensation, destroying club fighters left and right. But he is not even in the top 5 of heavies, much less all weight classes.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List