Debate Now Who are the serious debaters on this forum?

Do you agree with the Betsy DeVos plan to fix our failing education system?

First off, Betsy Devos is the last person I would have nominated for her position. So, I guess 'no' is the answer you are looking for, however......

You are asking a loaded question. The subject demands more robustness than you are asking.

Too bad it didn’t teach you critical thinking skills or deductive reasoning.

Well, that's rich given that you just made a vacuous accusation without substantiation.

But, lazy retorts are the province of the simple minded. Not much I can do about that.

I mean, anyone who'd put Salinger over Kesey or Heller has some issues.

Omission doesn't equal diminution. You've committed a logical fallacy. I merely picked a few notables for my original example, it wouldn't have been very impactful to list the whole lot of American authors. Don't read more into than is there. Let that be a lesson to ya.

Now we get it. Knew it was there.

Ignore the veneer of civility you try to convince us is there. When you blame the other guy for your incivility, all bets are off.

"Debate" :laughing0301:

You should pay more attention to what, in fact, I wrote, I sensed in advance some simpleton would make that accusation you just made, and I clearly put it in the OP that I am also guilty of such debate sins I am eschewing in the OP, that, indeed, I do not claim any status of being a paragon of debate forum virtue. What that means, OhPleaseJustQuit, is that if someone wants me to wallow in a cesspool, I'll indulge. But, in the mean time, if you really understood the OP, I'm asking for folks that would like NOT to wallowing in cesspools on a debate forum, and I will invite them to participate in the future. But, outside of that invite silo, ALL BETS ARE OFF.

You should pay more attention to what, in fact, I wrote, I sensed in advance some simpleton would make that accusation you just made, and I clearly put it in the OP that I am also guilty of such debate sins I am eschewing in the OP, that, indeed, I do not claim any status of being a paragon of debate forum virtue. What that means, OhPleaseJustQuit, is that if someone wants me to wallow in a cesspool, I'll indulge. But, in the mean time, if you really understood the OP, I'm asking for folks that would like NOT to wallowing in cesspools on a debate forum, and I will invite them to participate in the future. But, outside of that invite silo, ALL BETS ARE OFF.

BLah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah....

Yet again, your OP was lacking substance. Mere words, spewed in a semblance of prose, does not an OP make.

What the fuck are you talking about? THe OP was just looking for folks that want to debate, and not wallow in petty insults, etc. There was no real argument put up for debate in the first place

Shallow liar ^ caught in a lie.

I got DumpHole to place me on his ignore list, I believe.

Kinda makes me proud. 👍

Like this?
That was sarcasm, not a rebuttal.

Know the difference. I never asserted that a short reply isn't warranted ever. A lazy retort is one that requires more, but wasn't given. My sarcastic reply was appropriate.

Forum List

Back