Who are the Israelis?

You are a hero of the Love of Israel’: Rabbi Murdered in West Bank Terror Attack Laid to Rest.
Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, who was killed by a terrorist attack at the Ariel junction in the West Bank on Sunday, was laid to rest on Monday after succumbing to his wounds.

Ettinger was shot after a terrorist stabbed IDF soldier Gal Keidan to death, stole his weapon and then opened fire on passing cars. Ettinger reportedly succeeded in returning fire, but failed to wound the terrorist. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, but efforts to save him eventually failed. He left behind his wife Tamar and 12 children, ranging in age from 21 to a year and a half.

According to Hebrew news site Walla, hundreds gathered in the community of Eli for Ettinger’s funeral on Monday.

Avraham Shiller, the head rabbi of Eli, eulogized Ettinger, saying, “Rabbi Achiad, you are…a hero and a fighter. … In your heroism, you are a messenger of all the Israeli people. … You are a hero of the love of Israel.”

“How will Tamar raise 12 children alone?” Shiller asked. “How will Tamar lead them to the chuppah alone? How will 12 children grow up without a father. … But we are all Mordechai the Jew. A Jew is a person who is tested by trials. We fall down and get up.”

‘You Are a Hero of the Love of Israel’: Rabbi Murdered in West Bank Terror Attack Laid to Rest

HCJ Overturns Election Committee's Decision - Your News From Israel

Israeli High Court has decided to disqualify Otzma Yehudit leader Michael Ben Ari from elections in April, while approving the candidacy of disputed Arab parties.

Attorney Itamar Ben-Gvir was born on 6 Iyar 5736 and grew up in a traditional home in Mevasseret Zion. His mother was an active member of the Irgun and was arrested by the British before the establishment of the State of Israel, and Ben-Gvir became religious at the age of 14, Israel received 46 acquittals after judges ruled that the police had harassed him, and he had won more than a quarter of a million shekels in various lawsuits against the police after the courts ruled that he had been arrested in vain.

During one of his appearances in the Supreme Court, Supreme Court President Aharon Barak recommended that Ben-Gvir go to law school. During the expulsion from Gush Katif, Ben-Gvir moved with his family from Hebron to live in a hotel in Gush Katif. Ben-Gvir has a legal education and holds a law degree. When he applied for internship at first, the bar decided to prevent him from gaining expertise in the light of his views and political views. In his appeal, a decision was made between the members of the Central Committee of the Bar and the original decision was not changed. After requesting to appeal to the court it was agreed that he would be allowed to specialize and then serve as a lawyer. For five years as a lawyer, Ben-Gvir created many legal precedents, first and foremost the disqualification of all the notices of a young man accused in the Duma affair of setting fire to a church. Recently, the recordings of the investigation into the arson of the church were published, revealing that police spokesmen abused a minor in the detention center, and it turned out that Ben-Gvir was right during the interrogations when he claimed that the Shin Bet was acting illegally. Education Minister Naftali Bennett responded and said that Ben-Gvir should not be believed but to justice minister Ayelet Shaked who said there is no torture.

Ben Gvir is also behind a precedent that led to the cancellation of a humiliating search for young men and women arrested during demonstrations, as well as a precedent that is permitted to be said "Am Yisrael Hai!" on the Temple Mount. 2016 Ben-Gvir sued the Waqf, claiming that his people harassed him on a visit to the Temple Mount in violation of the Protection of Privacy Law. The Magistrate's Court awarded him compensation of NIS 50,000 and court expenses.

In April 2018, a court decided that worker at a gas station that called Ben-Gvir "Nazi" saluted him with a salute and ignored summonses for trial, will pay him NIS 200,000.In a criminal case he conducted that involved attacking Arabs, Ben- Gvir switched the witness who was identified the wrong person and thereby resulted in the acquittal of the defendant.

KIPA - 21 Feb 2019
F170227YS21-640x400.jpg

First publication: After years in which the government refrains from building in controversial area E1, a Jewish organization purchased 100 dunams in the area in order to establish facts on the ground in the near future and
bypass the government. The full report we published at @amirivgi in the first response:

יובל שגב on Twitter

D2GLNRzX4AAWz3h.jpg

You are a hero of the Love of Israel’: Rabbi Murdered in West Bank Terror Attack Laid to Rest.
Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, who was killed by a terrorist attack at the Ariel junction in the West Bank on Sunday, was laid to rest on Monday after succumbing to his wounds.

Ettinger was shot after a terrorist stabbed IDF soldier Gal Keidan to death, stole his weapon and then opened fire on passing cars. Ettinger reportedly succeeded in returning fire, but failed to wound the terrorist. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, but efforts to save him eventually failed. He left behind his wife Tamar and 12 children, ranging in age from 21 to a year and a half.

According to Hebrew news site Walla, hundreds gathered in the community of Eli for Ettinger’s funeral on Monday.

Avraham Shiller, the head rabbi of Eli, eulogized Ettinger, saying, “Rabbi Achiad, you are…a hero and a fighter. … In your heroism, you are a messenger of all the Israeli people. … You are a hero of the love of Israel.”

“How will Tamar raise 12 children alone?” Shiller asked. “How will Tamar lead them to the chuppah alone? How will 12 children grow up without a father. … But we are all Mordechai the Jew. A Jew is a person who is tested by trials. We fall down and get up.”

‘You Are a Hero of the Love of Israel’: Rabbi Murdered in West Bank Terror Attack Laid to Rest

May there be no further loss for the lovers of Zion.

Watch: Amona and Duma, Trump, leftists and rabbis - Smotrich talks
About rabbis and politicians, who lied about the Duma affair, does he regret a meeting in a coalition that destroyed settlements, what if the moment of truth in the Jewish home stammers, and what song did he choose to play? • Bezalel Smotrich in an interview with the Jewish Voice

Whatever your opinion, it seems that everyone agrees that Bezalel Smotrich, chairman of the National Union Party, is one of the most successful Knesset members. Rising star, who in his first term has become one of the leading lawmakers the Knesset, the interviewee manages to grab the bull by the media-leftist horns and pass the messages without blinking or cutting corners, to develop a force not smaller in social networks, and despite the great danger they see in him on the Left, he succeeded in producing collaborations also with MKs from the Meretz party. As part of the Jewish Voice's election project we reached the house of Smotrich in Kedumim.

Between the bowl of morning cornflakes and the busy workday of the election campaign, we managed to disconnect him from the cell phone and sit down to talk about a variety of topics. The complex relationship between politicians and rabbis ("One of the most difficult problems is artificial attempts to impose a link between rabbis and people of action"), the Duma affair ("Ayelet lied"), the issue of assimilation("We are afraid of it being marketed as a Zionist plan"), the establishment of an Arab entity in the Land of Israel ("this is us or them"), the security situation (they say to the IDF: "You have a bonfire, turn it off with a bucket of water in one hand and pour fuel with the other "), as well as a coalition in the government that destroyed Amona and Nativ Ha'avot (" toppling the government against this background, would be a prize for the High Court of Justice ").

Why did you ever get into politics?
"The truth is that for everything I've done in recent years, Hashem has wheeled me by chance. I studied at a yeshiva in Kedumim and the head of the yeshiva came and told me, "What to me and a bank account? Come manage the yeshiva". This led to the establishment of the Association of Higher Yeshivas, and Regavim also has an amazing story about how we established the organization without realizing where it was going.

I also entered the Knesset in a two-week decision. We are a group that works together from the days before the expulsion and there was a thought that someone in the Knesset was also needed. We entered the National Union, the center of Tkumah, and with help of heavens there was great success. "

A sectoral party and a leadership - they went together? "
I liken it to the reactor that pumps electricity to the entire State of Israel, and we are building the reactor. When we take care of settlement, it's not because our friends are there, but our friends are there because it's the Zionist enterprise today. When we take care of the Torah nuclei, it is not because our friends are there, but because they are the social-educational mission today. And even when we take care of the institutions and the religious Zionist enterprise, it is not a sectoral one but a nurturing of the people who will advance Israeli society."

Smotrich also refers to the occasional bites that Minister of Education and New Right part chair Naftali Bennett sends about the fact that the party is "sectoral". "I think Bennett is confusing the leadership with the government, and he wants to sit on the prime minister's chair, and that's the rule. As far as leadership is concerned, I think that we are leaders and that there is no movement that has influenced the State of Israel in recent decades like religious Zionism, certainly in relation to its relative size. "

Prior to the evacuation of Amona, You declared that Amona was a mine to be blown up by the government. You have survived not only the destruction of Amona, but also the destruction of Netiv HaAvot. How do you explain it?
"It was really one of the worst moments in a coalition with a lot of stomachaches, but at the end of this coalition there is no coalition of destruction, but it was raped by a High Court order as a result of the failures of previous governments.
I would not be in a coalition that would have evacuated Amona from itself as a policy. We turned all the steering wheel of the coalition from a government of destruction into a government of construction. We brought the law of regulation, which is dramatic at crazy levels. We moved the decision from the dark rooms and corridors in Salahadin street in the Ministry of Justice to the Knesset - to the sovereign, we did everything to try to prevent this destruction. We have established Amichai with the full funding of the State of Israel.
To topple the government against this background would be a prize to the High Court of Justice - once the High Court of Justice brought about destruction and once again the fall of a right-wing government. "

Smotrich does not see his conduct as a failure to meet his declarations.

"I think the statements you made in my name were those that created the commitment and the atmosphere, and eventually forced all those in the coalition, who did not like it in the first place, to align and make all these efforts. There was one way to prevent this destruction - to inform the High Court of Justice that we will not keep the ruling, except for Levin and I have no one to hear it", he explains immediately. "I examine the government regarding its actions and if forced to do other things it is sad, but it is not within the realm of government responsibility."

With these answers, Smotrich says that public criticism of him was also needed.

"I have come from a world of Beit Midrash (Torah study), and there are absolute statements and the ability to adhere to them, but when you go down to the practical world there is a gap between desirable and common, and politics is the art of the possible.
This is a very dangerous statement because it is possible to arrive at statements of 'things you see from here, you can not see from there.' So it's a question of balance and common sense. It requires a lot of safety belts of "Make yourself a rabbi and buy yourself a friend", and maintain a clear affiliation to the road and vision and values that hold you. I think that the public pressure and the public criticism I received for staying in this government is also part of what keeps me safe. I take it in a very good spirit. I am not very angry at anyone who attacked me and also at those who think today that we were wrong. To me that's part of it. There are balances that pull this way and that, and we end up sitting in the middle. I am 100 percent complete with the decision. I think we have done a lot and this is the test - how do we promote the redemption and the return of the Shekhina to Zion in the twisted and complicated reality in which we live. "

"Make Yourself a Rabbi" By the way, do you have rabbinical authority?
"One of the most difficult problems in religious Zionism is that there were artificial attempts to impose a connection between rabbis and people of action, people who did not grow up in a world of Torah, and rabbis who were not so connected to the people of action". Samotrich explains his understanding of the complex system that has provided quite a few intrigues over the years and spins that do not always create respect for both sides - the rabbis and the politicians. I am a student of two rabbis: My father, teacher and rabbi (Rabbi Chaim Smotrich) and the head of the yeshiva here in Kedumim Rabbi Yitzhak Ben Shachar, who for 20 years I have been under his shadow and studying from his teaching. Two figures which accompany me and shape my worldview. "

However, Smotrich makes it clear that the rabbis will not necessarily accept the decisions on the ground.

"It's true that both of them do not usually make the practical decisions, they teach the issues, they think correctly, they bring the theories of the beit midrash and the Torah, and I think the people in the end understand the world of action and their job is to translate it. There are cutting intersections, like retire from the government or not, but usually this is not the case.
I think there's a lot of hypocrisy at the end in people trying to present other models. In the Heredi community, are they listening to the rabbis? After all, 90 percent of the answer lies in the question of which data lead to a majority. In the end, those who build the Rav's perception of reality are the practical people who block those they want to block from the rabbi. I remember the days before the expulsion from Gaza, that we tried to reach Rabbi Ovadia ZTSVK"L and the Admorim, they admit and block those whom they want."

"It's either us or them"
The Trump Plan at the door, what do you know about the plan?
"We know very little about the plan, but one thing is certain, and Netanyahu, although he claims otherwise, is in the loop, and the relationship between him and Trump is a friendship affair and Trump would have done nothing above Netanyahu's head. And therefore strong forces must be on the right side of Netanyahu and the Likud. The approach that holds that a plan should be accepted that will include handing over the territories of the Land of Israel, since the Arabs will probably reject the plan and so we will look good in the world, Smotrich defines it as a "dangerous" approach.

"The very willingness to talk about the handing over of the territories of the Land of Israel erodes, first and foremost, our consciousness within Israeli society and also the consciousness towards the world ... The biggest damage Netanyahu has done is consciousness, along with his great advantages, that there's almost no right wing today in the country. For if a right-wing governent PM talks from Bar-Ilan and forth about a Palestinian state it is very difficult to establish other concepts. I think that our party today is the only one that carries the idea of Eretz Israel HaShlemah (entire land of Israel). Bennett talks about autonomy with a flag and an anthem, and I do not know what exactly is the difference between him and Netanyahu.

We are the only ones who say that no other national entity will be established here in the Land of Israel. Neither in A nor in B nor C. Not in Nablus, not in Ramallah, not in Jenin, not in Hebron. It is time to come to the world and tell the truth as in my Decisive Plan. We have to explain that there are two conflicting national aspirations here.

It's either us or them, and anyway it's us. They will have to give up exercising their national aspiration here, they have many places to live without seeing Jews before their eyes in the morning. As far as this truth is said, I think that Israeli society must be in, but the international community will also understand this and align with it even if it takes time. "

Do you have any red lines on this subject?
"We will not sit with a government that will establish a Palestinian state and talk about evacuating settlements ... In any way, our goal in this context is to be there to pull the government to the right, to make sure that there are those who preserve settlement as a value, as a commandment and as a political idea. Divine truth goes beautifully with reality.

But as we are familiar with the conduct, it is reasonable to assume that things will not be unequivocal - they will offer extensive construction in settlements, even sovereignty, in return for giving up the land - how do you know that in the end you are not dragged?
"First of all, my real fear of this plan is that it will be marketed to the Israeli public as you say - Netanyahu will say applying sovereignty and building momentum and explain that this is a national and Zionist plan ... We oppose it with all our soul. We will have to see things, to consult on the question of how to conduct political activity, but to make it clear: we will not sit in a government that will create such plans or create a distinction between blocs without blocs or establish a political entity. We only have to see that we will not be left alone 10-12 seats shouting at 108 supporters. "

If there is a difference of opinion with Rabbi Rafi and the Jewish Home party, what is the red line that they will put? Because "inner influence" is something very subjective. Could you be an option that if the Jewish home does not align with your positions, this package breaks down?
"Red lines you draw against a given reality, learn and understand it and draw boundaries. Secondly, I do not think that I am more righteous or love the Land of Israel than anyone else. Three, we are two parties and not just, we are careful to maintain ideological and organizational independence, there we have rabbis and our decision-making system, and I hope that we will not reach such moments and there will be agreement, and if there are arguments, we will deal with them and discuss them, but we are an independent party. I think we're dealing with hypothetical questions"

Nevertheless, we saw the conduct of some members of the Mafdal during the expulsion from Gush Katif and their stay in the government
"You're right. I hope everyone learned from mistakes. Definitely we are working together, cooperating, but the National Union is definitely an independent party and it has its own conduct and policy."

"They lied to Ayelet Shaked"
The Duma affair - we remember Bennett's statement to whom you believe Ben-Gvir or Shaked, you said clear things then. Did Ayelet lie?
"I tell you with the most responsibility - they lied to Ayelet, and I have reason to assume that the Shin Bet also did not tell the whole truth to the prosecution, so the prosecution did not tell Ayelet the whole truth. And I still have a lot of criticism for this", Smotrich emphasizes. (System comment: Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked has not been informed).

"I think that the Duma story shows that I proved my ability to stand up against Naftali and Ayelet, and even when we had a partnership I went with my truth - first of all a clear truth that distinguishes between a lover and an enemy ... I am not prepared to draw an equal distinction between how a democratic state deals with such phenomena, and an enemy that wants to annihilate me.

Ayelet should have been much more critical. This is our job as elected officials - managers on one side and supervisors on the other. She was wrong about this, unequivocally, and I want to believe and hope that she knows she was wrong and hope she and others learned the lessons."

"It is permissible to criticize the defense establishment"
"It is impossible to delegitimize criticism neither of the IDF, nor of other bodies that do holy work," says Smotrich. "Where they are wrong we have to criticize them, it's not a lack of statehood, it's our job as elected officials, we criticize the health system or the tax system, and the defense establishment as well.
The Jewish department in the Shin Bet is a body that needs to be closed, and not only does it not solve the problems it was supposedly created for, but only deepen them and intensify them. Every shekel invested in this department, means less shekels invested in treating real terror and saving lives. " According to him, even if Amiram Ben Uliel is convicted, we will never know if he is involved in the affair".

"When you use torture, you go into a very serious danger of false confessions and convictions, and after this interrogation has been so dramatically contaminated, we will never be able to sleep peacefully and we will not know if anyone who has admitted this murder in Duma has done it or not, and that is what bothers me most. This is an opportunity to congratulate Itamar Ben-Gvir, who conducted a heroic battle out of a sense of justice, in spite of all those who said to him: Listen, you have no chance. It's fighting the wind stations, and he went with the truth and there are times when the truth succeeds in penetrating our alma dashikra (world of lie)."

What do you think about the issue of assimilation and the phenomenon of exploitation of minor girls by Arabs?
"Unfortunately, there is a lot of hypocrisy and even racism around this issue, women's organizations, for which, by the way, I have great appreciation for their actions in the field of combating sexual assault, when it comes to this area of Arabs and Jews, they are not interested in dealing with this issue. And in this matter, I would like to congratulate both the Jewish Voice and the Lahava organization, who are not afraid to touch these points and are not afraid of the public criticism.

There is a black hole here that causes many casualties. I demand very intensive intervention and systemic treatment, and it is inconceivable that because it comes to this area of assimilation between Jews and Arabs, then suddenly everyone is afraid to touch it. In the end, it is minors, exploitation and vulnerability and criminality, and this is a failure of welfare systems and welfare institutions and this requires root treatment. "

At the same time, Smotrich emphasizes that "in the current communal and social climate, it must be done by way of good, a lot of publicity and prevention, and by the way, there is a lot of hypocrisy in the left, because when you ask most people whether they support assimilation, there are very few people who will tell you that they have no problem with their son or daughter marrying a non-Jew. But when it comes to the bottom line and you have to tell them, so what do you do to prevent it, they are afraid to touch this hot potato.
You have to say clear things. Assimilation is a bad thing. The Jewish people has maintained itself for thousands of years of exile and migration by virtue of its prevention to assimilate. The current assimilation processes of world Jewry is on the scale of the Holocaust. In Eretz Yisrael and in the State of Israel we are in a completely different reality and still on the margins a phenomenon is developing that must certainly be prevented."

Stones and Molotov cocktails on the Judea and Samaria road on a daily basis, do you think that the events are deliberately silenced?
"Do not think it's silenced. This is a reality that we have become used to, and it is terrible and we must not get used to it.
I remember when I was in the army there was an order that Central Command issued to protect the Arab olive harvest - untill the last olive, and I asked myself and my commanders then when the day would come when an order would be issued in the IDF - Up to the last stone. Why do not we want an Arab not to harvest olives in some tree near the settlements, even though it endangers settlement and we are willing to accept an intolerable reality of terror attacks every day? "

At the same time, Smotrich says that the solution to terrorism lies not only in the army but in the root of things.

"The only way to fight terrorism is to cut down the hope that motivates it, we have to dry the swamp, it's a very deep rooting process that Israeli society needs to go through, and the IDF needs to pass, and I think the other side will also comprehend very quickly when we know what we want from ourselves.
The directive that the political echelon dictates today to the IDF is impossible: say to the IDF, listen, you have a bonfire, turn it off with a bucket of water in one hand and pour fuel into the other. Fight terrorism, but keep the Palestinian Authority as a partner for negotiations to establish a terrorist state here, so you are constantly cultivating hope for them. This is the hope that creates the motivation of terrorism. There is no big lie like the lie of the left that terror is caused by despair. Terrorism stems from hope. Therefore, the Palestinian Authority must be dismantled, let it fall, take responsibility for the territory, and tell the Arabs that there is not and will not be established a state."

Something good about politicians from the opposite camp?
"There's a lot," Smotrich says with a big smile. "I led with Itzik Shmuli the struggle against the closure of Sdeh Dov (airport), and with Michal Rozin, I have a joint proposal to strengthen the supervision of administrative detentions ... I think that the vast majority of Knesset members on both sides of the divide are acting out of the good for the State of Israel and love for the people of Israel. We can disagree by 180 degrees, what is good and that we will argue about, but I think the people are good people. "

Amona and Duma, Trump, leftists and rabbis - Samotrich talks
Jewish Voice 28.3.19

Last edited:
Meet the Haredi women who will lead the start-up nation
1,600 women from the sector participated in a competition for innovation and start-up companies at a special conference. Among the participants are those who are already working on Disney projects and an application to the Weizmann Institute: "The craziest and best quality startups will come from here."
What idea won? See Akiva Weiss's article from the
evening news

START-AT

AO1_1449.jpg

Last edited:
The Sovereignty Movement welcomes the successful efforts of engaging with the White House in the matter of Israeli sovereignty on the Golan Heights and views this success as proof of the power of Israel to change positions in Washington and abroad.

The co-chairwomen of the movement, Yehudit Katsover and Nadia Matar, add their thanks to ministers of the Israeli government, members of Knesset, the many public figures and the activists in the Land and abroad who have been exerting parliamentary and public pressure in the issue of sovereignty over Judea and Samaria, pressure that resulted as the first step, to the recognition of Israeli sovereignty in the Golan as the prime minister's political goal. "If the political pressure continues, this will happen in Judea and Samaria as well", say the two women.

"As it was with the Golan Heights, it will also be in Judea and Samaria; the decision for sovereignty must begin here in Israel. From here, world opinion will follow. We showed resolution on Jerusalem, and the United States followed us as well as other countries. Regarding the Golan Heights, there was first an Israeli consensus and the American recognition followed. In Judea and Samaria as well, we will win recognition in the same way, beginning with an Israeli step".

Katsover and Matar note that "just as American recognition of Israeli sovereignty on the Golan matches American interests in the region, Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria will match U.S. interests even more. American recognition of Israeli sovereignty in the Golan constitutes a response to the increased Iranian, Russian and Turkish influence on the Golan and in Syria in general. If there was, Heaven forbid, an Israeli withdrawal from Judea and Samaria it would be a base for another tentacle of the Iranian octopus and the axis of evil. Such a withdrawal, and the establishment of another political entity in the heart of the Land, would be not only an existential danger to Israel, but also significantly undermine regional stability. When this is understood, it could bring about the American recognition of Israeli sovereignty also in Judea and Samaria, but as noted, everything begins with Israel".

The two women emphasize that the Israeli leadership must refrain from viewing the American recognition as a way to exert political pressure on Israel ahead of the American president's "Deal of the Century", which is expected to include, according to rumors, recognition of an Arab state in the heart of the Land, despite this being an existential danger to the future of Israel. "After 52 years of ideological and political submission to the two-states concept, springtime has come to Israel. The time has come to return to the natural Jewish and Zionist concept, to be a free people in our Land. The Israeli spring is spring for the world, in the words of Rav Kook, zt"l, conclude Katsover and Matar.

Last edited:
The elections video of Jewish Power party was approved for broadcast
After stopping the video of the Union of the Right Parties, in which a Jewish Power candidate, Itamar Ben Gvir, was seen encouraging a soldier to shoot the terrorist, the chairman of the Elections Committee, Judge Meltzer, decided to approve the broadcast of the video, provided that there is a caption that the presenters are actors.

284293_4d6235ec889bfb51d9d35c6109236152.jpg

The chairman of the Central Elections Committee, Judge Hanan Meltzer, decided on Sunday to allow the broadcast of the elections campaign of Jewish Power and the Union of the Right parties, in which a terrorist tries to stab a soldier who is deliberating whether to shoot him in order to avoid legal complications. At this point, attorney Ben Gvir enters the scene and tells the soldier, "Shoot him! It's self-defense."

The United Arab List party petitioned against the broadcast of the video, and Judge Meltzer delayed its broadcast in the framework of the official Knesset election broadcasts on television.

This morning, a discussion was held on the subject in the Elections Committee, at which Meltzer initially said that the fact that the actors portrayed in the video were terrorists and two soldiers was a phishing offense. Ben-Gvir replied to the judge that according to this interpretation, any actor presenting any character on television will be prosecuted for impersonation.

However, after the hearing, and after attorney Ben Gvir claimed in the name of freedom of expression and said that the video is based on a case that occurred in the past, the judge decided that the video will include a written notice that all the characters in the video are actors, and so it will be - the video is approved for broadcast on television as part of elections broadcasts.

KIPA NEWS

Last edited:
An Israeli Victory benefits both Jews and Arabs
Over the years, significant international pressure on Israel created an anomaly where ironically, the more Israel seeks peace and compromise with its unreformed enemy, the further peace is pushed into a distant future.

IDF’s new Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi recently asked the IDF command to prepare the Israeli military for victory. If properly supported by Israel’s top political echelon, it could ultimately translate Israel’s many tactical but inconclusive victories into a strategic Israeli victory that finally ends the conflict between Israel and her hostile neighbors.

In May 1948, most military experts were convinced that the nascent Jewish state would not survive the onslaught by numerically superior and better-equipped Arab forces. However, the Arabs and the military experts failed to take into account the Jewish people’s determined fighting spirit and improvisation skills. In an unlikely twist of history, the Jewish people, which was for centuries associated with powerlessness, created against all odds one of the world’s finest and most powerful defense forces.

When facing existential threats, the IDF’s fighting capabilities proved to be second to none. While winning impressive tactical victories, domestic and international factors have prevented Israel to translate these gains into a strategic victory that ends the conflict. Over the years, significant international political pressure on Israel created an anomaly where Israel won in the military battlefields but kept losing in the political aftermath. After Israel’s spectacular military victory during the 1967 War, the late Israeli statesman Abba Eban famously noted that it was the first conflict in human history where the winning Israeli side wanted peaceful compromise while the losing Arab side demanded unconditional surrender.

This phenomenon was not merely due to international pressures. Due to the Jewish people’s long history of persecutions and oppression, the Jewish state has often been reluctant to use its full military might beyond securing its survival. Jewish highly principled ethics has also made the Israel Defense Forces the world’s most moral military force. While Israel has frequently been demonized for using “disproportionate force”, in reality it has used far less force than other Western democracies facing far less severe threats than Israel. Unlike any other country, Israel has risked the lives of its own soldiers in order to minimize enemy civilian casualties. Israel is also providing electricity, medicine and food to Hamas-ruled Gaza, an enemy entity bent on Israel’s destruction.

According to this misguided left-leaning Jewish reasoning, peace would eventually come with the improved life quality of Israel’s enemies emanating from cooperation with Israel. The fact that Hamas and PLO are not driven by economics or by peaceful coexistence but by the desire to wipe Israel off the map was conveniently deleted out of the equation. Israel’s late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin’s words summarized this misguided mindset: “You don’t make peace with friends, you make it with very unsavory enemies.” The key words missing in this sentence are former enemies. Post-1945 peace between the Allies and Germany/Japan was only realized after the aggressive Nazi and imperial regimes in Berlin and Tokyo were replaced with democratic governments embracing peace. If the delusional Oslo Peace Accord mindset had been applied in 1945 with an unreformed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, the Second World War would still be raging today.

Ironically, the more Israel has been seeking peace and compromise with an unreformed enemy, the further genuine peace is pushed into a distant future. In June 2005, Israel’s former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told the Israel Policy Forum:

“We are tired of fighting; we are tired of being courageous; we are tired of winning; we are tired of defeating our enemies.”

This pacifist mindset might work with peaceful neighbors like Iceland or Denmark. However, with hostile neighbors like Hamas and Hezbollah, it was an undeclared invitation for further aggression against Israel. In 2006, the Shiite Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hezbollah attacked Israel, which triggered the Second Lebanon War. Israeli soldiers blamed the Israeli government and military establishment for blunders and preventing a solid Israeli victory against Hezbollah. As a result, Hezbollah is today an even greater menace than in 2006 and has essentially transformed Lebanon into an anti-Israel Iranian vassal state.

Liberals in Israel and abroad have repeatedly argued that Israel cannot expect its neighbors to embrace Zionism. The defeated Germans and the Japanese in 1945 did not embrace Americanism. Quite the opposite. Resentment towards America continued long after the war had ended. However, post-1945 Germany and Japan were in no position to dictate anything. By being forced to accept defeat, Germany and Japan eventually transformed into thriving and peaceful democracies.

The goal of an Israeli victory is not to make Israel loved among her neighbors. Its purpose is to force Israel’s enemies to give up their goal of annihilating the Jewish state. This requires a sustained Israeli determination to use a combination of its considerable military, economic and political power. It also requires resisting the desire for immediate illusionary peace in favor of a genuine long-term peace settlement where the Israeli victor sets the rules for its defeated enemies. An Israeli strategic victory to end all future wars is not only a crucial Israeli interest. Like the defeated Germans and the Japanese, Israel’s hostile neighbors would benefit greatly from being decisively defeated. By giving up their fantasy of destroying the Jewish state, the Muslim Arab population in Gaza, Judea, Samaria and beyond could instead focus on improving their own lives and joining the 21st century.

415%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA%D7%9C%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%9B%D7%91%D7%99-1.jpg

Over the years, significant international pressure on Israel created an anomaly where ironically, the more Israel seeks peace and compromise with its unreformed enemy, the further peace is pushed into a distant future.

IDF’s new Chief of Staff Aviv Kochavi recently asked the IDF command to prepare the Israeli military for victory. If properly supported by Israel’s top political echelon, it could ultimately translate Israel’s many tactical but inconclusive victories into a strategic Israeli victory that finally ends the conflict between Israel and her hostile neighbors.

In May 1948, most military experts were convinced that the nascent Jewish state would not survive the onslaught by numerically superior and better-equipped Arab forces. However, the Arabs and the military experts failed to take into account the Jewish people’s determined fighting spirit and improvisation skills. In an unlikely twist of history, the Jewish people, which was for centuries associated with powerlessness, created against all odds one of the world’s finest and most powerful defense forces.

When facing existential threats, the IDF’s fighting capabilities proved to be second to none. While winning impressive tactical victories, domestic and international factors have prevented Israel to translate these gains into a strategic victory that ends the conflict. Over the years, significant international political pressure on Israel created an anomaly where Israel won in the military battlefields but kept losing in the political aftermath. After Israel’s spectacular military victory during the 1967 War, the late Israeli statesman Abba Eban famously noted that it was the first conflict in human history where the winning Israeli side wanted peaceful compromise while the losing Arab side demanded unconditional surrender.

This phenomenon was not merely due to international pressures. Due to the Jewish people’s long history of persecutions and oppression, the Jewish state has often been reluctant to use its full military might beyond securing its survival. Jewish highly principled ethics has also made the Israel Defense Forces the world’s most moral military force. While Israel has frequently been demonized for using “disproportionate force”, in reality it has used far less force than other Western democracies facing far less severe threats than Israel. Unlike any other country, Israel has risked the lives of its own soldiers in order to minimize enemy civilian casualties. Israel is also providing electricity, medicine and food to Hamas-ruled Gaza, an enemy entity bent on Israel’s destruction.

According to this misguided left-leaning Jewish reasoning, peace would eventually come with the improved life quality of Israel’s enemies emanating from cooperation with Israel. The fact that Hamas and PLO are not driven by economics or by peaceful coexistence but by the desire to wipe Israel off the map was conveniently deleted out of the equation. Israel’s late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin’s words summarized this misguided mindset: “You don’t make peace with friends, you make it with very unsavory enemies.” The key words missing in this sentence are former enemies. Post-1945 peace between the Allies and Germany/Japan was only realized after the aggressive Nazi and imperial regimes in Berlin and Tokyo were replaced with democratic governments embracing peace. If the delusional Oslo Peace Accord mindset had been applied in 1945 with an unreformed Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, the Second World War would still be raging today.

Ironically, the more Israel has been seeking peace and compromise with an unreformed enemy, the further genuine peace is pushed into a distant future. In June 2005, Israel’s former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told the Israel Policy Forum:

“We are tired of fighting; we are tired of being courageous; we are tired of winning; we are tired of defeating our enemies.”

This pacifist mindset might work with peaceful neighbors like Iceland or Denmark. However, with hostile neighbors like Hamas and Hezbollah, it was an undeclared invitation for further aggression against Israel. In 2006, the Shiite Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hezbollah attacked Israel, which triggered the Second Lebanon War. Israeli soldiers blamed the Israeli government and military establishment for blunders and preventing a solid Israeli victory against Hezbollah. As a result, Hezbollah is today an even greater menace than in 2006 and has essentially transformed Lebanon into an anti-Israel Iranian vassal state.

Liberals in Israel and abroad have repeatedly argued that Israel cannot expect its neighbors to embrace Zionism. The defeated Germans and the Japanese in 1945 did not embrace Americanism. Quite the opposite. Resentment towards America continued long after the war had ended. However, post-1945 Germany and Japan were in no position to dictate anything. By being forced to accept defeat, Germany and Japan eventually transformed into thriving and peaceful democracies.

The goal of an Israeli victory is not to make Israel loved among her neighbors. Its purpose is to force Israel’s enemies to give up their goal of annihilating the Jewish state. This requires a sustained Israeli determination to use a combination of its considerable military, economic and political power. It also requires resisting the desire for immediate illusionary peace in favor of a genuine long-term peace settlement where the Israeli victor sets the rules for its defeated enemies. An Israeli strategic victory to end all future wars is not only a crucial Israeli interest. Like the defeated Germans and the Japanese, Israel’s hostile neighbors would benefit greatly from being decisively defeated. By giving up their fantasy of destroying the Jewish state, the Muslim Arab population in Gaza, Judea, Samaria and beyond could instead focus on improving their own lives and joining the 21st century.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Indeed.

Interesting.
Dissolved through elections.

Maybe a concept You should discuss with fellow mental patients,
at the next Jihadi Pacifist Convention.

Last edited:
2019 Israeli Elections Explained

Israel takes to the voting booths on April 9. What are the main issues at stake here and how does it relate to U.S. politics? Our Tal Heinrich explains.

For the first time since their union, the Blue and White alliance - headed by former IDF chief of staff Benny Gantz and former finance minister Yair Lapid - has fallen below 30 seats, according to a poll published by Walla! News on Tuesday.

The new numbers come after a dicy week of back and forth between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Gantz who has given the sitting leader a run for his money in the run-up to April 9 elections.
The poll shows Netanyahu’s Likud party outperforming the centrist Blue & White alliance, winning 32 seats to Gantz and Lapid’s 29.

Gantz’ popularity as potential prime minister also fell, with only 28 percent of Israelis preferring him to Netanyahu, who is preferred by a near majority at 46 percent. While Gantz’ diminishing popularity may be the result of a concerted effort from the Likud campaign to portray him as unfit to lead, the poll showed that most voters are unconcerned by the recent Iranian phone hack controversy.

23 percent of those polled said news that Iran hacked into Gantz’ personal phone affected their perception of him, while the majority (73%) said the story did not affect their view of him one way or the other. Among Israelis planning to vote for Blue and White, only three percent said the hacking scandal affected their view of him, while 89 percent said it did not.

In recent days, Gantz and his team of defense heavyweights have continually slammed Netanyahu for his alleged involvement in the “Submarine Affair.” On Monday, speaking to a press conference, Gantz said he plans to establish a state investigative committee to examine what he called “the most serious corruption affair in the history of the state of Israel.” The poll also shows the right-wing Yisrael Beitenu and Zehut parties clearing the electoral threshold, allowing the right-wing bloc to expand to 68 seats compared to the center-left bloc’s 52. This means that even if Israel’s President Reuven Rivlin does not choose Netanyahu to head the next government, it will still be formed with a clear right-wing majority.

After the Blue and White party, the Hadash-Ta’al joint Arab list received 9 seats, according to the poll. The labor party follows with 8 seats; Union of Right Wing Parties at 7 seats; United Torah Judaism and left-wing Meretz party at 6; Yisrael Beiteinu at 5; Shas, Kulanu and Zehut at 4.

Gadeer Mreeh Breaks Another Glass Ceiling - Your News From Israel

Former TV news anchor Gadeer Mreeh,
likely set to become Israel’s first female Druze member of Knesset.

Tzipi Hotovely asked to lead Jewish Home party
Jewish Home party offered Dep. Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely leadership of party. Why did she reject the offer?

Since the departure of party chairman and Education Minister Naftali Bennett and Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, the Jewish Home has struggled in the polls, often failing to clear the electoral threshold.

Without a party chairman, the Jewish Home has averaged roughly three seats in recent Knesset polls – shy of the 3.25% threshold to enter the Knesset, equivalent to 3.9 seats-worth of votes.

In their search for a new leader, party activists appealed to Hotovely on multiple occasions, offering her leadership of the Jewish Home if she would leave the Likud.

Speaking with Arutz Sheva Tuesday, Hotovely said she turned down the offers, saying she believes the Likud, ultimately, is the ideal political home for the Religious Zionist community.

“A number of leading rabbis [in the Religious Zionist] community turned to me – leading yeshiva deans – and said that given the [political] crisis the Religious Zionist movement now finds itself in following the departure of Naftali Bennett and Ayelet Shaked, they want me to accept responsibility for the community which I grew up in.

“But I’ll say it now openly that I refused their offers. A decade ago, I chose the Likud. I believe that the place for Religious Zionism is within the Likud, which is a large party with also has the most traditional and religious people. The more Religious Zionist people in the Likud, I believe, the better the interests of the community will be served, like teaching [students] to love the Torah and the Land of Israel. It is a national party that identifies with these values.

“Some of the people who turned to me approached me in person, while others called me on the phone, telling me they felt that there was no leadership [in the Jewish Home], and that there needs to be a politically savvy person with Religious Zionist values, and that they respect me and see me as a representative of the [Religious Zionist] community despite my being in the Likud, and that it would be natural for me to take the reins of power [in the Jewish Home].

“Despite the very well-intentioned appeals, I made it very clear to all of them that I intend to stay in the Likud and run for a term as Education Minister with the goal of bringing about major changes in the ministry.”

881356.jpg

(photo by Natan Syndel, Flash 90)

Tzipi Hotovely asked to lead Jewish Home

The Rise of Orly Levy-Abekasis: What Does the Public Really Know?
• Not connecting, not laughing around, suspicious, skipping between supporting the coalition and supporting the opposition. • MK Orly Levy-Abekasis has set up a new party and is plotting to be the surprise of the next elections, but to many, it is a riddle: What does it promise voters, will she promote another centrist party, and will she succeed in maintaining momentum till the day of the elections? • Lady Globes analysis.

In January 2018, the Knesset plenum debated the law of supermarkets, and MK Orly Levy-Abeksis surprised the members of the Zionist camp when she used her minutes from the Knesset podium to argue with them. True, she voted against the government and the opposition, but her anger was destroyed by the chairman of the Zionist faction, MK Yoel Hasson. The background to her attack on Hasson was the non-granting of the offset to MK Yehuda Glick (Likud), who buried his wife on the same day. "Your aggressive and aggressive management and the opposition have lost a human image," she told him. This led to reactions from all the opposition benches and a quarrel ensued. Hasson shouted at her, "Decide where you are, are you there or here, and when you decide, pick up the phone." Levy-Abekis shouted back at him, "Why do I have to decide, I do not work for you, I do not want to decide, I chose to be independent"

This debate represents, perhaps more than anything else, what Levy-Abecassis has been going through since she informed Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman that she has exhausted her way in his party. In May 2016 Lieberman entered the government. She aspired to serve as Minister of Welfare, but in contrast to the promises she received, the role of the second minister went to Sofa Landver (who was appointed Absorption Minister). Levi-Abecassis, who gave an elegant, decent and social cover to Yisrael Beiteinu for seven years, was furious. She left the party, but remained a Knesset member - a position she hoped would allow her to enjoy parliamentary rights in the Knesset. After that slamming of the door, the Yisrael Beiteinu faction submitted a cold vengeance, and Levi-Abekasis was declared 'outcast'. According to the law, as long as she continues to serve as a member of the Knesset (and not resigns), she is prohibited from running for the 21st Knesset within the framework of an existing faction.

The only thing she could do since he was to submit bills and motions. In the Zionist camp they jumped on the bargain and offered to share different quotas. Levy-Abekasis is considered especially popular among the public; It comes from the political right, and represents a periphery and socialism. But in the same discussion, she kicked hard. "I do not ask you for quotas, I have quotas of my own, you learn the rules," she shouted at Hasson. "You are brutal, cruel, behaving just as disgracefully as coalition bulldozers," she told the stunned Labor people, who see their mandates dwindling. That was how she created her watershed: that no one would be left to the left.

During March, Prime Minister Netanyahu toyed with the idea of going to elections, and Levy-Abekasis decided to use her speech at the Sderot conference to announce the establishment of a party. "Everyone feels that in the midst of elections for the State of Israel, it is time for a new movement that will not polarize between the various communities, which will be devoid of vested interests of government capital," she explained at the conference. Her message has been well-publicized in the surveys since then, in which she receives support classes of 4-6 Knesset seats, beautiful numbers for a single Knesset member, who has yet to announce who will be on her list.

Her popularity has amazed many in the political arena. In March 2017, exactly a year ago, she announced that she would set up a party that would run for the next elections, and expected herself four Knesset seats. The shock was even greater in light of the fact that former Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon is unable to pass the electoral threshold, and Yisrael Beiteinu is ticking the threshold from the top with about 5 seats on Yom Tov.

The resignation of Orly Levy-Abecassis from Yisrael Beiteinu led her to a rare move - a single-party rally. As a result, not only is it the only one in the Knesset today that can do as it wishes without fear of sanctions, it seems that there is really no party that combines all the agendas it promotes. One day she might vote with the Zionist camp, the next day to publicly humiliate them and save the Likud, and in the afternoon to promote moves with Dov Khenin. Levy-Abecassis is 100% free MK, and it is fascinating to examine how she is using her mandate.

800x392.2018412T121029.jpg

Lady Globes Analysis: Rise of Orly Levy Abekasis

Last edited:

Forum List

Back