Who are some of your favorite boxers (pugilists) of all-time?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Mine are - 1) Mike Tyson - he DID go nuts later in his career, but he was THE toughest and strongest boxer I've seen, when he was in his prime. He could've and SHOULD'VE been THE best heavyweight boxer all -time. But he obviously didn't have the right frame of mind to do so. 2) Muhammad Ali - one of the most entertaining boxers I've seen, he had size AND quickness and was almost impossible to defend against. 3) George Foreman - he was a great boxer in his prime, and he was still good enough in his 40's to win belts in boxing. And of course, he'll be forever remembered for his grilling machine. He seemed (seems) like a real nice guy, very pleasant and easy to talk to. Well, these are my top 3, who are some of your favorites?

Ali: Beat Sonny Liston and Forman in fights where people were afraid for his life. Fought wars against Frazier.

Sugar Ray Leonard: Skilled boxer and entertaining as hell. Beat Hearns, Hagler and No Mas

Mike Tyson: A force to be feared. Came on a s a 19 year old and tore up the heavyweight ranks. A must see fighter

Ali: Beat Sonny Liston and Forman in fights where people were afraid for his life. Fought wars against Frazier.

Sugar Ray Leonard: Skilled boxer and entertaining as hell. Beat Hearns, Hagler and No Mas

Mike Tyson: A force to be feared. Came on a s a 19 year old and tore up the heavyweight ranks. A must see fighter
Nice picks, rw. Thanks.

Boxing hurt itself with a corrupted reputation. And having multiple belts for the same championships was not smart either. They let UFC take a big munch out of their product.

Ali. Hagler. Julio Ceasar Chavez.

Ali for being a great boxer and for standing up against the draft.
Ali was a racist draft dodger who fell for a ridiculous cult. Sucks that he contracted a horrible disease. Can't wish that on anyone.

Boxing hurt itself with a corrupted reputation. And having multiple belts for the same championships was not smart either. They let UFC take a big munch out of their product.
UFC is still small potatoes compared to boxing, even in its diminished condition. Society has become too distracted and emasculated for boxing to be as popular as it once was.

Forum List

Back