Who actually lives in Israel ?

Boston1

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2015
Colorado
How many of our posters live in Israel and how many live in what I'll lovingly call the Arab Muslim occupied areas of Israel.

I'm curious about a few things and only someone who actually lives there can really answer my questions

How many of our posters live in Israel and how many live in what I'll lovingly call the Arab Muslim occupied areas of Israel.

I'm curious about a few things and only someone who actually lives there can really answer my questions
Lipush lives in southern Israel.

Lipush lives in southern Israel.

Yep, though I recently moved to the Shfela area. It's more up-north, closer to Tel Aviv.

I miss home, though.

I live in a small fishing town on the North East coast of England, but it does not stop me from supporting the right of the Jews to a homeland and the right to defend it from attack.

There is another poster who I haven't seen here in a bit that goes by Daniyel that lives in or near Tel Aviv. I have visited Israel twice for what it's worth and I think that living and/or visiting there is a valid way to have some first hand knowledge instead of totally relying on the new media to tell us what the truth is there.

My request centers around much more mundane thoughts.

I'm starting another business, a coffee shop/bistro, and I wanted to serve some middle eastern fare, popular Israeli drinks like upside down coffee and some Egyptian or Turkish coffees, honey and treats.

Nothing to elaborate but the start up is in a very integrated area of the USA and I'll have customers from all over the world.

I'm hoping to be able to serve everyone both something familiar and something unique

In spite of what some of my detractors might think, I'm actually all about just sitting down and getting along. I want my new start up to reflect that. Our menu will be as eclectic as it can and still be kitchen friendly. We want to welcome all to our establishment and offer them a place to sit in peace while enjoying what both our own and other cultures have to offer.

Suggestions on food and drink items are welcome

Last edited:

I'm starting another business, a coffee shop/bistro, and I wanted to serve some middle eastern fare, popular Israeli drinks like upside down coffee and some Egyptian or Turkish coffees, honey and treats.

Nothing to elaborate but the start up is in a very integrated area of the USA and I'll have customers from all over the world.

I'm hoping to be able to serve everyone both something familiar and something unique

In spite of what some of my detractors might think, I'm actually all about just sitting down and getting along. I want my new start up to reflect that. Our menu will be as eclectic as it can and still be kitchen friendly. We want to welcome all to our establishment and offer them a place to sit in peace while enjoying what both our own and other cultures have to offer.

...coffee...a bistro.

Location......
Good luck !

i prefer making fresh coffee .....but if i did walk by your bistro, and this place was next door. . .

you can't beat a large Mickey D's coffee for $1.09.

Bistro's charge a fortune for just a small coffee....

what? are you thinking of opening up a cafe` in the occupied palestinian terrortories ?

I'll start with the obvious: tehina and hummus. The first you'll need to make the second one. Very easy to make and you can have a variety of toppings (mushrooms, beans, fried broccoli...). And decide whether you'll have a meat or milk kitchen. If no meat more chance for traditional Jews and Arabs to visit.

Ducks and peas for starters, a savoury pork meatball wrapped in a fat caul served with mushy peas and gravy. Or how about stargazey pie using any local fish, a fish pie where the heads are left poking out of the pastry .

Faggots 'n Peas

How to make a stargazy pie | eHow UK

I have visited numerous times and have a cousin who just passed who was in the IDF and lived in Jerusalem , I have duel citizenship , both my grandparents are buried there

Falafel is always good

Ducks and peas for starters, a savoury pork meatball wrapped in a fat caul served with mushy peas and gravy. Or how about stargazey pie using any local fish, a fish pie where the heads are left poking out of the pastry .

Faggots 'n Peas

Pork is a no-no for most Israeli Jews and Arab Muslims.

If you count summers with my grandmother in my childhood, my time at Bar-Ilan, and all my visits, I had spent about 3 years in Israel altogether.

You're opening like a small coffee-shop for breakfast and coffee?

First of all, good luck on the new business.

As far as beverages go, coffee is coffee, not much complication there, right?

If we talk about Mid-Eastern food, Some dishes are a must: Falafel, Shakshuka, Burekas and Israeli breakfast.

Shakshuka
is pretty obvious, common and easy to make. It's based on the combination of tomatoes, eggs, peppers and onions. You mix the eggs with the tomatoes, onion and pepper, find your favourite type of bread, add salad and Tehina on the side, and you got yourself a pretty delicious mid-eastern meal. There is no Israeli or Arab to be offered a good Shakshuka in the morning, and will refuse.

img_1373290724-98.jpg

Bourekas is a common 'fast-fat' food in the middle-east, but even though it's originated in Turkey, not Israel, we're considered the one to bow down to the Bourekas culture. Basically, it's dough, or puff pastry, filled with potatoes, salt cheese, mushrooms, tuna, or other crazy option, depends on the baker. Bourekas is one of the symbolic foods of Israel, besides from the Falafel. Just so you know, old Israeli movies are also titled "Bourekas films", pointing out the connection of our culture to that specific dish

Bourekas film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1587.jpg

The Israeli breaksaft is not just a breakfast, it's culture. While the American breakfast is mostly eggs, pancakes , and different type of meat (sausage, bacon, ham), the Israeli breakfast emphasices the dairy, mostly filled with different cheese samples. When asking for the Israeli breakfast in well known restaurant, you'll most likely, for the good price, of course, get served with 5-10 types of cheese, along with salads, Humus, and Tehina. Of course, the eggs and bread will be a must, but the cheese is the main ingrediant.

imag0300.jpg

Last edited:

Faggots 'n Peas

Pork?

Uhhh, fairly unlikely. If he serves them pork, No Mid-eastern fellows will come in:)

LOL OK well I wasn't planning on serving pork or beef of any type.

Actually we'e going with 100% sustainable game animal meet products. Bison of course, Elk, Venison red and white, Antelope <--- my favorite and a few others.

But we are not planing on supporting the factory farm industry in any way. Nor will we be supporting the cattle industry. There's fundamental differences in our philosophies.

Forum List

Back