Whitesplaning Racism

So the OP demonizes and denegrates an entire group of people based on their skin color. Which is the exact definition of racism.

IMO it is OK for anyone to be racist regardless of ethnicity. It's when they are sanctimonious and hypocritical that it needs to be addressed

Is a racial prejudice any worse or better than a prejudice against Jews or Muslims?

and now we get to race as a BELIEF. What if somebody treats you a certain way, yet has no beliefs in race?

So you exhibit anger and maybe hatred towards white people as a group. White people today have no responsibilities for the practice of Slavery in America. You appear to be playing 'sins of the fathers' and that is how slaughters of 'the other' have happened throughout history.

Neither I, nor I believe a few others I take seriously in this thread have or would deny the cultural and societal injustices and unfairness blacks in America have faced. I include Blacks not descended from slaves in America. For people to have a discussion on what we call 'racism' we would all need to agree to intellectually meet someplace or somewhere that is open and honest. A place where one side does not *dominate (what a great *descriptor of human interactions) the discussion as if they are the lecturer and everyone else is the student body

You waste your time and that of others, as well all do. But the delusion you suffer is that anything you argue here matters. It doesn't. With friends like you, people looking to address 'racism' need no enemies

How about we look at laws and policies whites made that denied people of color opportunities?

Okay. Has that been ignored all this time? Have some White people in America fought those injustices and sacrificed their own livelihoods or lives over those fights? Has government not tried to address it all because of societal pressures and moral obligations?

How about we look... For that killed way more and lasted way longer than what Hitler did. Even a war didn't stop that from continuing.

This kind of bullshit defeats any positive purpose. I would think you are trolling and not really a Black person looking for what ... Justice. You do know Justice is blind?

So what exactly does some kid who has been dead over half a century have to do with current events?
The fact that you have to ask this is mind-boggling, but I'll waste my time and answer you anyway...

1. It shows a history of the callous and cavalier attitudes whites(women even) have towards blacks and their lives in general
  2. It shows a history of whites (women even) lying on blacks that leads to their death

None of this has changed much since then.
"None of this has changed much?" While respect your attempt(s) at honest discussion, I fail to see any truth in that statement.

But with caveats, I agree with you that:

[*1] It shows a past history of the callous and cavalier attitudes of some whites (women even) towards blacks, and their lives in general. One need only look at protests and outrage over how some blacks have been treated to se how much things have changed, changed since slavery existed in America, or even Jim Crow laws.

[*]It shows a history of whites (women even) lying on blacks that leads to their death. And we have always had Blacks (women even) lying on Blacks leading to Blacks being incarcerated or dying.

The callousness shown by bigots towards the memory of those kids you mentioned, in no way is a reflection upon White people in American society. Bigots are a sub group in most culture and society. If YOU want to appeal to the Angels of our Better Nature, I would go out out on a limb and 'splain to you to be more introspective and intellectually honest. Or not.

I'd certainly like to understand how whites can explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too even as all we are doing is asking that the racism end. I would like it explained how whites can make claims of black racism without understanding how the way blacks have been treated and continue being treated by whites is not a contributing factor to why there might actually be blacks who don't like whites. i'd like it explained to me how whites here in particular, keep telling us how such racism is a thing of the past when we see it happen all the time now. How whites can ignore 200 years of preferential treatment by written law to pretend how they have never been preferred or protected. Why can whites ignore laws and policies made on purpose to deny opportunity and wealth for blacks then claim that blacks don't want to work and that poverty is the fault of blacks. I'd like it explained to me how whites organized and made crime corporate controlling the guns and drugs but blame blacks for criminality. I'd like it explained to me how whites have slaughtered millions yet blacks are blamed for being the most violent killers in this country. Let's start with these things.
POWERFUL!!!

How often? and By who?

I've seen that type of tactic (the one you mention) used before, both purposefully and in ignorance. But it appears to me, and correct me if I am in error, that you have an agenda that claims a moral high ground, but is mostly arguments based on generalizations
Why not start by answering those questions he asked?

Is a racial prejudice any worse or better than a prejudice against Jews or Muslims?

and now we get to race as a BELIEF. What if somebody treats you a certain way, yet has no beliefs in race?

So you exhibit anger and maybe hatred towards white people as a group. White people today have no responsibilities for the practice of Slavery in America. You appear to be playing 'sins of the fathers' and that is how slaughters of 'the other' have happened throughout history.

Neither I, nor I believe a few others I take seriously in this thread have or would deny the cultural and societal injustices and unfairness blacks in America have faced. I include Blacks not descended from slaves in America. For people to have a discussion on what we call 'racism' we would all need to agree to intellectually meet someplace or somewhere that is open and honest. A place where one side does not *dominate (what a great *descriptor of human interactions) the discussion as if they are the lecturer and everyone else is the student body

You waste your time and that of others, as well all do. But the delusion you suffer is that anything you argue here matters. It doesn't. With friends like you, people looking to address 'racism' need no enemies

Actually I exhibit anger towards whites who are racists. All whites are not racists.

I have no delusions about talking on a internet discussion forum. But if you want an honest discussion then you need to drop the excuses about slavery and the sins of the fathers excuses. Slavery did not exist in 1992 when I filed a class action suit for racial discrimination against a US Company. It did not exist in1997 when we stood up to a city council fighting racial discrimination in funding. The same for fighting city council policies in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007. Right now I'm om a bi racial committee upon request to wok on a ending police harassment of blacks in this town. I've been pretty successful at getting racist policies changed, how about you?

Your opinion is all you got, and your opinion says that my argument is about slavery. You are in error. Slavery was made illegal. But the resulting 100 years after slavery did exist and the damages caused by those laws and policies we all live with today and whites benefitted from them.

How often? and By who?

I've seen that type of tactic (the one you mention) used before, both purposefully and in ignorance. But it appears to me, and correct me if I am in error, that you have an agenda that claims a moral high ground, but is mostly arguments based on generalizations

He can't just like the rest of them can't.

"None of this has changed much?" While respect your attempt(s) at honest discussion, I fail to see any truth in that statement.

But with caveats, I agree with you that:

[*1] It shows a past history of the callous and cavalier attitudes of some whites (women even) towards blacks, and their lives in general. One need only look at protests and outrage over how some blacks have been treated to se how much things have changed, changed since slavery existed in America, or even Jim Crow laws.

[*]It shows a history of whites (women even) lying on blacks that leads to their death. And we have always had Blacks (women even) lying on Blacks leading to Blacks being incarcerated or dying.

The callousness shown by bigots towards the memory of those kids you mentioned, in no way is a reflection upon White people in American society. Bigots are a sub group in most culture and society. If YOU want to appeal to the Angels of our Better Nature, I would go out out on a limb and 'splain to you to be more introspective and intellectually honest. Or not.
Yes, it hasn't changed much.

Right now we have video footage of white women calling cops on blacks for...
  1. Sleeping in the general reading area of their dormitory
  2. Cooking outside
  3. Moving into their apartments
  4. Moving out of an AirBnB home

And these are RECENT, as in the last month or so. All that had the cops called, some of which ended in either arrest or some sort of action against them.

For what!?!? Because these white women felt uncomfortable...somehow.

Their uncomfort = violence to these blacks. Where absolutely NO crime was taken place.

This is what we have on VIDEO, mind you. Imagine how many times this goes on undocumented by video.

Clearly you don't have a problem with that, which colors your perspective, and hence your opinions. Or, at worse case, you're simply a dishonest broker.

So if anything, it seems the only dishonest person here is you.

How about we look... For that killed way more and lasted way longer than what Hitler did. Even a war didn't stop that from continuing.

This kind of bullshit defeats any positive purpose. I would think you are trolling and not really a Black person looking for what ... Justice. You do know Justice is blind?

No it doesn't.

How often? and By who?

Why would I? His questions were about as ignorant as it can get

How about we look at laws and policies whites made that denied people of color opportunities?

Okay. Has that been ignored all this time? Have some White people in America fought those injustices and sacrificed their own livelihoods or lives over those fights? Has government not tried to address it all because of societal pressures and moral obligations?

Whites enacted laws and policies to deny people of color that did not have to be implemented. It's just that simple.

Actually I exhibit anger towards whites who are racists. All whites are not racists.

I have no delusions about talking on a internet discussion forum. But if you want an honest discussion then you need to drop the excuses about slavery and the sins of the fathers excuses. Slavery did not exist in 1992 when I filed a class action suit for racial discrimination against a US Company. It did not exist in 1997 when we stood up to a city council fighting racial discrimination in funding. The same for fighting city council policies in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007. Right now I'm om a bi racial committee upon request to wok on a ending police harassment of blacks in this town. I've been pretty successful at getting racist policies changed, how about you?

Your opinion is all you got, and your opinion says that my argument is about slavery. You are in error. Slavery was made illegal. But the resulting 100 years after slavery did exist and the damages caused by those laws and policies we all live with today and whites benefitted from them.
"the excuses about slavery and the sins of the fathers excuses?"

first, for a troll like you to suggest I excuse the slavery that existed in the USA is par for the course here so far.

second, the 'sins of the fathers' is something Demagogues, and Despots, and Tyrants have historically used to set people on one another.

To be fair and credible one would need to address the issues of today, while recognizing the past and not trying to hitch the past onto the people living today. People alive today have no influence over what happened in the past. No one can change the past, not even a Demagogue, a Despot, or a Tyrant. If one wants to address the historical and the current, one must be very clear about things

How about me? It's not about me, even if I am White.

So, "the resulting 100 years after slavery did exist and the damages caused by those laws and policies we all live with today and whites benefitted{sic} from them." -Yes, some Whites benefited.

How often? and By who?

No they weren't. You know that if you answer them your argument is dead on arrival.

IMO it is OK for anyone to be racist regardless of ethnicity. It's when they are sanctimonious and hypocritical that it needs to be addressed
This poster has yet again outed himself.

The bolded indicates that what's really happening here is that the subject is giving HIMSELF permission and excuse to be racist, but projecting a "well everyone is racist, so it's OK if I am too" attitude.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Now I know there's no reason within you, so I'm glad you alerted me to wasting my time in the future.

How are you calling the FACTS he listed in his questions to you, "ignorant?"

Surprise me and actually respond with some sense for once.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I have no delusions about talking on a internet discussion forum. But if you want an honest discussion then you need to drop the excuses about slavery and the sins of the fathers excuses. Slavery did not exist in 1992 when I filed a class action suit for racial discrimination against a US Company. It did not exist in 1997 when we stood up to a city council fighting racial discrimination in funding. The same for fighting city council policies in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007. Right now I'm om a bi racial committee upon request to wok on a ending police harassment of blacks in this town. I've been pretty successful at getting racist policies changed, how about you?

"the excuses about slavery and the sins of the fathers excuses?"

first, for a troll like you to suggest I excuse the slavery that existed in the USA is par for the course here so far.

second, the 'sins of the fathers' is something Demagogues, and Despots, and Tyrants have historically used to set people on one another.

To be fair and credible one would need to address the issues of today, while recognizing the past and not trying to hitch the past onto the people living today. People alive today have no influence over what happened in the past. No one can change the past, not even a Demagogue, a Despot, or a Tyrant. If one wants to address the historical and the current, one must be very clear about things

How about me? It's not about me, even if I am White.

So, "the resulting 100 years after slavery did exist and the damages caused by those laws and policies we all live with today and whites benefitted{sic} from them." -Yes, some Whites benefited.

I am the OP. You are the one trolling All whites benefitted from the laws and policies enacted during the 100 years after slavery. And yes you use the sins if the fathers as an excuse. You have been asked to explain laws and policies, you haven't because you can't, When you can let me know because I've been in enough of these dead end "debates" with dumb ass whites who repeat the same bullshit excuses.

So the OP demonizes and denegrates an entire group of people based on their skin color. Which is the exact definition of racism.

Except I haven't done that.

Forum List

Back