Whites haven't got substantially less racist since MLK

"In short, a large number of white Americans have become comfortable with as much racial inequality and segregation as a putatively nondiscriminatory polity and free market economy can produce. Hence, the reproduction and, on some dimensions, the worsening of racial inequalities. These circumstances are rendered culturally palatable by the new ideology of Laissez Faire Racism."

-
Lawrence Bobo, James R. Kluegel, Ryan A. Smith - LAISSEZ FAIRE RACISM: The Crystallization of a 'Kinder, Gentler' Anti-Black Ideology

“Laissez-Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America's racist social conditions and institutions.”

We see this in here every single day.

Another wrong opinion. Try not bringing up King.

We read the racist garbage you guys post then you try declaring how you aren't racists. The OP is right.
I never brought him up the op brought him up. I guess not having a clue makes it hard to read

Seems to me when you get to know black people you like them.
You may do that but look at the others. Lisa has consistently posted racist garbage then tries to claim blacks are racist mainly because we are calling out racism. So is almost every other white person in this thread, excluding you.

Studies? Like this one?
"

Poll Finds Black Americans More Likely to Be Seen as Racist"​

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/w...ck-americans-more-likely-to-be-seen-as-racist
Try finding something that's not a rassmusseen poll that was answered by mostly whites.

With all due respect (I am not being sarcastic), Asian Americans, Caucasian Americans, and Hispanic Americans would have a more accepting attitude toward ethnicity X if their violent crime rate were not so disproportionate.

I never brought him up the op brought him up. I guess not having a clue makes it hard to read
Except you did mention King and what you said was incorrect about the OP and King.

With all due respect (I am not being sarcastic), Asian Americans, Caucasian Americans, and Hispanic Americans would have a more accepting attitude toward ethnicity X if their violent crime rate were not so disproportionate.
Your racism precedes you. Whites commit more violent crime than anyone else and it's time you quit excusing your problem by multiplying fractions by 100,000 so you can lie to yourselves.

Except you did mention King and what you said was incorrect about the OP and King.
Yes after he was brought up by the op. And it was only wrong in your opinion which we both know is not based in reality

Yes after he was brought up by the op. And it was only wrong in your opinion which we both know is not based in reality
What I say about King IS based in reality. And you were wrong about the OP and King.

Are you talking about King, as in MLK the rapist?
King didn't rape anyone. Rape was against the law then, and at some point in the 54 years since he died, a woman would have stepped up to say so.

They've just gotten much better at hiding it.

There's no Scientific evidence that you can put your finger on that says otherwise.

I think it’s more nuanced than your OP but I get it. We are not living in a race blind America and the lasting effects of racism is still a tremendous headwind for Black Americans. I would disagree no progress has been made but I get the frustration. A famous dude gave a speech about having a dream and admonished the “tranquillizing drug of gradualism”. We are now 60 years later still taking baby steps of gradualism.

Pretty dumb argument to say that someone is racist because they are acknowledging the existence of racism. That's like saying MLK or Ben Shapiro are racist. You some kind of retard?
You do more than acknowledge the existence, you lie and falsely accuse others of being racist, you hate white people because they are white and you have already made your opinions known about white people, which is why you are called racist.

Forum List

Back