White House Vigilante: Dianetics(?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Why are comic book characters (e.g., Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Iceman, etc.) so popular in the modern age? Perhaps our modern world's fascination with synthetics and enhancements makes presentations of embellished humans quite symbolic (e.g., The Bionic Woman).

America has glorified stories of both valiant 'super-human' crime-fighters (e.g., Eliot Ness, Pat Garrett, Wyatt Earp) and romanticized/sentimentalized 'extra-human' outlaws (e.g., Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, Lucky Luciano). The folk-tales surrounding these legendary individuals highlight America's special fascination with civics and free-speech dialogue regarding the 'negotiation of justice.'

Since America is so 'democratic' in 'flavour,' we can see why vigilantism-daydream oriented comic book 'superhumans' such as Iron Man (Marvel Comics) and Two-Face (DC Comics) represent a modern social curiosity about the 'negotiation' of etiquette, customs, morality, and even lifestyle.

So the question is, "Is Donald Trump a comic book oriented character?"

Should 'TrumpUSA' generate liberal 'folk-heroism' storytelling?

eagle.jpg

====

Eric was a big fan of 'TrumpUSA,' but when he heard U.S. President Donald Trump's incendiary and controversial comment in the press, "The struggling half of the middle-class have not 'earned' federal empathy," he began questioning if Trump was going to be just like Reagan --- out of touch with pedestrian concerns. Eric was a passionate follower of politics and as such really appreciated civilian/citizenry meditation films such as Taxi Driver, My Fellow Americans, and Citizen Kane. Eric was also a huge fan of politics-conscious American comic book superheroes such as Batman, Green Lantern, and Captain America. Eric was a journalist working at the New York Post after graduating from Carnegie Mellon.

Eric wondered if he should continue supporting TrumpUSA while professing to love civics and justice romance/idealism comic book stories about Captain America(!). Eric was haunted by President Trump's seemingly 'disattached' statement regarding empathy towards the struggling labor-class in America. One day, Eric snapped and something inside him started changing. Eric decided he would become...Captain America! True, Eric understood that Captain America (Marvel Comics) was purely fictional, but he was suddenly entranced by the notion that an engaged American citizen could radically embrace democratic idealism.

Eric was now a self-proclaimed 'vigilante.' He wandered around the city streets at night in his Captain America costume (in the very late late hours), looking for miscreants and signs of organized crime and/or corruption. Eric (aka, 'Captain America') realized that as a vigilante, he could be more passionately involved with the needs and concerns of overlooked, under-represented, and under-values sectors of American society (such as the struggling half of the middle-class). 'Captain America' (Eric) would sometimes follow middle-class women walking home from work late at night, seeing if they got home safely.

Captain America (Eric) was the nation's new 'secret-angel,' more idealistic than James Bond and more fantasy-oriented than even Wyatt Earp. Captain America decided to visit the White House and talk to President Trump personally. At first the White House guards did not know what to make of an apparent madman dressed in a vigilante comic book costume (since it wasn't even close to Halloween!), but they allowed him to meet with President Trump when the idealistic 'crusader' stated, "I'm only here to inspire the American President to think about how everyday citizens are passionately interested in under-represented issues/concerns, so I only need a brief amount of time to interview him (and not on camera!)."

TRUMP: What concerns you, young man?
CAPTAIN AMERICA (Eric): Thanks for agreeing to talk to me.
TRUMP: Well, you're not a terrorist or some idiot-salesman.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Your guards recognized I only wanted a small chat.
TRUMP: I think they were impressed with your 'patriotic' costume.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: It's an honor speaking with you in the White House.
TRUMP: Relax, my guards are here to ensure our privacy/safety.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I was concerned about your statement about the middle-class.
TRUMP: You're referring to empathy towards the struggling half of the middle-class?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Yes, that's it! Did you mean what you said?
TRUMP: Why does that worry you? Do you think I'll generate another Reaganomics?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I worry that top-down politics does not reach the hearts of people!
TRUMP: I wouldn't be too concerned about single press-statements; think about more.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I understand politicians work with a 'body' of issues, but I need proof.
TRUMP: You need proof that the American President cares about working-women?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Exactly.
TRUMP: Alright, young man, how about we take a picture together for the newspapers.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: So journalists can say, "Trump cares about the fears of meek people!"?
TRUMP: Exactly.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I like that; I'm no Wall Street tycoon, so my costume will fit the bill.
TRUMP: I won't exploit you, Eric; I'm impressed by your general democratic youthfulness.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I hope Hollywood makes a movie about me, Mr. President(!).

====

{Eric}

u1.jpg

Forum List

Back