Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
First - let's look at some photos.
Fun, huh?

Then there's this ...

easter_eggs.jpg

The Latest Test for the White House? Pulling Off Its Easter Egg Roll

WASHINGTON — President Trump received an urgent warning in February, informing him of a crucial date he was about to miss.

“FYI manufacturing deadlines for the Easter eggs are near,” said a Twitter post directed at Mr. Trump; the first lady, Melania Trump; and the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump. “Please reach out!”

@FLOTUS @realDonaldTrump @POTUS @MELANIATRUMP @IvankaTrump FYI manufacturing deadlines for the Easter eggs are near. Please reach out! pic.twitter.com/D78YqWVPBi

— Wells Wood Turning (@WellsTurning) February 20, 2017

...White House Easter Egg Roll, the 138-year-old celebration that has drawn 35,000 people to the South Lawn in recent years.

Could this White House, plagued by slow hiring and lacking an on-site first lady, manage to pull off the largest, most elaborate and most heavily scrutinized public event of the year?“It’s the single most high-profile event that takes place at the White House each year, and the White House and the first lady are judged on how well they put it on,”

Stephanie Grisham, who started as Mrs. Trump’s communications director on Monday, had previously denied that the event was being scaled back from past years. But she acknowledged on Tuesday that attendance this year would be “a bit less,” based on feedback from former officials who had said “the event had become so large that many children were not able to enjoy the planned activities.”

“Our team has been working very hard to make this year’s event a success,” Ms. Grisham said. “I am confident that the success of this year’s Easter Egg Roll will speak for itself.”

The evidence points to a quickly thrown-together affair that people close to the planning said would probably draw about 20,000 people — substantially smaller than last year’s Easter Egg Roll, which drew 37,000. It will be staffed by 500 volunteers, Ms. Grisham said, half the usual.

The White House has ordered 40,000 of the commemorative eggs — about half of the roughly 85,000 ordered in 2016 — with 18,000 to be given away at the Easter Egg Roll and another 22,000 available for sale...

Washington-area public schools that normally receive blocks of tickets for as many as 4,000 children have yet to hear from the White House, according to representatives for school systems in the District of Columbia; Arlington, Va.; and Alexandria, Va. Several groups representing military families, who have accounted for as many as 3,000 guests in recent years, also said they had yet to be contacted.

“I’ve had quite a few families from across the country reach out and say: ‘Hey, are we getting tickets? Our family wants to drive in for the event,’” said Ashley Broadway-Mack, the president of the American Military Partner Association, which represents the families of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender service members and has received tickets for five to 10 of them for each of the last several years. “Unfortunately, the Trump administration has not reached out about it.”

But Ms. Grisham said on Tuesday that tickets had been set aside for schools, children’s hospitals and military families. She could not say how many.

The Easter Egg Roll has been crowded in past years with cast members from “Sesame Street,” but this year, there will be a lone emissary.

“PBS asked us to participate with them, and we agreed to provide a ‘Sesame Street’ character,” said Elizabeth Weinreb Fishman

Members of Congress have not received word from the White House...

Nor have the organizers of the Yoga Garden featured on the South Lawn during Obama-era Easter Egg Rolls been asked to share their asanas.

“No one has reached out to me about the 2017 event,” said Leah Cullis, the yogi who coordinated the Yoga Garden for all eight of the Obamas’ Easter Egg Rolls.

Mrs. Trump, who lives in New York and has had a limited presence in Washington since her husband was sworn in, has been slow to hire a staff for the East Wing, which typically takes the lead on the Easter Egg Roll.

“You don’t understand what a beast this thing is to plan until you go and plan your first one,” said Ellie Schafer, who organized Easter Egg Rolls for the Obamas as the director of the White House Visitors Office from 2009 to 2016.

Of all the things the trump klan should know a thing or two about (besides stealing), is putting together a party. And yet, just as with everything else, they are clueless about this.

Look at the groups who have been snubbed - school kids, hospital patients, military, vets, congress and even Sesame Street characters. That last is fitting though since drumpf has said he wants to stop educating kids and use the money for something better, like his weekly vacations.

Once again, the A-listers are snubbing the drumpfs. In the past, names like Justin Beiber have been there. Personally, I doubt I would recognize his singing but the kids love him and this really is for the children, right?

Okay, so where is first lady Ivanka? Surely she has planned parties and has a clue about assigning duties to staffers?

=====

Perspective | How Trump turned a White House Easter Egg Roll devotee into a political activist

One consistent attendee of the Easter Egg Roll who’s skipping the event this year is Natalie Rebetsky, a Maryland high school educator who’s become a staple at the annual party. The Washington Post reports Rebetsky has attended nearly two dozen Egg Rolls, regardess of which party was in the White House.

“I didn’t care who was president when I went on the White House lawn. You just always knew the person in the White House is looking out for us and our children,” Rebetsky told the Post. “I just don’t feel that with this administration. Donald Trump has broken that trust with families and children.”

Instead, she bought 1,000 eggs from Wells Wood Turning (she got her order in before the White House) decorated with the message “Protect Our Children’s Future 2017,” meant to push back against Trump’s anti-family agenda. Rebetsky is selling the wooden “alt-eggs” for $15 via her GoFundMe page. One hundred percent of the profits will go to PBS and the National Endowment for the Arts.

“It’s really hard for all of us to jump out of our armchairs and be activists,” Rebetsky told the Post. “I can’t stand to imagine a world where there is no federal support of the arts. It’s a first for me to put myself out on this issue.”

Click here to support Protect Our Children Easter Egg organized by Natalie Rebetsky

18568076_1491012391.0433.jpg

Fun, huh?

Then there's this ...

easter_eggs.jpg

WASHINGTON — President Trump received an urgent warning in February, informing him of a crucial date he was about to miss.

“FYI manufacturing deadlines for the Easter eggs are near,” said a Twitter post directed at Mr. Trump; the first lady, Melania Trump; and the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump. “Please reach out!”

@FLOTUS @realDonaldTrump @POTUS @MELANIATRUMP @IvankaTrump FYI manufacturing deadlines for the Easter eggs are near. Please reach out! pic.twitter.com/D78YqWVPBi

...White House Easter Egg Roll, the 138-year-old celebration that has drawn 35,000 people to the South Lawn in recent years.

Could this White House, plagued by slow hiring and lacking an on-site first lady, manage to pull off the largest, most elaborate and most heavily scrutinized public event of the year?“It’s the single most high-profile event that takes place at the White House each year, and the White House and the first lady are judged on how well they put it on,”

Stephanie Grisham, who started as Mrs. Trump’s communications director on Monday, had previously denied that the event was being scaled back from past years. But she acknowledged on Tuesday that attendance this year would be “a bit less,” based on feedback from former officials who had said “the event had become so large that many children were not able to enjoy the planned activities.”

“Our team has been working very hard to make this year’s event a success,” Ms. Grisham said. “I am confident that the success of this year’s Easter Egg Roll will speak for itself.”

The evidence points to a quickly thrown-together affair that people close to the planning said would probably draw about 20,000 people — substantially smaller than last year’s Easter Egg Roll, which drew 37,000. It will be staffed by 500 volunteers, Ms. Grisham said, half the usual.

The White House has ordered 40,000 of the commemorative eggs — about half of the roughly 85,000 ordered in 2016 — with 18,000 to be given away at the Easter Egg Roll and another 22,000 available for sale...

Washington-area public schools that normally receive blocks of tickets for as many as 4,000 children have yet to hear from the White House, according to representatives for school systems in the District of Columbia; Arlington, Va.; and Alexandria, Va. Several groups representing military families, who have accounted for as many as 3,000 guests in recent years, also said they had yet to be contacted.

“I’ve had quite a few families from across the country reach out and say: ‘Hey, are we getting tickets? Our family wants to drive in for the event,’” said Ashley Broadway-Mack, the president of the American Military Partner Association, which represents the families of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender service members and has received tickets for five to 10 of them for each of the last several years. “Unfortunately, the Trump administration has not reached out about it.”

But Ms. Grisham said on Tuesday that tickets had been set aside for schools, children’s hospitals and military families. She could not say how many.

The Easter Egg Roll has been crowded in past years with cast members from “Sesame Street,” but this year, there will be a lone emissary.

“PBS asked us to participate with them, and we agreed to provide a ‘Sesame Street’ character,” said Elizabeth Weinreb Fishman

Nor have the organizers of the Yoga Garden featured on the South Lawn during Obama-era Easter Egg Rolls been asked to share their asanas.

“No one has reached out to me about the 2017 event,” said Leah Cullis, the yogi who coordinated the Yoga Garden for all eight of the Obamas’ Easter Egg Rolls.

Mrs. Trump, who lives in New York and has had a limited presence in Washington since her husband was sworn in, has been slow to hire a staff for the East Wing, which typically takes the lead on the Easter Egg Roll.

“You don’t understand what a beast this thing is to plan until you go and plan your first one,” said Ellie Schafer, who organized Easter Egg Rolls for the Obamas as the director of the White House Visitors Office from 2009 to 2016.

Of all the things the trump klan should know a thing or two about (besides stealing), is putting together a party. And yet, just as with everything else, they are clueless about this.

Look at the groups who have been snubbed - school kids, hospital patients, military, vets, congress and even Sesame Street characters. That last is fitting though since drumpf has said he wants to stop educating kids and use the money for something better, like his weekly vacations.

Once again, the A-listers are snubbing the drumpfs. In the past, names like Justin Beiber have been there. Personally, I doubt I would recognize his singing but the kids love him and this really is for the children, right?

Okay, so where is first lady Ivanka? Surely she has planned parties and has a clue about assigning duties to staffers?

=====

Perspective | How Trump turned a White House Easter Egg Roll devotee into a political activist

One consistent attendee of the Easter Egg Roll who’s skipping the event this year is Natalie Rebetsky, a Maryland high school educator who’s become a staple at the annual party. The Washington Post reports Rebetsky has attended nearly two dozen Egg Rolls, regardess of which party was in the White House.

“I didn’t care who was president when I went on the White House lawn. You just always knew the person in the White House is looking out for us and our children,” Rebetsky told the Post. “I just don’t feel that with this administration. Donald Trump has broken that trust with families and children.”

Instead, she bought 1,000 eggs from Wells Wood Turning (she got her order in before the White House) decorated with the message “Protect Our Children’s Future 2017,” meant to push back against Trump’s anti-family agenda. Rebetsky is selling the wooden “alt-eggs” for $15 via her GoFundMe page. One hundred percent of the profits will go to PBS and the National Endowment for the Arts.

“It’s really hard for all of us to jump out of our armchairs and be activists,” Rebetsky told the Post. “I can’t stand to imagine a world where there is no federal support of the arts. It’s a first for me to put myself out on this issue.”

Click here to support Protect Our Children Easter Egg organized by Natalie Rebetsky

35k kids!? Fuck that. Its bad enough here with 500 little heathens running around....gah!

They dare call it an EASTER Egg Roll?

C'mon, liberals, where's your pet ACLU? This cries out for a lawsuit.

Been doing it for almost 140 years but now you think it should be stopped because drumpf isn't a christian.

This is just more of the Apprentice Meets Amateur Hour. If even one of these frauds had a tiny bit of respect for the office or the country, my bet is they would not be snubbing thousands of children, military, congress, hospitals and on and on and on.

Seriously, isn't there even ONE thing they do right? Does everything have to an insult to the people of the US?

Will any of the drumpf con artists even bother to show up? he can't be bothered to attend the correspondents dinner or throw out that first baseball - And drumpf SAID he was the best baseball player of all time or whatever that lie was.

(Yes, I know the real reason he's a no show is he's chicken shit coward, has to play golf, is chicken shit coward, has to go on vacation, is chicken shit coward, has to bankrupt local businesses AND he's a chicken shit coward and knows he will be laughed at.)

This year, it will be more like this ....................

16105552_10208577598814181_5338534162146228933_n.jpg

You clowns don't have anything else to worry about, do you?

Fun, huh?

Then there's this ...

easter_eggs.jpg

=====

35k kids!? Fuck that. Its bad enough here with 500 little heathens running around....gah!

Odious - 138 years of presidents have had no problem at all handling this event.

This "president" fails at everything so of course, he's failed at this as well.

What YOU feel about putting on an event is not germane to the conversation.

Fun, huh?

Then there's this ...

easter_eggs.jpg

=====

Odious - 138 years of presidents have had no problem at all handling this event.

Trump has not failed at anything. His 2 terms have just begun.

Wow.

138 years of this much loved WH tradition, drumpf screws it up and sure nuff, its suddenly unimportant.

The reason?

You didn't like the link to the photos.

If I had said fetuses were ignored, you would screeching your head off. But its only children, vets, military, schools, hospitals and on and on. That's trumpkin hypocrites for you.

LOL

:itsok:

Wow.

138 years of this much loved WH tradition, drumpf screws it up and sure nuff, its suddenly unimportant.

The reason?

You didn't like the link to the photos.

If I had said fetuses were ignored, you would screeching your head off. But its only children, vets, military, schools, hospitals and on and on. That's trumpkin hypocrites for you.

LOL

:itsok:
He hasn't screwed anything up, but if it's an American tradition, what do you care? Your kind hates America.

Fun, huh?

Then there's this ...

easter_eggs.jpg

=====

I say it is and he can't FAIL at something that hasn't happened yet.

Forum List

Back