White House Aides Wrestle With Trump's Race Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a strong feeling of unease among some White House officials, including economic adviser Gary Cohn.

White House aides are wrestling with how to respond to President Donald Trump’s defiant news conference on Tuesday in which he doubled down on his statement that “both sides” are to blame for the Charlottesville violence and offered what some perceived to be overtures to white supremacists.

No aides had yet threatened to resign as of Wednesday morning, according to White House officials and advisers, but a number of White House staffers had private conversations on Tuesday night about how terribly the day went.

White House aides wrestle with Trump’s race comments

Antifa are fascists disguised as social warriors, and the OP Is a racist calling others racist.

Cute, but you needs some serious meds son.

Maybe this will shine some much needed light on this subject:

But Trump never said that the white supremacists and neo-Nazis were “very fine people.” He said that there two different types of people protesting the taking down of the Robert E. Lee statue – the racists (“some very bad people in that group”), and people who thought that for the sake of history it was important not to take down the statue.

Here is Trump’s own explanation from his press conference.

Trump: “And you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

“OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

Reporter: “You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? (inaudible) understand what you're saying.”

Trump: “No, no. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people – neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

“But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know – I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit.”

President Trump made it very clear that his comment did not pertain to “neo-Nazis and the white nationalists.” When a reporter misinterpreted his very clear statement, Trump again made it clear that the bad people were the “neo-Nazis, white nationalists.”

How much clearer could the president be?

The press continually misreports Trump’s statements.

The media couldn't be more blatant in distorting Trump's words on Charlottesville

Even the White House was caught off guard on how unhinged trump became during yesterday's press conference.
They script everything for him and keep their fingers crossed he won't go ballistic on them.
But he knows no other way than to suck all the oxygen out of the room with his insecurities and developing dementia.

Maybe this will shine some much needed light on this subject:

But Trump never said that the white supremacists and neo-Nazis were “very fine people.” He said that there two different types of people protesting the taking down of the Robert E. Lee statue – the racists (“some very bad people in that group”), and people who thought that for the sake of history it was important not to take down the statue.

Here is Trump’s own explanation from his press conference.

Trump: “And you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists.

“OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

Reporter: “You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? (inaudible) understand what you're saying.”

Trump: “No, no. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people – neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

“But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know – I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit.”

President Trump made it very clear that his comment did not pertain to “neo-Nazis and the white nationalists.” When a reporter misinterpreted his very clear statement, Trump again made it clear that the bad people were the “neo-Nazis, white nationalists.”

How much clearer could the president be?

The press continually misreports Trump’s statements.

The media couldn't be more blatant in distorting Trump's words on Charlottesville
Trump's defense of a neo-Nazi rally crossed a line for many Republicans. What will they do about it?

Donald Trump under fire after failing to denounce Virginia white supremacists

The Republicans in the LA Times article are responding to the distorted main stream media version of what Trump said, not his actual words, which are quoted from the press conference in the article I quoted from The Hill.

The Republicans in the LA Times article are responding to the distorted main stream media version of what Trump said, not his actual words, which are quoted from the press conference in the article I quoted from The Hill.
Yeah the people in the WH don't know what prez said. They were listening with their own ears. Get the fuck out of here.

There is a strong feeling of unease among some White House officials, including economic adviser Gary Cohn.

White House aides are wrestling with how to respond to President Donald Trump’s defiant news conference on Tuesday in which he doubled down on his statement that “both sides” are to blame for the Charlottesville violence and offered what some perceived to be overtures to white supremacists.

No aides had yet threatened to resign as of Wednesday morning, according to White House officials and advisers, but a number of White House staffers had private conversations on Tuesday night about how terribly the day went.

Trump said much worse during the campaign & they all jumped aboard the Trump train. This is nothing for them.
You're actually right. He revealed himself to be the lowest form of vermin on earth but they still looked the other way.
And of course.. the emails.
Oh yeah, Trump's cabinet clearly looked the other way on his 2016 lie about former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke.

“Honestly, I don’t know David Duke,” Trump told Tapper. “I don’t believe I have ever met him. I’m pretty sure I didn’t meet him. And I just don’t know anything about him.”

The record proves Trump lied again! Trump knew Louisiana House of Representatives member David Duke got 55% of the white vote when he ran for governor of Louisiana.

That was after Birther Trump!

Last edited:

Antifa showed up to violently attack protesters who had a permit to organize. Of course they are at fault. This is very simple, even if your bigotry prevents you from seeing it.

You don't have any problem with the harad left preventing freedom of speech, in fact to you these Nazis expressing their right to their free speech is of a bigger caliber crime.

‘Nazis must be confronted’: World leaders accuse Trump of ‘glossing over’ racist violence
DHWD_9NXYAAsah1.jpg:large

Last edited:

Antifa showed up to violently attack protesters who had a permit to organize. Of course they are at fault. This is very simple, even if your bigotry prevents you from seeing it.

You don't have any problem with the harad left preventing freedom of speech, in fact to you these Nazis expressing their right to their free speech is of a bigger caliber crime.
You keep lying about this. Why?
An eye witness account proves you've been believing the lies your media has fed you..
What the “Alt-Left” Trump Despises Was Actually Doing in Charlottesville Last Weekend

An eye witness account proves you've been believing the lies your media has fed you..
What the “Alt-Left” Trump Despises Was Actually Doing in Charlottesville Last Weekend

You will believe anything, even that Antifa is peaceful contrary to the hours and hours of video footage. What a moron.

Yeah the people in the WH don't know what prez said. They were listening with their own ears. Get the fuck out of here.

OK, Reasonable, here is the entire press conference transcript at CNBC. It says the same thing as the article I linked before. You can read the whole thing directly from a news source that you likely approve, if you are interested in facts.

Read the transcript of Donald Trump's jaw-dropping press conference

It shows what some of the alt-left were doing.

Here is a somewhat balanced view of the whole picture.

Who was responsible for the violence in Charlottesville? Here's what witnesses say

As I said in a different thread a few days ago, Nazis, BLM, Antifa, all trash.

Last edited:
[
And yet it didn't say what you think it did.
So... how was your Klan meeting tonight?
Did they serve human flesh as a snack?

Piss on the Klan, ISIS boi.

You're just a fucking liar. Trump condemned the filthy Nazis, openly and plainly - he ALSO condemned you vile terrorists, and rightly so.
In case you haven't heard he called the nazis " very fine people." Did you blush when he directly referred to you?

How come you put "very fine people" in quotes but not NAZI? We both know the answer huh? Context sucks.

Got a link to where he said NAZI (not in quotes) "are very fine people" (in quotes)?

You are correct....he never said any such thing.

LOL...Trumps apology was like "Nazi's are bad but so are other people. Who knows who caused the violence? Just because Nazi's came with helmets, gloves and shields doesnt make them bad people. It could've been a 400 pound guy in NJ in his bedroom. There are bad people everywhere yanno? But also good people too. But none of it bad or good. If we were friends with Nazis wouldnt that be a good thing? The media stinks, lets all love each other. Except all the people I attack daily. Thank you"
Yeah, Tuesday's statement pretty much went like that. LOL
He should have shut up on Monday. But he's not wrong to chew out everyone who brought violence to the streets. Thing is, the haters started it just by being there and being them. I can't agree with the Moral Warriors, though, who justify violence in the streets just because they hate the haters. I hate the haters too but I don't feel it gives me the right to actually start swinging a bat at them. Antifa is being blamed as the primary problem, I think, as has been the case in other leftist counter-protests. I think they are encouraging violence among others who might not have otherwise. But the Right is coloring all leftists as violent when it is far from the case. The counter-protesters who advocate violence are wrong, too. It's a mess. I hope this weekend isn't a total cluster fuck.

They're not wrestling with anything other than how this might splatter onto them. Ya don't "wrestle" with shit like this, you do what the CEOs did or you don't. This is more of that american version of "courage" and fweedumb.

The problem with you fascist fucks is that you're all filthy liars;

"Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs. Including the KKK, nao-nazis, and white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," he said. "We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our creator. We are equal under the law, and we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America." - Donald Trump

Did you see that, scumbag? What is in the quotes, you lying pile of shit? What did Trump say, you putrid pile of puss? Do you need help understanding it, you fucking disgrace to the human species?
Trump whores are so funny. Imagine still supporting this nazi sympathizer president.

You are a fucking liar.

Despite strong and plain words, you BLATANTLY fucking lie. Decent people cannot abide filth like you. You lie to our face as you violently try and overthrow this nation.

Before Saturday I had never even heard of "Unite the Right." And for good reason, it didn't exist until some Soros Brown Shirts cooked it up:

{
According to the leftist Southern Poverty Law Center [SPLC], one of the white supremacist organizers of Saturday's rally in Charlottesville is a former Occupy Wall Street activist and supporter of Barack Obama.

Jason Kessler is listed with SPLC as an "extremist." Here's an excerpt from the information about Kessler published on their website: }

Katie Pavlich - Oh My: Leftist Southern Poverty Law Center Mentions Charlottesville White Supremacist Organizer as Former Occupy Wall Street, Obama Supporter

So this Kessler fucker is one of you democrat terrorists?

Can't say I'm surprised.

Look, you terrorists want civil war, you see it as your way to end the United States Constitution, and you've damned near got your wish.

My hope is that you are an early casualty of the mayhem you sew.
sow

I'm surprised there weren't any resignations in the WH today. But I guess people of conscience in this WH is rare..
Good possibility that some, like Kelley are staying because they are afraid of how much worse it would get if they left.
There is that. And they are right to keep it in mind. The retired generals haven't got that much to lose--they aren't looking to re-election or going out and starting new careers after their stint in the WH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back