Which Social Security/Medicare plan do you prefer? Trump's or Desantis'

Which plan?

• Trump's (save the safety net)

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • DeSantis (raise the age in SS, cut Social Security and Medicare)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are at least half the voting population that know Biden didn't win fair and square. Did you VOTE for Biden?
I sure did! Had to get rid of Trump and Biden was the only choice, since the Republicans caved and supported asshole trump. Now I'm stuck with the fact more people employed than ever in US history. The assholes that attacked the Capital are being prosecuted, many admitting their guild and insurrectionist bastards that conspired against my country consistently getting long prison sentences, while I have had multiple beach vacations and ski trips, carrying no debt, while my net worth increased because I planned well. Looks like I did OK, while Biden in office, except for him fking up the border, making it worse than ever.

In short, Trump wants to save the safety net while Desantis wants to cut it and raise the age. DeSantis wants to cut Medicare are and Trump doesn't.
My opinion? I like Trump's liberal position in the issue. Vote in my poll please.

Trump said:

Why would any sane person trust Trump - especially in his second and last term? It would be a 4-year bloodbath.

In short, Trump wants to save the safety net while Desantis wants to cut it and raise the age. DeSantis wants to cut Medicare are and Trump doesn't.
My opinion? I like Trump's liberal position in the issue. Vote in my poll please.

Trump said:

You need a third option in your poll. Something else. Neither Trump nor DeSantis.

Obviously. We wouldn’t ever want to do the Right thing, now would we?

The right thing would be to expand these programs, so that all Americans are covered for both healthcare and minimum income.

The USA used to top the best places in the world to live list. Now it’s barely in the top 20.

I found your promotion of authoritarianism laughable. Name me one country that has ever thrived economically under an authoritarian dictatorship.

No. About a third believe all that crap. Sad that they think they know something when it's proven to be false.
It makes a little bit of sense though at least from the evangelical side. I mean really, if you're able to believe in pregnant virgins and talking snakes, believing a lie about election fraud with no proof isn't much of a reach.

Some groups are simply easy to manipulate.

Trump said:

I absolutely agree we need to raise the retirement age. I've been saying that for over a decade.

We need to raise the SS and Medicare eligibility ages to 70 and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer. Common fricking sense.

Only 5.4% of the population was over 65 when SS was enacted. Today, 16% are over 65. This is an unsustainable trend.

Trump is 100% right on this issue and this is why he could win in 2024. Desantist is insane and I doubt a lot of the republican base is wanting to give up their retirement. Desantist is an idiot.
If the moderate Democrats cave to Kevin McCarthy's budget demands in exchange for raising the debt ceiling, which is highly likely, the millions of elderly trump Nazis' who currently rely on Social Security and Medicare to survive, they could very well be looking for a candidate in 2024 who will restore the SS and Medicare benefits McCarthy and his freedom caucus plan to shut off very soon.

I absolutely agree we need to raise the retirement age. I've been saying that for over a decade.

We need to raise the SS and Medicare eligibility ages to 70 and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer. Common fricking sense.

Only 5.4% of the population was over 65 when SS was enacted. Today, 16% are over 65. This is an unsustainable trend.

Making it sustainable would be easy, by simply returning to the original parameters: you should be able to collect social security, on average, a year after you die. Make the age for collecting benefits the average life expectancy, plus one.

The right thing would be to expand these programs, so that all Americans are covered for both healthcare and minimum income.

The USA used to top the best places in the world to live list. Now it’s barely in the top 20.
I don’t want the USA to be in the Top 100 “best places to live”. We’ve become weak, cowardly, and reliant on others. We expect everything to be easy and cheap. We are sheep just waiting to be led to the slaughter.
I found your promotion of authoritarianism laughable. Name me one country that has ever thrived economically under an authoritarian dictatorship
The economy is not a major concern for me. Culture and Values are.

Forum List

Back