Which one of these was the worst president ever?

Which President Was the Worst

• Richard Milhous Nixon

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • George Walker Bush

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • James Earl "Jimmy" Carter

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Thomas Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
I liked the other guys explanation better, Rabbi.

However, let me ask you both this question... Is that what you feel is happening now? The decline of the Middle Class, and the further impoverishment of our working poor has NOTHING to do with the huge gains that the rich has received?
The middle class, if it is declining, is declining because manufacturing is moving overseas to escape unions and taxes. Not because anyone is taking their wealth. And please, tell me how the working class is more impoverished than they used to be? The main difference is that the middle and working class has not advanced as fast as the investor class, not that they've declined. Both still have basically the same standard of living (or slightly higher) as they did 30 years ago or even 50 years ago. Rather that worry about how rich get richer what poorer people need to woory about is how the government is making their money worth less by purposefully inflating it.

Obama for the irresponsible spending. We've had irresponsible before but nothing to the degree of Obama. He's actually the first President to actually bankrupt the nation.

obama inherited a running yearly deficit of $1.4 trillion, THAT was his beginning point....

he should have planned on REDUCING this yearly deficit, and he did his first fiscal budget by about 50-100 billion in the 2010 budget, but this 2011 budget deficits will be larger than ever....!!!

most of the deficit is due to lower tax revenues and not increased discretionary spending.

obama inherited a running yearly deficit of $1.4 trillion, THAT was his beginning point....

he should have planned on REDUCING this yearly deficit, and he did his first fiscal budget by about 50-100 billion in the 2010 budget, but this 2011 budget deficits will be larger than ever....!!!

most of the deficit is due to lower tax revenues and not increased discretionary spending.

Why doesn't he do something about instead of adding more debt than anyone in history.

How the hell are Obama and Bush Winning?

They haven't really been around long enough to make that call yet, I just threw them up there because I knew a lot of you would talk about which one was worse.

Ok im going to go read ALL of this thread.

Its about equal parts lower tax revenues do to continuing and growing unemployment and increased OVERALL spending ;)

Notice i said overall instead of discretionary ;).

The Democrats never passed a budget for 2010. SO there was no budget.
Do you imagine that a trillion dollar stimulus, coupled with cash for you-name-it might have just a teensy, eensy bit to do with this?

Reagan borrowed his way to feed the economy to the point of tripling the debt. Daddy Bush was right......his voodoo economics led this country to the path of economic destruction

Who else would voluntarily cut revenue and the escalate spending?

If that were true, then the economy should be booming right now.

No one's buying the liberal pig slop theories of economics after Carter and now Obama.

Keynesian economics is dead.

Forget it, bripat. You're talking to a fence post. Might as well :banghead: .

Folks like rightwing live in a fantasy world or simply lie to themselves. Up is down. Down is Up.

and promptly doubled it. Equaling all the deficit spending of every president before him COMBINED in one year.

And you defend this???

No. She and her ilk:
-Deny it
-Deflect it (Bush did worse)
-Delight in it (Things would have been much worse if he hadn't done it)

and promptly doubled it. Equaling all the deficit spending of every president before him COMBINED in one year.

And you defend this???

Don't forget he saved all those jobs.

So many that we will never actually know how many he actually saved, but it has to be in the hundreds of billions of jobs.

Immie

PS Ignore the fact that there are only slightly more than 300 million American citizens and what seven billion souls living on earth today?

However, let me ask you both this question... Is that what you feel is happening now? The decline of the Middle Class, and the further impoverishment of our working poor has NOTHING to do with the huge gains that the rich has received?
The middle class, if it is declining, is declining because manufacturing is moving overseas to escape unions and taxes. Not because anyone is taking their wealth. And please, tell me how the working class is more impoverished than they used to be? The main difference is that the middle and working class has not advanced as fast as the investor class, not that they've declined. Both still have basically the same standard of living (or slightly higher) as they did 30 years ago or even 50 years ago. Rather that worry about how rich get richer what poorer people need to woory about is how the government is making their money worth less by purposefully inflating it.

I pos repped this because I agree with almost all of it. I'd disagree that the working class has the same quality of life as they did 30 years back, as there are much fewer good opportunities for someone in thE working class. It's also getting harder to get a shot at upward mobility these days.

That's due to a lot of things, but as the quality jobs you can land without a college degree keep heading overseas while the cost of education at all levels keep going up things aren't going to get better anytime soon.

Last edited:

I pos repped this because I agree with almost all of it. I'd disagree that the working class has the same quality of life as they did 30 years back, as there are much fewer good opportunities for someone in thE working class. It's also getting harder to get a shot at upward mobility these days.

That's due to a lot of things, but as the quality jobs you can land without a college degree keep heading overseas while the cost of education at all levels keep going up things aren't going to get better anytime soon.

I certainly hope no one has ever called you an optimist.

Immie

In order from least-to-most "worst" of the aforementioned presidents:

5. George W. Bush
4. Richard Nixon
3. Lyndon Johnson
2. Barack Obama
1. Jimmy Carter

I'll even throw in the "in-betweens" missing from this same timeframe (1963-present). Adding Presidents Bush (I), Clinton, Ford and Reagan, accompanied by a brief list of accomplishments:

9. Ronald Reagan - won Cold War, "Reaganomics"
8. George W. Bush - War on Terror, tax cuts, Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act
7. George Bush - competently oversaw dismantling of Warsaw Pact, Gulf War
6. Bill Clinton - welfare reform, free trade, Defense of Marriage Act
5. Gerald Ford - Helsinki Accords, pardoned Nixon
4. Richard Nixon - China strategy, law & order, Vietnamization
3. Lyndon Johnson - Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act
2. Jimmy Carter - Camp David Accords
1. Barack Obama - killing of Osama bin Laden

They didn't leave because of Unions or Taxes.... they left for slave labor and potential new markets. We've already established that Corporations don't pay nearly what the tax code says they do. Unions make up 7% of the workforce and most of them are in the Public Sector. It's complete bullshit that they left because of taxes and Unions... That's what they want you to believe.

As far as the Working Class... let me ask you this... Where does a "regular guy" turn these days? Seriously. I am talking about the kid in school that wasn't such a great student, was better with his hands than his head. Because make no mistake.... that's where a very large chunk of our society lies. They don't have the intellect to go get a degree. They are workers, not thinkers. Do they not deserve an American Dream of their own? A good, living wage that they can give THEIR kids better than they had? Or is that only reserved for "smart people"?

The real sad thing is... the Marketing Campaign that Big Money utilizes to keep their tired act alive is geared especially for them. They think that taking away all their safety nets and giving big money even MORE power is in THEIR Best interest.

Forum List

Back