Which is deadlier for kids, school shooters, or riding a bike or walking to school? Take a guess...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
When it comes to the truth, the anti gunners don't even try to find it. They want guns banned and will say and do anything to take us there even if it is one baby step at a time......

Here is some truth......more kids die each year riding their bikes and walking to school than are killed by school shooters...

School shootings are not the new normal, despite statistics that stretch the truth

Notwithstanding the occasional multiple-fatality shooting that takes place at one of the 100,000 public schools across America, the nation’s schools are safe.

Over the past quarter-century, on average about 10 students are slain in school shootings annually.

Compare the school fatality rate with the more than 100 school-age children accidentally killed each year riding theirbikes or walking to school.

Congress might be too timid to pass gun legislation to protect children, but how about a national bicycle helmet law for minors? Half of the states do not require them. There is no NRA — National Riding Association — opposing that.

So, what do we know so far from a week of posting....

Lawnmowers kill more people each year than mass shooters do.

Bees and wasps kill more people than mass shooters do each year.

And now? Bikes and walking to school kill more kids than mass shooters do.....

Death by accident while riding a bike or walking to school isn't nearly the same as MURDER by fucking shooting. Tell me how many of those deaths while walking or riding a bike to school are caused by a lunatic knowingly running over a child? Do lawnmowers now have the ability to stand up and triturate people's faces? Do bees and wasps count as human beings?

Democrats do not want to end the 2nd Amendment. Would you allow an army veteran suffering PTSD have a rifle, knowing that at any moment he may snap and run guns blazing to the street, thinking he's fending off his post from some ISIS extremists? Would you allow an 18 year old, who's not legally allowed to drink, handle a gun? Democrats want to strengthen restrictions for buying a gun. Establishing a minimun age, so that inmature individuals do not have access to a life-threatening instrument. Requiring a psychological test, so a health professional can certify all individuals who carry guns are mentally healthy.

If you are a law abiding, healthy ADULT, there's not gonna be any problem in purchasing a gun.

When it comes to the truth, the anti gunners don't even try to find it. They want guns banned and will say and do anything to take us there even if it is one baby step at a time......

Here is some truth......more kids die each year riding their bikes and walking to school than are killed by school shooters...

School shootings are not the new normal, despite statistics that stretch the truth

Notwithstanding the occasional multiple-fatality shooting that takes place at one of the 100,000 public schools across America, the nation’s schools are safe.

Over the past quarter-century, on average about 10 students are slain in school shootings annually.

Compare the school fatality rate with the more than 100 school-age children accidentally killed each year riding theirbikes or walking to school.

Congress might be too timid to pass gun legislation to protect children, but how about a national bicycle helmet law for minors? Half of the states do not require them. There is no NRA — National Riding Association — opposing that.

So, what do we know so far from a week of posting....

Lawnmowers kill more people each year than mass shooters do.

Bees and wasps kill more people than mass shooters do each year.

And now? Bikes and walking to school kill more kids than mass shooters do.....

Your comparisons are way out.

Walking to school is something that has to happen. Gun shootings aren't.

Death by accident while riding a bike or walking to school isn't nearly the same as MURDER by fucking shooting. Tell me how many of those deaths while walking or riding a bike to school are caused by a lunatic knowingly running over a child? Do lawnmowers now have the ability to stand up and triturate people's faces? Do bees and wasps count as human beings?

Democrats do not want to end the 2nd Amendment. Would you allow an army veteran suffering PTSD have a rifle, knowing that at any moment he may snap and run guns blazing to the street, thinking he's fending off his post from some ISIS extremists? Would you allow an 18 year old, who's not legally allowed to drink, handle a gun? Democrats want to strengthen restrictions for buying a gun. Establishing a minimun age, so that inmature individuals do not have access to a life-threatening instrument. Requiring a psychological test, so a health professional can certify all individuals who carry guns are mentally healthy.

If you are a law abiding, healthy ADULT, there's not gonna be any problem in purchasing a gun.
Dead is dead.

Dead is dead.
That's like saying "sex is sex" without separating rape from consexual sex

Dead is dead.
That's like saying "sex is sex" without separating rape from consexual sex
Not a chance...good consensual sex is almost always a positive experience. Dead children is never good.
U
Dead is dead...the result is exactly the same...frightened kids, grieving parents. If 100 school age children are killed by a 21 to 24 year old drunk drivers per year...would be raise the drinking age to 25? No...because we know this happens almost every year.

Maybe the people in charge need to consider the effects of school administered personality altering drugs on adolescents. It's alleged that the Columbine shooters were routinely doped up on school ordered prescription mood altering drugs which were apparently traded and bartered among students.

Control freak

At the ripe old age of 17, I was carrying a M1911 pistol on my belt in the Navy.

At the ripe old age of 17, I was carrying a M1911 pistol on my belt in the Navy.
Unforttunately not all are like you

Most are.

Most are.
18.29% of adults suffer from a mental illness. It should go up to 20ish % when also counting minors. Unfortunately 20% is too high for restrictions not being implemented

Most are.
18.29% of adults suffer from a mental illness. It should go up to 20ish % when also counting minors. Unfortunately 20% is too high for restrictions not being implemented

87.41% of statistics are made up by the poster to justify their position.

Most are.

I'm not an alt-right dumbass, I back my arguments up with facts. Here's the link, feel free to click on it and verify: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/issues/2017-state-mental-health-america-prevalence-

What is most deadly for children is Communists.

The "school to prison pipeline" bullshit that Obama and his racist administration cooked up is the direct cause of the Parkland shooting.

{
EDUCATION
Did Lax Obama-Era School-Discipline Policies Enable the Parkland Shooter?
By DAVID FRENCH
March 2, 2018 4:58 PM
marjory-stoneman-douglas-school-mourners.jpg

A father and his two children outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School four days after the shooting in Parkland, Fla., February 18, 2018. (Jonathan Drake/Reuters)
Broward County had adopted guidelines designed in part to limit law-enforcement involvement with students, even those who posed a threat.
The closer you look at the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., the more you realize that it might have been one of the most preventable significant crimes in recent American history. We’re familiar by now with the government’s sins of omission — how it failed to act time and again in the face of evidence that the shooter presented a clear and present danger to the public.

But how about a sin of commission? Did an Obama-era policy designed to reduce the “school-to-prison pipeline” prevent police from using available tools that could have stopped the shooting?

One of the greatest challenges in American public life is to end mass incarceration without endangering the public. How can reform efforts keep violent offenders off the streets while still decreasing America’s extraordinarily high prison population?

The tragic experience in Broward County teaches us how not to fix the crisis. Stopping the “school-to-prison” pipeline by simply refusing to arrest violent students carries with it unacceptably high costs.

Yesterday Paul Sperry of RealClearInvestigations published a comprehensive report that reached an explosive conclusion:

Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.
}

Parkland Shooting: Did Obama-Era School Discipline Policies Enable It? | National Review

Most are.

I'm not an alt-right dumbass, I back my arguments up with facts. Here's the link, feel free to click on it and verify: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/issues/2017-state-mental-health-america-prevalence-

People who quote mental health statistics are likely to be crazy enough to believe them.

Most are.

People who quote mental health statistics are likely to be crazy enough to believe them.
87.41% of statistics are made up by the poster to justify their position. Whoops.

Forum List

Back