Which Computer Maker Has the Best Tech Support?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A very important question. I bought my desktop for the price and amount of my work it would hold. Since then, I've discovered my manufacturers support hasn't been all that great. (I get better info from other online sources.)

Apple got top marks, providing significantly better service than all other computer manufacturers,” says Adam Troy, Ph.D., the CR senior research associate who headed up the survey. In manufacturer tech support, Apple scored an 82 out of 100, as well as a 5 out of 5 for phone support and a 4 out of 5 for online support. And readers reported that their problems were solved 79 percent of the time. The next two most highly rated companies, Microsoft and Dell, scored a 68 and 56, respectively. Though Lenovo ranks in the top three in many of our computer ratings, in support it was fourth, with a 54.

For in-store tech support, the Apple Store’s Genius Bar was also tops but was matched by independent local computer retailers. Both got an 81 in our reader survey. (Always check to see whether fees apply.)

It then give this link @ Manufacturer tech support & Reliability More of the article @ Which Computer Maker Has the Best Tech Support?

Cool, I guess paying two to three times what the computer or phone is worth at least gets the customer something.......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back