Where's Waldo(?): Globalization Druids?

Sep 22, 2013
The Olympic Channel (OC) is a TV broadcast network featuring coverage and replays of numerous Olympics sporting events, international sports competitions of note (e.g., FIVB volleyball tournaments), and symbolic sports contests and matches in various summer and winter Olympics games.

The OC is a terrific media investment in globalization-themed activity and parallels the contributions of relevant culture-stimulation networks/programs such as CNN, Al Jazeera, and Nature/PBS.

The OC is a great 'network totem' to reference in discussions about the role of media in the modern age in catalyzing 'controversial dialogue.'

====

TRUMP: Do you realize how many Muslims have access to the OC, Carter?
CARTER: Quite a few, and Al Jazeera has become quite popular, Mr. President!
TRUMP: That's right, and I wonder if this will contribute (in any way) to Sunni-Shia relations...
CARTER: There's no reason to assume that media 'flowery' will not 'assist' in commerce negotiations.
TRUMP: We have to make the leap from Wall Street to NATO and that requires leap-frogging the EU.
CARTER: The EU (European Union) is a well-balanced 'synthesis' of commerce and politics.
TRUMP: America needs to keep pace with EU and Al Jazeera, so USA remains the 'world's diplomat.'
CARTER: America became the 'world's diplomat' thanks to the successes of Jefferson, FDR, and Reagan!
TRUMP: It's arguable but mostly correct; our victories over England and Nazi Germany made us 'celebrities.'
CARTER: Well, Americans need to socially 'link' Facebook with eTrade now...
TRUMP: I agree with you Carter; modern social activity is like a "Where's Waldo" search-and-destroy game!
CARTER: There are numerous American films about sports such as Cool Runnings and Invictus.
TRUMP: Yes, I really like Any Given Sunday (NFL), since it presents the 'mental consciousness' of sports.
CARTER: Well, the OC offers citizens around the world a 'glimpse' of networking-related 'etiquette'...
TRUMP: Modern media is therefore a sort of 'interactive storyboard,' and multiculturalism is the experiment!
CARTER: I wonder how many Americans think about the Kerrigan-Harding fiasco while watching the OC.
TRUMP: Nancy Kerrigan's tragic assault made everyone realize that social scandals were 'public property.'
CARTER: The United Nations (UN) will have to deal with all kinds of 'censorship issues.'

====

wheres-waldo.jpg

Forum List

Back