Where Is the Outcry from "Peaceful" Muslims?

Not hundreds. Are there hundreds? I knew dozens in college, was an arts & sciences major. Wonder if they're still athiests.. Doubt it. Life's lessons usually cure one of it. Enough though. Tell me which category describes you?

Well, taking the risk of shattering your fragile reality, neither. Thus dies your pathetic theory.

Well, taking the risk of shattering your fragile reality, neither. Thus dies your pathetic theory.

Ah but it wasn't a theory nor hardly a pathetic one. An observation. Still you've not answered my query. Which kind of athiest are you? An unobservant member of the human race or one just mad at God for not making a world you approve of.

I was mostly referring to the idea that simply believing - or not believing - in a religion doesn't make anyone a fool, in the modern or the biblical sense. I felt that what (in my interpretation) Rico was doing - condemning those who don't believe in a Christian god (by citing biblical verses that call those people fools) - wasn't really on-topic in regards to the original post, which was talking about the willingness of Islamic fundamentalists to prove the Byzantine ruler correct, which I find rather stupid. I would think the last thing you want to do when you are charged with being violent is to start firebombing buildings.

Well, quite frankly, I'm an atheist that you don't know, so please refrain from trying to simply force me into a box of your choosing. I'll choose my own box, thank you very much.

I may not know you but I know your kind. Blind to God or just mad 'cause the world isn't the way you want it? Tell me I'm waiting...

I may not know you but I know your kind. Blind to God or just mad 'cause the world isn't the way you want it? Tell me I'm waiting...

I don't believe that there is a god, so if I had to choose one of your ridiculous boxes I suppose the 'blind to god' box would be suitable.

And now I get to ask you a question, Rico. Why is it that you feel the need to describe atheists as fools?

I don't believe that there is a god, so if I had to choose one of your ridiculous boxes I suppose the 'blind to god' box would be suitable.

And now I get to ask you a question, Rico. Why is it that you feel the need to describe atheists as fools?
I can answer your question, Reneer. IN the Bible, it says "The fool will say 'There is no God.'"

Ah but it wasn't a theory nor hardly a pathetic one. An observation. Still you've not answered my query. Which kind of athiest are you? An unobservant member of the human race or one just mad at God for not making a world you approve of.

It appears that your poor theory creation skills are accompanied by a reading disorder.

It appears that your poor theory creation skills are accompanied by a reading disorder.

Now I'm hurt as you have insulted me. Gleefully though I ask yet again which sort of athiest are you? Tee hee it amuses me to no end to get under the skin of an athiest. So which is it? Blind to God or just don't like the way creation was designed? Will you answer or attempt further humourless insults. This is getting to be fun..

Now I'm hurt as you have insulted me. Gleefully though I ask yet again which sort of athiest are you? Tee hee it amuses me to no end to get under the skin of an athiest. So which is it? Blind to God or just don't like the way creation was designed? Will you answer or attempt further humourless insults. This is getting to be fun..

Ah, but it wasn't an insult, much less a hurtful one. It was an observation. As for answering your question, I already have. Your continued inability to see it further bolsters my contention that you have a reading disorder. To be fair, another plausible explanation is that you're stupid. I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by avoiding the latter explanation.

How does this have little to do with the initial post?

This kind of thing happens EVERY single time someone tells the truth about Islam. Christianity always gets brought up in comparison, and usually some Christian has to come along and "defend" their faith.

Or is that what you mean? That Islam should not be excused simply because of what another religion is? I agree. But good luck with that.

I'd say that your comment that all religious people are stupid and believe a lie might have something to do with it. You really DON'T have to be so abrasive. People that would otherwise agree with your argument against radical Islam get end up arguing WITH you because you feel the need to insult ALL religious people.

Religious people aren't stupid. Overly-opinionated, closed-minded people are though.

I'd say that your comment that all religious people are stupid and believe a lie might have something to do with it. You really DON'T have to be so abrasive. People that would otherwise agree with your argument against radical Islam get end up arguing WITH you because you feel the need to insult ALL religious people.

Religious people aren't stupid. Overly-opinionated, closed-minded people are though.
Funny, we have posters here who are very abrasive, but we ignore that fact otherwise. And just to be clear, I'm not talking about you Gunny :)

All religious people are stupid. If you believed in the Tooth Fairy I'd call you stupid. There is no difference between the Tooth Fairy and God. I've never had anybody who believes in God give me a rational explanation for the difference.

My hatred of Islam is based on what I've learned about it and what Muslims are doing in it's defense on a daily ongoing basis. It has nothing to do with Christianity, or Judiasm, or any other religion. Unfortunately, too many people think it does. They think if I am against Islam I must be for another religion. Therefore I'm biased and anything I say can simply be countered with a comparison to other religions.

It's the biggest problem in the world today and I really believe that Islam will win in the end. Until the world wakes up, and sees islam for what it truly is, we have no hope of winning. And the world will never do that as long as opposition to Islam is simply seen as a fight between one religious nut and another.

My Christian side want's to forgive. My Templars side wants to annihilate radical Islam off the face of the Earth.

There is no such thing as radical Islam. It's Islam, period.

Some things should not be forgiven. They don't deserve to be.

All religious people are stupid. If you believed in the Tooth Fairy I'd call you stupid. There is no difference between the Tooth Fairy and God. I've never had anybody who believes in God give me a rational explanation for the difference.

My hatred of Islam is based on what I've learned about it and what Muslims are doing in it's defense on a daily ongoing basis. It has nothing to do with Christianity, or Judiasm, or any other religion. Unfortunately, too many people think it does. They think if I am against Islam I must be for another religion. Therefore I'm biased and anything I say can simply be countered with a comparison to other religions.

It's the biggest problem in the world today and I really believe that Islam will win in the end. Until the world wakes up, and sees islam for what it truly is, we have no hope of winning. And the world will never do that as long as opposition to Islam is simply seen as a fight between one religious nut and another.

I'll repeat: I know plenty of intelligent and rational people who are religious. I don't know even one person whose mind is completely closed to a topic that is capable of rational thought, or an objective opinion. Just hate and intolerance.

And I have not once had an atheist or other nonbeliever give me a rational explanation for their disbelief except that they are caught up in the greatest arrogance of all, that Man is the beginning and end, and/or that they beleive themselves somehow intellectually superior to anyone who believes differently than they do.

If you don't believe in God, that's YOUR problem. Labelling people stupid for not posessing your particular ideology goes far beyond stupid.

I'm trying REAL hard to see the difference between your kind of hate and the hate radical Islam preaches. There appears to be little-to-none.

I'll repeat: I know plenty of intelligent and rational people who are religious. I don't know even one person whose mind is completely closed to a topic that is capable of rational thought, or an objective opinion. Just hate and intolerance.

And I have not once had an atheist or other nonbeliever give me a rational explanation for their disbelief except that they are caught up in the greatest arrogance of all, that Man is the beginning and end, and/or that they beleive themselves somehow intellectually superior to anyone who believes differently than they do.

If you don't believe in God, that's YOUR problem. Labelling people stupid for not posessing your particular ideology goes far beyond stupid.

I'm trying REAL hard to see the difference between your kind of hate and the hate radical Islam preaches. There appears to be little-to-none.

How on Earth can you possibly see not believing in the Tooth Fairy, and seeing those who do believe in the Tooth Fairy as stupid "hate"? Is your faith in the Tooth Fairy so weak that the slightest challenge to it makes you call me hateful?

If you want believe in an imaginary being that's your business. But for you to criticize me by saying I'm hateful because I don't happen to consider people who believe such ridiculous things anything but stupid is simply a sign of your own insecurity.

Most smart people who are religious know how stupid it is but they believe it anyway because it makes the idea of death easier to live with. Whatever helps you get through the day is fine by me as long as you keep it to yourself. Keep it way from me, keep it away from my kid. I don't give a flying fuck what you believe in as long as you don't use it as an justification for doing ANYTHING.

Christians who criticize Islam need to do so in a rational manner and not by claiming Christianity is superior or they need to shut the fuck up because they do more harm than good. The old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" cliche applies here. That's why liberals defend Islam. They hate Christianity and see all criticism of Islam as Islam bashing by Christians. It doesn't help when Christians prove them right.

Whats the deal here...you never had a orgasm...oh God Oh God or what...?
All sarcastic humor aside...why is it you hate God and all religion...were you raised a athiest or chose to be later in life...Did something bad happen in your life?...this is usually the case if not raised as such...a bad experience which evolved around organized religion and usually the cleric was at fault? Please explain all this hate and calling those stupid who have had great experiences or learned to live with the bad ones!

Whats the deal here...you never had a orgasm...oh God Oh God or what...?
All sarcastic humor aside...why is it you hate God and all religion...were you raised a athiest or chose to be later in life...Did something bad happen in your life?...this is usually the case if not raised as such...a bad experience which evolved around organized religion and usually the cleric was at fault? Please explain all this hate and calling those stupid who have had great experiences or learned to live with the bad ones!

I wasn't raised to believe in it and it's a totally foreign concept.

What's with the "hate" again? I don't hate stupid people. I deal with stupid people on a constant daily basis. Don't you? Just because I consider someone stupid, doesn't mean I hate them. (I have two Pomeranians. If I hated stupid I would have had them put down a long time ago.)

I hate Islam because Islam deserves to he hated.

And, btw, since you asked, I've had some great orgasms. But God didn't give me them. Frank did.

I wasn't raised to believe in it and it's a totally foreign concept.

What's with the "hate" again? I don't hate stupid people. I deal with stupid people on a constant daily basis. Don't you? Just because I consider someone stupid, doesn't mean I hate them. (I have two Pomeranians. If I hated stupid I would have had them put down a long time ago.)

I hate Islam because Islam deserves to he hated.

And, btw, since you asked, I've had some great orgasms. But God didn't give me them. Frank did.

You do believe in God...only you call him Frank! At least your sarcastic humor is intact...But let me digress for a moment...did you ever believe in God or partake in some form of religion at any time in your life? Or did you just never believe from the moment of conception? Did your parents believe or anyone in your family? I'm having a hard time believing you never once in your life turned to God unless it was never brought to your attention during your growing years or was frowned upon!:dev2:

Forum List

Back