Where Is Sarah?

in 2004 ... just after winning his first election for U.S. Senator ...

He's not going to get up and say, "I know I just got elected Senator but I'm ready for the big job ... right now. As a matter of fact let me take this time to announce my candidacy for the President of the United States."

You're being ridiculous ...

Yet he's been campaigning for the job ever since.

And, to answer your question, what's he supposed to say, "I don't know. I suppose we'll see when the time comes." I'm sure he would have made that remark in one of his great speeches, but thinking on his feet isn't his forte, unless he's got Clinton around to whisper the answers in his ear.

jimmy buffett could get millions of voters, so whats your point?

The point is people can bark all they want that Barack isn't experienced or ready for the job but the fact remains that millions upon millions of people disagreed with the nay sayers to the point that he's now the Democratic nominee for president and the favorite to win ....

Let's see Jimmy Buffett do that ...

At least you're not a partisan hack, but now I question your judgment. Bush over Gore? Really? :cuckoo:

lol ...

It was my first general election ... at the time I was heavily influenced by my father's political views ... he's still a HUGE Bushie ...

The point is people can bark all they want that Barack isn't experienced or ready for the job but the fact remains that millions upon millions of people disagreed with the nay sayers to the point that he's now the Democratic nominee for president and the favorite to win ....

Let's see Jimmy Buffett do that ...

barack hussein obama's experience is a question the media would actually go with. they were to busy having obamagazims instead of being critical of his black liberation theology beliefs and his ties to a felon and a terrorist.

at least jimmy buffett's concert would be better then barack hussein obama's concert(dnc'08).

It was mine also, because I didn't bother voting for Clinton's re-election, I knew he'd win handedly.

There's no way I would have voted for Bush. I even forced myself to vote for Kerry, to no avail.

your statement is curious insomuch as Palin is the Republican VP candidate, we've known this for 5 days now and yet she's not sat down with even ONE news organization to discuss her views on world events and domestic issues?
Good point.

Caring for her children? so when the world is in crisis and the VP is called upon for action or a response in place of the President, will she be caring for her children then too?

Or her grandchildren?

it's not a photo-op to actually have an interview so the American public can see her speak on subjects that matter, such as the economy, the war in Iraq, the war on terror, education in our schools, health care, social security, medicare, etc etc.

She's learning her lines as fast as she can, I'm sure.

How does anyone make an informed educated decision if they keep her in hiding except when she's attached to McCain's hip?

haven't you heard? Educated decisons are for the weak.

Real men go with thier first (or is it baser?) instincts.

you seem like a reasonable guy, if she scares you that much, how can you be so in the tank for barack hussein obama?

Because she's not even in the same league as McCain, Obama, Hillary, or Biden for that matter ...

A BA in journalism/minor in poly sci ... under educated ... mayor of a teenie town and less than two years as governor of a sparsley populated state ... big fish/small pond ... she has zero foreign policy experience ... she's a hard right evangelical, I vehemently disagree with her on social issues.

This is a serious job for serious people ... I don't think Sarah Palin should be taken seriously ... I think McCain picked her because she's easy on the eyes and the fundies would like her ... not because she would be ready to lead on day one ... to me, it's a transparent farce.

Edit to add: And it shows McCain isn't for "country first." To me it says that he's a reckless gambler and will panic and make bad decisions under pressure. At least Obama took a VP that I imagine could handle the big job if necessary ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back