Republican Convention v. Democratic Convention

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
I'm watching both. I think it's telling that I've heard "God bless America" several times during the Republican convention, but NOT ONCE during the Democrats' convention. Is that because, with Rev. Wright, they're the "God damn America" party? The Republicans did a tribute to the troops. The Democrats did not. The Republicans are talking about service to country. The Democrats were whining about what should be done for them.

Is this a pattern?

I'm watching both. I think it's telling that I've heard "God bless America" several times during the Republican convention, but NOT ONCE during the Democrats' convention. Is that because, with Rev. Wright, they're the "God damn America" party? The Republicans did a tribute to the troops. The Democrats did not. The Republicans are talking about service to country. The Democrats were whining about what should be done for them.

Is this a pattern?

nope just standard liberal fare.....

The Republicans are talking about past experiences and accomplishments.

The Democrats made promises they cannot keep.

THANK YOU!

Thompson's analogy about taking water out of the bucket was fucking amazing. "The Democrats say they won't take water out of your side of the bucket, they'll take it from the businesses. And as long as you don't buy goods from businesses, big or small, or receive paychecks from businesses, big or small, this won't affect you."

I also love how they've spent a great deal of time building McCain's character, instead of breaking down everyone elses'. They are also doing a decent job of building up Sarah Palin as a reformist, talking about how she took on big government and won. I really think it's building up to be a HUGE night when she and McCain speak.

THANK YOU!

Thompson's analogy about taking water out of the bucket was fucking amazing. "The Democrats say they won't take water out of your side of the bucket, they'll take it from the businesses. And as long as you don't buy goods from businesses, big or small, or receive paychecks from businesses, big or small, this won't affect you."

Thompson was throwing out some damn good lines. Nothing too tricky, just standard GOP red meat. But good stuff. I was cheering.

I am not crazy about McCain, but damn, being a POW suffering daily beatings for five years pretty much makes "community organizer in Chicago" look like a fucking JOKE. It almost makes me want to see how your average Democrat would hold up to a DAY of being a POW. "Oh, no, please, you're making my fingernails dirty! I'll tell you everything!"

Thompson was throwing out some damn good lines. Nothing too tricky, just standard GOP red meat. But good stuff. I was cheering.

I am not crazy about McCain, but damn, being a POW suffering daily beatings for five years pretty much makes "community organizer in Chicago" look like a fucking JOKE. It almost makes me want to see how your average Democrat would hold up to a DAY of being a POW. "Oh, no, please, you're making my fingernails dirty! I'll tell you everything!"

Exactly. Thompson is a great story-teller, and he had that audience (and me, and millions of others) in the palm of his hand tonight. He made us see what McCain stands for. I never really got McCain's campaign slogan until tonight. He does put country first. He always has, and he always will.

I also loved his potshot at Obama's "teleprompted speeches." It was perfectly delivered.

OMG, are you guys watching the same felatio fest I'm watching? I'm being totally objective here, the RNC is a total snoozefest. The only positive to come out of this is that they've finally found a non-medicinal cure for insomnia.

But I will say that the protestors outside the RNC are total fucking idiots, a fucking disgrace to everyone. At least the Repubs in Denver had the common courtesy of writing the Dems off as irrelevant and letting them have their convention in peace.

OMG, are you guys watching the same felatio fest I'm watching? I'm being totally objective here, the RNC is a total snoozefest. The only positive to come out of this is that they've finally found a non-medicinal cure for insomnia.

But I will say that the protestors outside the RNC are total fucking idiots, a fucking disgrace to everyone. At least the Repubs in Denver had the common courtesy of writing the Dems off as irrelevant and letting them have their convention in peace.

Snoozefest? Not in my book. I enjoy listening to truth.

And you're right, the fucked liberals protesting are a testament to how delusional the Democrats are.

Also, one thing was made clear tonight: McCain is not Bush. The entire night has been about reform and change. Mccain and Palin were both highly cheered for mention of their ability to cross party lines to get things done. The brief time Bush was given on stage was usurped by a video of Reagan played immediately after, without a break, and Fred Thompson's speech, again without a break.

It's clear the McCain camp is trying to distance themself from Bush as much as possible.

Snoozefest? Not in my book. I enjoy listening to truth.

And you're right, the fucked liberals protesting are a testament to how delusional the Democrats are.

Yeah they're a fucking disgrace, I'm glad they were arrested. The good news is Kirk and OJ won't be posting here until after they make bail. :badgrin:

But in all fairness, you guys did have that crazy meth head.

Yeah they're a fucking disgrace, I'm glad they were arrested. The good news is Kirk and OJ won't be posting here until after they make bail. :badgrin:

But in all fairness, you guys did have that crazy meth head.

you call them a disgrace and air america calls them protesters. funny how that works.

You ever been screened for mild traumatic brain injury? You should. Go to the ER and tell them Dirt sent ya.

again, thanks for being intelligent.

i'm not voting for mccain or obama, but i do listen to a lot of radio, and i try to mix it up 50/50.

as far as i'm concerned, air america calling those people who vandalized the city i live in "protesters" is pretty appalling if you ask me.

Is this a pattern?

I heard God Bless America plenty. I heard God Bless You, and God Bless America plenty in the DNC.

Certainly at the end of the nominees speeches. Elsewhere as well.

Last edited:

I asked you a question on another thread where you said the libreral bias in media is obvious because youa re a journalist. It wasn't rhetorical. I asked whether the media had a liberal slant, in your opinion, in the runup to the invasion of Iraq. You can answer either place (or not at all) but I am curious what you think.

I asked you a question on another thread where you said the libreral bias in media is obvious because youa re a journalist. It wasn't rhetorical. I asked whether the media had a liberal slant, in your opinion, in the runup to the invasion of Iraq. You can answer either place (or not at all) but I am curious what you think.

The media are toothless cowards. They never ask tough questions because they are afraid of losing access. If you want the truth you will find it at this link....

The Center for Public Integrity

It almost makes me want to see how your average Democrat would hold up to a DAY of being a POW. "Oh, no, please, you're making my fingernails dirty! I'll tell you everything!"

Are you saying there are no honorable democratic POWs.

THANK YOU!

I also love how they've spent a great deal of time building McCain's character, instead of breaking down everyone elses'. They are also doing a decent job of building up Sarah Palin as a reformist, talking about how she took on big government and won. I really think it's building up to be a HUGE night when she and McCain speak.
i was tearing up. he is a great story teller

also the first day of the gop convention>>>>>>>the last 2 dnc conventions combines

Oh, I almost forgot this part, I don't remember who said it, Fred or Joe, but it was great. They made a comment that McCain has been to Iraq 8 times, and not one of those times was a publicity stunt. They even made a comment that when Sarah Palin got her passport, she went to visit soldiers in Kuwait, not to Europe.

It was a great shot at Obama's media attention whoring.

Forum List

Back