What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the unsafe bridges?

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

FactFinder

VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are the unsafe bridges?

Oh jeez! Do you even have a driver's license. You must live in some flat place like Florida or somethin'.

oreo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

Look our bridges are inspected every year--by professional people for safety concerns. If a bridge is unsafe--we re-route traffic--and FIX it.

Obama didn't know what he was doing--so he did a carbon copy of FDR. In the 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross this nation--if we needed a bridge we built it. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And what was a labor force of primarily men in the 1930's now consists of 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

$shovel-ready.gif

FactFinder

VIP Member
Reaction score

Look our bridges are inspected every year--by professional people for safety concerns. If a bridge is unsafe--we re-route traffic--and FIX it.

Obama didn't know what he was doing--so he did a carbon copy of FDR. In the 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross this nation--if we needed a bridge we built it. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And what was a labor force of primarily men in the 1930's now consists of 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

View attachment 15201

Geez...what utopian world you been livin in?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph
Reaction score
We've had one in the Bay Area since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Instead of replacing the eastern span of the Bay Bridge quickly, local politicians argued about the design for years while community groups lobbied to have it "moved" because the old location was "racist".

22 years later, people are still driving across the obsolete "dangerous" bridge.

Thanks Government!

FactFinder

VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had one in the Bay Area since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Instead of replacing the eastern span of the Bay Bridge quickly, local politicians argued about the design for years while community groups lobbied to have it "moved" because the old location was "racist".

22 years later, people are still driving across the obsolete "dangerous" bridge.

Thanks Government!

Sad, but most people think " What choice do we have?"

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

Thanks Government!

Some good points there. Things are so different from the 1930's. Once government gets involved, things are paralyzed, and there's almost no way not to get government involved. Takes years for studies and approvals and you might not ever get them. *sigh*

The people asking why these bridges weren't fixed in the first stimulus round also have a good point.

How much does it cost to fix a bridge? What's the average wait time for all the studies and approvals?

I think all the Democrat gazillionaires who don't think they pay enough in taxes should each adopt a bridge and get 'er done. :eusa_angel:

FactFinder

VIP Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost to fix a bridge? What's the average wait time for all the studies and approvals?

These days it depends on your cronies availability.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

francoHFW

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After 30 years of Voodoo, our bridges are rated D, and 60% of our schools are over 50 years old. Change the channel.

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Reaction score
Could this be one?

Eng2.jpg

:lol:

francoHFW

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That would be alright if we built them to last- but we don't.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After 30 years of Voodoo, our bridges are rated D, and 60% of our schools are over 50 years old. Change the channel.

How's that 55 year long Liberal "War on Poverty" going?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Reaction score
That would be alright if we built them to last- but we don't.

You mean the lowest bidder doesn't build things to last? Fancy that! :lol:

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$132.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List