Where are the unsafe bridges?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

But I'm not sure what thread that is in.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Where are the unsafe bridges?

Oh jeez! Do you even have a driver's license. You must live in some flat place like Florida or somethin'.

Can anyone give me a link to the location of the unsafe bridges Obama is talking about. I heard someone say Obama isn't telling but I thought I saw someone else say it is known.

Look our bridges are inspected every year--by professional people for safety concerns. If a bridge is unsafe--we re-route traffic--and FIX it.

Obama didn't know what he was doing--so he did a carbon copy of FDR. In the 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross this nation--if we needed a bridge we built it. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And what was a labor force of primarily men in the 1930's now consists of 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

$shovel-ready.gif

Look our bridges are inspected every year--by professional people for safety concerns. If a bridge is unsafe--we re-route traffic--and FIX it.

Obama didn't know what he was doing--so he did a carbon copy of FDR. In the 1930's when we actually needed roads and bridges--today we have super highways that criss-cross this nation--if we needed a bridge we built it. What took thousands of men with shovels in the 1930's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. And what was a labor force of primarily men in the 1930's now consists of 1/2 women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

View attachment 15201

Geez...what utopian world you been livin in?

We've had one in the Bay Area since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Instead of replacing the eastern span of the Bay Bridge quickly, local politicians argued about the design for years while community groups lobbied to have it "moved" because the old location was "racist".

22 years later, people are still driving across the obsolete "dangerous" bridge.

Thanks Government!

We've had one in the Bay Area since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Instead of replacing the eastern span of the Bay Bridge quickly, local politicians argued about the design for years while community groups lobbied to have it "moved" because the old location was "racist".

22 years later, people are still driving across the obsolete "dangerous" bridge.

Thanks Government!

Sad, but most people think " What choice do we have?"

Thanks Government!

Some good points there. Things are so different from the 1930's. Once government gets involved, things are paralyzed, and there's almost no way not to get government involved. Takes years for studies and approvals and you might not ever get them. *sigh*

The people asking why these bridges weren't fixed in the first stimulus round also have a good point.

How much does it cost to fix a bridge? What's the average wait time for all the studies and approvals?

I think all the Democrat gazillionaires who don't think they pay enough in taxes should each adopt a bridge and get 'er done. :eusa_angel:

How much does it cost to fix a bridge? What's the average wait time for all the studies and approvals?

These days it depends on your cronies availability.

Forum List

Back