When you believe a politician can change things

D

Dim Bulb

You will always be disappointed. Always. No matter how strongly you idolize a politician and how much you look past their faults, they will still never live up to their slogans.

Obama (hope and change). Bwahaha what hope? No change!
Dubya (defeat terrorists by war). 16 years later...
Clinton (the third way) Okay he benefited from the dotcom boom but he was freaking impeached.
Reagan (morning in America). Well he came closest but remember how the debt exploded due to trickle down --- and I loved the guy

And now President Trump (make America great again). Okay take a look at The political dialogue on this board and elsewhere and tell me this feels like "great"

My point is that Americans who put their faith in these losers are wasting energy. Better to put your energy in to making America great one interaction at a time, with your neighbor, with your coworkers, with your family.

Act like you are part of a great country, with pride, civility and positivity. If we all try this it will improve everything, politicians will only keep dividing us (any politician) to get votes. Urge policies of elected officials that comport with your beliefs with tenacity and with understanding.

If you wait for politicians to do this for you, you might as wait for a little league team to win the World Series.

Most of the problems we have right now are our own creation. Trump didn't divide us, we divided ourselves. Meanwhile the economy is cruising right along leaving the haters behind.

Most of the problems we have right now are our own creation. Trump didn't divide us, we divided ourselves. Meanwhile the economy is cruising right along leaving the haters behind.
Totally agree. When in doubt see what Shakespeare had to say about the subject:

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves that we are underlings...."

Can you also remind people NOT to believe in the media because I think the meddling media has more "effect" on our society than politicians. The politicians are basically puppets imo.

You will always be disappointed. Always. No matter how strongly you idolize a politician and how much you look past their faults, they will still never live up to their slogans.

Clinton (the third way) Okay he benefited from the dotcom boom but he was freaking impeached.
Reagan (morning in America). Well he came closest but remember how the debt exploded due to trickle down --- and I loved the guy

And now President Trump (make America great again). Okay take a look at The political dialogue on this board and elsewhere and tell me this feels like "great"

My point is that Americans who put their faith in these losers are wasting energy. Better to put your energy in to making America great one interaction at a time, with your neighbor, with your coworkers, with your family.

Act like you are part of a great country, with pride, civility and positivity. If we all try this it will improve everything, politicians will only keep dividing us (any politician) to get votes. Urge policies of elected officials that comport with your beliefs with tenacity and with understanding.

If you wait for politicians to do this for you, you might as wait for a little league team to win the World Series.

You fail to understand why Americans look to only one man for their salvation. It is the Progressive way.

That is because Progressives are collectivists. They fight to centralize power, so it behooves them to sell us on the notion that one man can and should solve all of our problems. That is why you see Dims praise their candidates as intellectual giants who are super duper qualified for the job, while their opponents are painted as incompetent. It is also why the American people have been conditioned to vote ONLY when it is a Presidential election. Just try asking anyone who their Congressman is and you will get blank stares. Hell, just ask them who the VP is and they will be confounded.

To drive this home, look how collectivists in the former USSR and China and even Venezuela behave once their glorious leader dies. They put them under glass, like they did Lenin and Moa, with the implication that they are still with us, so we still have hope.

If you really want things to change, support your local Article V movement. The decentralization of the government to return the nation to Federalism is the key. The Progressive movement has completely changed government over the last century into a collectivist war machine, just like those they fought off in Europe during the 20th century.

The flaw in your theory is that Trump is not a politician.

He lied to the American people that he was going to put Hillary in jail, didn't he?

He lied by telling us that Ted Cruz's father killed JFK, didn't he?

No, Trump is a politician, just like the rest.

I think Trump is a far better person for the WH than was Obozo. That said, I'm still not 100% convinced of his true intentions. Sometimes I think he may have started out with good American intentions then met with the force of the "Establishment" and was put on a "corrected" course that would benefit the said establishment. He's still saying the right things (mostly) and most of his actions seem to still follow the campaign rhetoric.....but I'm withholding final judgment.

Assuming his intentions are as expected by his supporters, I do realize he still has a hell of a battle against people like the Clintons, Mueller, James Commie, Paul Lyin Ryan, Mitch McCommie and other establishment hacks.

He lied to the American people that he was going to put Hillary in jail, didn't he?

I'm not so sure that "lying" in and of itself makes one a politician......

But is certainly a good start towards becoming one and definitely a job requirement apparently.

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you say "I'm going to cut the grass today", and your wifes car breaks down so you have to go get her and fix it, and are unable to cut the yard, are you a liar?

"My guy's different" is what you are saying. It's not about who he is or what he is. It's about whether it is prudent, based on the past presidents, to put absolute faith in him. I'd rather put absolute faith in my fellow citizens.

"My guy's different" is what you are saying. It's not about who he is or what he is. It's about whether it is prudent, based on the past presidents, to put absolute faith in him. I'd rather put absolute faith in my fellow citizens.
I was clear on what I said. No need for you to twist it to mean something else. What i said is that Trump is not a politician.

You fail to understand why Americans look to only one man for their salvation. It is the Progressive way.

That is because Progressives are collectivists. They fight to centralize power, so it behooves them to sell us on the notion that one man can and should solve all of our problems. That is why you see Dims praise their candidates as intellectual giants who are super duper qualified for the job, while their opponents are painted as incompetent. It is also why the American people have been conditioned to vote ONLY when it is a Presidential election. Just try asking anyone who their Congressman is and you will get blank stares. Hell, just ask them who the VP is and they will be confounded.

To drive this home, look how collectivists in the former USSR and China and even Venezuela behave once their glorious leader dies. They put them under glass, like they did Lenin and Moa, with the implication that they are still with us, so we still have hope.

If you really want things to change, support your local Article V movement. The decentralization of the government to return the nation to Federalism is the key. The Progressive movement has completely changed government over the last century into a collectivist war machine, just like those they fought off in Europe during the 20th century.
Yeah look at all the Progressives who are blindly following President Trump. His followers are somewhat rabid in their belief he can do no wrong, just as Obama's rabid followers could not conceive of him doing wrong. In short I don't believe this is a political issue. It is an issue in ourselves.

Yeah look at all the Progressives who are blindly following President Trump. His followers are somewhat rabid in their belief he can do no wrong, just as Obama's rabid followers could not conceive of him doing wrong. In short I don't believe this is a political issue. It is an issue in ourselves.
No we are not, and your claim is completely false. You opinion is on no way rooted in reality, it's just another regressive attack on those who destroyed your criminals chance at the WH.

I was clear on what I said. No need for you to twist it to mean something else. What i said is that Trump is not a politician.
I agree he is not a politician. Doesn't change my point at all. People are trusting him 100 percent to do a job they can do themselves. To make America great. To continue America's greatness.

To say "oh Trump is different than all the rest" is sort of what the Obama followers said about their guy. Carter was different too. Same song, different notes. As long as we think our guy is the one, he can do no wrong, we are giving up our power to change our world for the better.

Our economy is crippled due to manufacturing losses. If you're just talking about the stock market......GLWT.

There are some sectors that are showing improvement, but overall we are still at a terrible disadvantage to China for example.

What do you see as the foundation for all this economic progress? Wall Street?

No we are not, and your claim is completely false. You opinion is on no way rooted in reality, it's just another regressive attack on those who destroyed your criminals chance at the WH.
Yes I see. Despite being a conservative for thirty years I have questioned the orthodoxy of Trump and therefore am the enemy. Well done. You demonstrate well exactly the divisiveness that results from blind loyalty.

I agree he is not a politician. Doesn't change my point at all. People are trusting him 100 percent to do a job they can do themselves. To make America great. To continue America's greatness.

To say "oh Trump is different than all the rest" is sort of what the Obama followers said about their guy. Carter was different too. Same song, different notes. As long as we think our guy is the one, he can do no wrong, we are giving up our power to change our world for the better.

Good point. and I mostly agree.
People tend to take the easy path....cast their vote then sit back and wait for things to improve.......not

They are doing the same thing and playing a dangerous game with their freedom....."hoping" that a piece of paper called the Constitution" will protect them from tyrants rather than realizing it is actually We The People who must protect the Constitution from tyrants.

What people fail to understand is, the corruption and scope of the US federal government is so beyond any one man, that there is no real hope for it now.

Just look at what is going on now. Trump creates an Executive Order to ban Muslim immigration and the courts stop him, even though Obama did the exact same thing at one time and nothing was said or done about it. Or Trump is there to finally sign the repeal of Obamacare, but the GOP won't repeal it again like they did under Obama because they knew Obama would veto it as where Trump would not.

Trump is there for only one thing, and that is to reenergize the desperately corrupt Democrat party to win more elections. Meanwhile, Trump will accomplish nothing.

Our economy is crippled due to manufacturing losses. If you're just talking about the stock market......GLWT.

There are some sectors that are showing improvement, but overall we are still at a terrible disadvantage to China for example.

What do you see as the foundation for all this economic progress? Wall Street?
Economically I would argue that the problem is cost of inputs. We are not competitive with China and other emerging countries due to labor inputs being lower there than here. We have compensated by being innovative and cutting costs in raw inputs and mechanization but if we don't keep up on that then we will inevitably have to lower wages to compete with the rest of the world because hoping their wages will rise is probably a vain hope and won't take place for generations. Walmart and Costco are complicit in buying foreign cheap products and we are complicit in demanding them.

Forum List

Back