When you believe a politician can change things

You will always be disappointed. Always. No matter how strongly you idolize a politician and how much you look past their faults, they will still never live up to their slogans.

Obama (hope and change). Bwahaha what hope? No change!
Dubya (defeat terrorists by war). 16 years later...
Clinton (the third way) Okay he benefited from the dotcom boom but he was freaking impeached.
Reagan (morning in America). Well he came closest but remember how the debt exploded due to trickle down --- and I loved the guy

And now President Trump (make America great again). Okay take a look at The political dialogue on this board and elsewhere and tell me this feels like "great"

My point is that Americans who put their faith in these losers are wasting energy. Better to put your energy in to making America great one interaction at a time, with your neighbor, with your coworkers, with your family.

Act like you are part of a great country, with pride, civility and positivity. If we all try this it will improve everything, politicians will only keep dividing us (any politician) to get votes. Urge policies of elected officials that comport with your beliefs with tenacity and with understanding.

If you wait for politicians to do this for you, you might as wait for a little league team to win the World Series.

You fail to understand why Americans look to only one man for their salvation. It is the Progressive way.

That is because Progressives are collectivists. They fight to centralize power, so it behooves them to sell us on the notion that one man can and should solve all of our problems. That is why you see Dims praise their candidates as intellectual giants who are super duper qualified for the job, while their opponents are painted as incompetent. It is also why the American people have been conditioned to vote ONLY when it is a Presidential election. Just try asking anyone who their Congressman is and you will get blank stares. Hell, just ask them who the VP is and they will be confounded.

To drive this home, look how collectivists in the former USSR and China and even Venezuela behave once their glorious leader dies. They put them under glass, like they did Lenin and Moa, with the implication that they are still with us, so we still have hope.

If you really want things to change, support your local Article V movement. The decentralization of the government to return the nation to Federalism is the key. The Progressive movement has completely changed government over the last century into a collectivist war machine, just like those they fought off in Europe during the 20th century.
Yeah look at all the Progressives who are blindly following President Trump. His followers are somewhat rabid in their belief he can do no wrong, just as Obama's rabid followers could not conceive of him doing wrong. In short I don't believe this is a political issue. It is an issue in ourselves.

What people fail to understand is, the corruption and scope of the US federal government is so beyond any one man, that there is no real hope for it now.

Just look at what is going on now. Trump creates an Executive Order to ban Muslim immigration and the courts stop him, even though Obama did the exact same thing at one time and nothing was said or done about it. Or Trump is there to finally sign the repeal of Obamacare, but the GOP won't repeal it again like they did under Obama because they knew Obama would veto it as where Trump would not.

Trump is there for only one thing, and that is to reenergize the desperately corrupt Democrat party to win more elections. Meanwhile, Trump will accomplish nothing.
My personal opinion is that most politicians start out trying to do something good then become drunk with power and veer into personal darkness. They all become narcissistic if they weren't to begin with. They are all in it for themselves ultimately and if they stay true to some of their original principles it is surprising. This is why I am never shocked when they pivot on their campaign promises because they all do.

You will always be disappointed. Always. No matter how strongly you idolize a politician and how much you look past their faults, they will still never live up to their slogans.

Clinton (the third way) Okay he benefited from the dotcom boom but he was freaking impeached.
Reagan (morning in America). Well he came closest but remember how the debt exploded due to trickle down --- and I loved the guy

And now President Trump (make America great again). Okay take a look at The political dialogue on this board and elsewhere and tell me this feels like "great"

My point is that Americans who put their faith in these losers are wasting energy. Better to put your energy in to making America great one interaction at a time, with your neighbor, with your coworkers, with your family.

Act like you are part of a great country, with pride, civility and positivity. If we all try this it will improve everything, politicians will only keep dividing us (any politician) to get votes. Urge policies of elected officials that comport with your beliefs with tenacity and with understanding.

If you wait for politicians to do this for you, you might as wait for a little league team to win the World Series.

You fail to understand why Americans look to only one man for their salvation. It is the Progressive way.

That is because Progressives are collectivists. They fight to centralize power, so it behooves them to sell us on the notion that one man can and should solve all of our problems. That is why you see Dims praise their candidates as intellectual giants who are super duper qualified for the job, while their opponents are painted as incompetent. It is also why the American people have been conditioned to vote ONLY when it is a Presidential election. Just try asking anyone who their Congressman is and you will get blank stares. Hell, just ask them who the VP is and they will be confounded.

To drive this home, look how collectivists in the former USSR and China and even Venezuela behave once their glorious leader dies. They put them under glass, like they did Lenin and Moa, with the implication that they are still with us, so we still have hope.

If you really want things to change, support your local Article V movement. The decentralization of the government to return the nation to Federalism is the key. The Progressive movement has completely changed government over the last century into a collectivist war machine, just like those they fought off in Europe during the 20th century.
Yeah look at all the Progressives who are blindly following President Trump. His followers are somewhat rabid in their belief he can do no wrong, just as Obama's rabid followers could not conceive of him doing wrong. In short I don't believe this is a political issue. It is an issue in ourselves.

What people fail to understand is, the corruption and scope of the US federal government is so beyond any one man, that there is no real hope for it now.

Just look at what is going on now. Trump creates an Executive Order to ban Muslim immigration and the courts stop him, even though Obama did the exact same thing at one time and nothing was said or done about it. Or Trump is there to finally sign the repeal of Obamacare, but the GOP won't repeal it again like they did under Obama because they knew Obama would veto it as where Trump would not.

Trump is there for only one thing, and that is to reenergize the desperately corrupt Democrat party to win more elections. Meanwhile, Trump will accomplish nothing.
My personal opinion is that most politicians start out trying to do something good then become drunk with power and veer into personal darkness. They all become narcissistic if they weren't to begin with. They are all in it for themselves ultimately and if they stay true to some of their original principles it is surprising. This is why I am never shocked when they pivot on their campaign promises because they all do.

And this is the main problem with collectivism and Progressivism. No one man should have all that power. Why is it now that only one man decides things like what doctor you see or what your child in taught in school, etc.? The whole system is ridiculous and is a complete opposite of how it was originally set up and designed.

It reminds me of the trilogy Lord of the Rings. Put on the ring and it changes you.

Most of the problems we have right now are our own creation. Trump didn't divide us, we divided ourselves. Meanwhile the economy is cruising right along leaving the haters behind.

Our economy is crippled due to manufacturing losses. If you're just talking about the stock market......GLWT.

There are some sectors that are showing improvement, but overall we are still at a terrible disadvantage to China for example.

What do you see as the foundation for all this economic progress? Wall Street?
GDP and a tremendous uptic in customer calls for service.

No we are not, and your claim is completely false. You opinion is on no way rooted in reality, it's just another regressive attack on those who destroyed your criminals chance at the WH.
Yes I see. Despite being a conservative for thirty years I have questioned the orthodoxy of Trump and therefore am the enemy. Well done. You demonstrate well exactly the divisiveness that results from blind loyalty.
As you could tell, if you could see, I do not have blind loyalty toward Trump. Why don't you stop with your baseless claims?

No we are not, and your claim is completely false. You opinion is on no way rooted in reality, it's just another regressive attack on those who destroyed your criminals chance at the WH.
Yes I see. Despite being a conservative for thirty years I have questioned the orthodoxy of Trump and therefore am the enemy. Well done. You demonstrate well exactly the divisiveness that results from blind loyalty.
As you could tell, if you could see, I do not have blind loyalty toward Trump. Why don't you stop with your baseless claims?
Fair enough. In return stop suggesting people who disagree with you are per se Hillary supporters and enemies. Deal?

Fair enough. In return stop suggesting people who disagree with you are per se Hillary supporters and enemies. Deal?
That should be fairly easy since I have never done that.

I know politicians can change
- I have seen several do so, switching parties after their constituents gave them the boot / rejected them.

:p

You've never suggested I supported a criminal for the White House?

I know politicians can change
- I have seen several do so, but it's usually called 'flip-flopping'

:p

Stand Up, Don't Stand By

Self-exclusion will only make things worse. We must force our illegitimate rulers and their chattel politicians to change this system from a republic to a democracy.

Most of the problems we have right now are our own creation. Trump didn't divide us, we divided ourselves. Meanwhile the economy is cruising right along leaving the haters behind.

Our economy is crippled due to manufacturing losses. If you're just talking about the stock market......GLWT.

There are some sectors that are showing improvement, but overall we are still at a terrible disadvantage to China for example.

Economically I would argue that the problem is cost of inputs. We are not competitive with China and other emerging countries due to labor inputs being lower there than here. We have compensated by being innovative and cutting costs in raw inputs and mechanization but if we don't keep up on that then we will inevitably have to lower wages to compete with the rest of the world because hoping their wages will rise is probably a vain hope and won't take place for generations. Walmart and Costco are complicit in buying foreign cheap products and we are complicit in demanding them.
How about lowering our obscene profit margins instead?

Economically I would argue that the problem is cost of inputs. We are not competitive with China and other emerging countries due to labor inputs being lower there than here. We have compensated by being innovative and cutting costs in raw inputs and mechanization but if we don't keep up on that then we will inevitably have to lower wages to compete with the rest of the world because hoping their wages will rise is probably a vain hope and won't take place for generations. Walmart and Costco are complicit in buying foreign cheap products and we are complicit in demanding them.
Shareholders. Besides, lower profit margins are short term solutions. Labor input imbalance globally is a mega trend in search of equilibrium.

How bout you move to another totalitarian country?

Now, now. He's a fellow citizen. He's entitled to his beliefs.

He thinks he's entitled to control the businesses others built. That bullshit doesn't belong in America.
Poisonous & diseased logic.

He thinks he's entitled to control the businesses others built. That bullshit doesn't belong in America.
Poisonous & diseased logic.
I respectfully disagree. America is all about diversity of opinion. You can love your brother and hate his opinions if you are open to being what is truly the spirit of America. I personally disagree with him on the substance and you on your hyperbole.

Totally agree. When in doubt see what Shakespeare had to say about the subject:

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves that we are underlings...."
We get the politicians we deserve.

Shareholders. Besides, lower profit margins are short term solutions. Labor input imbalance globally is a mega trend in search of equilibrium.
Midget Miltie and His Glow Bulls

Self-serving plutocratic transnationalist scare story. The only trend is the increase in their ability to hypnotize us with their oinkonomic light shows.

Forum List

Back