When Satire Becomes Reality: Nearly 100 Babylon Bee Pieces Have Become Fulfilled Prophecies

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

When Satire Becomes Reality: Nearly 100 Babylon Bee Pieces Have Become Fulfilled Prophecies

26 Mar 2023 ~~ By Mike Miller

Let’s just jump right in, shall we?

The Babylon Bee is irrefutably the best satire site in the known universe, in my not-so-humble, often-sarcastic (in a “good” way, of course) opinion. Satire is the most difficult kind of comedy to perfect (again, IMNSHO); the closer to the truth and the more prophetic, the funnier, and smarter, satire becomes.
This is precisely why The Bee stands alone at the top.

The Bee was launched on March 1, 2016, and over the last two years, nearly 100 of its “articles” have become reality — veritable fulfilled prophecies, as I said in the headline.
Founder and CEO Seth Dillon explained the Bee’s success to Fox News:
The problem isn’t that our satire is too close to reality, It’s that reality is too close to satire, so our jokes keep coming true.​
The Bee maintains a regularly updated list of its pieces that have come true, or at least partially true, some of which appear to have been written by a clairvoyant, due to their uncanny closeness to the real insanity out there — on both the left and the right. Dillon told Fox:
So we have a spreadsheet of nearly 100 jokes now that we’ve tracked. They were fulfilled like prophecies instead of punch lines.​
The Bee’s prophetic article, “To Improve Public Perception, Kamala Harris Taking Likability Lessons From Hillary Clinton,” was published in July 2021. A month later, Axios reported that a former Clinton advisor hosted a dinner with prominent Democratic women — including Clinton’s former spokeswoman — to discuss how to defend Vice President Kamala Harris from bad press.
~Snip~
As long as we, unfortunately, have the Looney Tunes Left, Joe Biden and the Democrat Party, and yes, Donald Trump to kick around, the longer the target-rich environment will remain.
That said, I’d be pleased as punch if the Bee only had the Democrats and the rabid left, from which to choose easy-to-satirize targets.
You?

Commentary:
South Park is going through the very same phenomena.
It’s getting harder to think up crazy, unbelievable stories, especially now under Uncle Joe’s Waffle Haus of Perversions.
If anyone has any functioning gray matter at all, it’s not hard to project where this Biden and Maoist Democrat mass insanity is heading. The real surprise is how many people are missing it!

The Babylon Bee is irrefutably the best satire site in the known universe, in my not-so-humble, often-sarcastic (in a “good” way, of course) opinion. Satire is the most difficult kind of comedy to perfect (again, IMNSHO); the closer to the truth and the more prophetic, the funnier, and smarter, satire becomes.

The Bee was launched on March 1, 2016, and over the last two years, nearly 100 of its “articles” have become reality — veritable fulfilled prophecies, as I said in the headline.
The problem isn’t that our satire is too close to reality, It’s that reality is too close to satire, so our jokes keep coming true.​
The Bee maintains a regularly updated list of its pieces that have come true, or at least partially true, some of which appear to have been written by a clairvoyant, due to their uncanny closeness to the real insanity out there — on both the left and the right. Dillon told Fox:
So we have a spreadsheet of nearly 100 jokes now that we’ve tracked. They were fulfilled like prophecies instead of punch lines.​
The Bee’s prophetic article, “To Improve Public Perception, Kamala Harris Taking Likability Lessons From Hillary Clinton,” was published in July 2021. A month later, Axios reported that a former Clinton advisor hosted a dinner with prominent Democratic women — including Clinton’s former spokeswoman — to discuss how to defend Vice President Kamala Harris from bad press.
~Snip~
As long as we, unfortunately, have the Looney Tunes Left, Joe Biden and the Democrat Party, and yes, Donald Trump to kick around, the longer the target-rich environment will remain.
That said, I’d be pleased as punch if the Bee only had the Democrats and the rabid left, from which to choose easy-to-satirize targets.
You?

Commentary:
It’s getting harder to think up crazy, unbelievable stories, especially now under Uncle Joe’s Waffle Haus of Perversions.
If anyone has any functioning gray matter at all, it’s not hard to project where this Biden and Maoist Democrat mass insanity is heading. The real surprise is how many people are missing it!

The Babylon Bee is the best thing to happen to Christianity (and the culture) since the Reformation

Yeah I said it

~Snip~
You?

Commentary:
The baby bee is the unfunny basturd child of the Onion.

Only fuckups who lack a sense of humor find it entertaining.

Like phax.

The baby bee is the unfunny basturd child of the Onion.

Only fuckups who lack a sense of humor find it entertaining.

Like phax.
Your sour post is indicative of your ideology and personality.

:dance:

I'm actually happy the Babylon Bee finally introduced the right to satire. If Osama Bin Laden could have had a website he liked that made him laugh, maybe he wouldn't have killed so many people.

I salute the Bee :clap:

Forum List

Back