When Romney gets the nomination.....

I can make the moral argument against slavery, just like I can make the argument why the Holocaust is immoral. But I'm not going to waste my time getting in the sewer with those who would argue otherwise.
Actually you can't make the argument. I know this because you've had ample opportunity over several months in multiple threads and have failed every time. It comes down to "You must be rayciss n shit" with you. That isn't an argument.

Really? No one ever argues against it on other than racial grounds?

Pretty much.
That and "it's wrong because it's immoral. It's immoral because it's wrong." Not exactly PhD dissertation material.

Actually you can't make the argument. I know this because you've had ample opportunity over several months in multiple threads and have failed every time. It comes down to "You must be rayciss n shit" with you. That isn't an argument.

Really? No one ever argues against it on other than racial grounds?

Pretty much.
That and "it's wrong because it's immoral. It's immoral because it's wrong." Not exactly PhD dissertation material.

Look everyone....

Rabbi has hijacked the thread and now it is all about him

Isn't that precious?

And slavery can be avoided: Don't be around when the traders come or else buy your freedom. You fail on that one too.
Just because there is something I dont want done to myself or my friends does not ipso facto make it immoral.
You fail as well.
You must support slavery because you can't come up with anything remotely resembling an argument against it.

Wow, man, now you are stretching.

I think we need to sell your family into slavery for a year, just to clear the point up for you.

And slavery can be avoided: Don't be around when the traders come or else buy your freedom. You fail on that one too.
Just because there is something I dont want done to myself or my friends does not ipso facto make it immoral.
You fail as well.
You must support slavery because you can't come up with anything remotely resembling an argument against it.

I think we need to sell your family into slavery for a year, just to clear the point up for you.

Yawn.
That's all you got??

You fail as well.

Yawn.
That's all you got??

That's all I need. I think even the other Wingnuts are backing away from you at this point.

Go ahead Joe.

I am sure you think you are capable of doing such a thing.

You also think you make good arguments.

That should tell you about how successful you'll be at the first.

What a jackass.

Yawn.
That's all you got??

That's all I need. I think even the other Wingnuts are backing away from you at this point.

SO you've proven
a) You are actually a liberal plant here.
b) You cannot make a logical argument.

Good.

No, I'm a conservative in the true sense of the term, not a plutocrat or a theocrat, the two factions that have taken over the GOP.

I think, last time I checked, the REpublican Party was formed by guys who wanted to END slavery. I think that was in a history book or something.... :lol:

Go ahead Joe.

What a jackass.

Well, if you want to throw in with the guy who has made numerous racist comments in the past and has argued that slavery isn't immoral (really? really?), go ahead and knock yourself out.

You know, this is the biggest problem I see with the GOP. I know a LOT of people who would vote Republican. They are socially conservative (if not religious), they are fiscally conservative, and they think government is too large and too instrusive.

But the reasons why they give me why they don't.

1) They don't like the religious craziness that infests the GOP.
2) They don't like the fact that the GOP puts rich people and corporations in front of working folks like them.
3) And they don't like the racism that frequently taints it.

This is why the GOP has lost 4 out of the last 5 popular votes. (Yes, they lost the popular vote in 2000.) They don't connect with the vast majority of voters.

And who do they want to nominate this time. The guy who belongs to a whackadoo cult that thinks dark skin is a curse from God, and made his fortune screwing working people out of their jobs.

Brilliant!

Go ahead Joe.

What a jackass.

Well, if you want to throw in with the guy who has made numerous racist comments in the past and has argued that slavery isn't immoral (really? really?), go ahead and knock yourself out.

You know, this is the biggest problem I see with the GOP. I know a LOT of people who would vote Republican. They are socially conservative (if not religious), they are fiscally conservative, and they think government is too large and too instrusive.

But the reasons why they give me why they don't.

1) They don't like the religious craziness that infests the GOP.
2) They don't like the fact that the GOP puts rich people and corporations in front of working folks like them.
3) And they don't like the racism that frequently taints it.

This is why the GOP has lost 4 out of the last 5 popular votes. (Yes, they lost the popular vote in 2000.) They don't connect with the vast majority of voters.

And who do they want to nominate this time. The guy who belongs to a whackadoo cult that thinks dark skin is a curse from God, and made his fortune screwing working people out of their jobs.

Brilliant!

Please show where I ever argued slavery was not immoral. I haven't made any argument about slavery. And neither have you.
You are not a conservative. You play class warfare cards, protectionism, and anti immigration. None of that is conservative.
The GOP won the last election. They have consistently won elections since 2008. They will do again. Your arrogant attitude towards religious people reveals who the real bigot here is. After all, you're evaluation of Romney was "Mormon? No way." Real deep, Joe.

translation: I cannot make a decent argument.

If you can't explain why slavery is bad maybe you think it's really not so bad after all. Ever consider that?
I dont recall ever posting I was pro-slavery. Please supply the link. I am challenging people to make an argument why an institution that is millenia old all over the world is wrong. And I ahve to say you are failing miserably.

I can make the moral argument against slavery, just like I can make the argument why the Holocaust is immoral. But I'm not going to waste my time getting in the sewer with those who would argue otherwise.

No, it's an easy argument to make. It's just more fun to feed you rope and watch you expose yourself. Unless, of course, you wish state that slavery is morally wrong and that you are merely being intellectually provocative, which I will take you on your word.

BTW, there are no moral ambiguities about slavery for "real" conservatives.

Please show where I ever argued slavery was not immoral. I haven't made any argument about slavery. And neither have you.
You are not a conservative. You play class warfare cards, protectionism, and anti immigration. None of that is conservative.
The GOP won the last election. They have consistently won elections since 2008. They will do again. Your arrogant attitude towards religious people reveals who the real bigot here is. After all, you're evaluation of Romney was "Mormon? No way." Real deep, Joe.

It's only "class warfare" when they fight back.

Never said I was conservative. I'm a pragmatist. Pragmatically, we can't go on as we are. We are a nation in decline, and we have to put an end to it.

The GOP lost four out of the last five presidential elections. Midterms don't count.

My attitude towards religious people is pragmatic. I don't believe in Bronze Age medicine, bronze age science, bronze age law, why should I believe in Bronze age religion?

And, yeah. My encounters with Mormons honestly scared the hell out of me about them. To the point where if push comes to shove, I'll vote for Perry or Cain to block Romney and if that doesn't work, I'll vote for Obama to block him.

No, it's an easy argument to make. It's just more fun to feed you rope and watch you expose yourself. Unless, of course, you wish state that slavery is morally wrong and that you are merely being intellectually provocative, which I will take you on your word.

Obviously it isn't an easy argument to make because you haven't made it despite countless opportunities over several threads.
Or maybe it is easy and you aren't up to the task.
Which is it?

It's only "class warfare" when they fight back.

Never said I was conservative. I'm a pragmatist. Pragmatically, we can't go on as we are. We are a nation in decline, and we have to put an end to it.

The GOP lost four out of the last five presidential elections. Midterms don't count.

My attitude towards religious people is pragmatic. I don't believe in Bronze Age medicine, bronze age science, bronze age law, why should I believe in Bronze age religion?

And, yeah. My encounters with Mormons honestly scared the hell out of me about them. To the point where if push comes to shove, I'll vote for Perry or Cain to block Romney and if that doesn't work, I'll vote for Obama to block him.

You never said you were conservative? So who wrote this:
No, I'm a conservative in the true sense of the term, not a plutocrat or a theocrat, the two factions that have taken over the GOP.
You speak the language of the Left. You are a poseur.

Obviously it isn't an easy argument to make because you haven't made it despite countless opportunities over several threads.
Which is it?

It's an odious, reprehensible argument, just like "It was not immoral to gas Jews in Auswitch." Some arguments should not be dignified and legitimized by a response.

Maybe you can't give a simple yes or no answer because you haven't figured it out yet.

Which is it?

It's an odious, reprehensible argument, just like "It was not immoral to gas Jews in Auswitch." Some arguments should not be dignified and legitimized by a response.

Maybe you can't give a simple yes or no answer because you haven't figured it out yet.

Translation: I cannot offer any arguments so I'll just spew invective.

You really are pathetic, know that? Something that you claim is as obviously wrong as slavery you cannot come up with a single argument against it.

Which is it?

You really are pathetic, know that? Something that you claim is as obviously wrong as slavery you cannot come up with a single argument against it.

Cool...

Can we talk child molestation and slaughtering puppies and kittens next?

Cool...

Can we talk child molestation and slaughtering puppies and kittens next?

Are you in favor of those things too? I guess once you support gay marriage nothing else is taboo either.

Which is it?

That's pretty funny coming from the guy who can't say that slavery is bad.

Next topic, Rabbi is going to ask why do people dis the Holocaust?

Because, hey, once you can't say slavery is bad, is it really fair to criticize genocide?

Forum List

Back