When Romney gets the nomination.....

Guy, because we have this clinically retarded system called the electoral college in place is nothing to brag about.

If Anderson hadn't been there, and if the hostages had been released, that map would be the opposite colors. Most of the states were pretty damned close, and I worked as a Reagan volunteer in 1980.

What you call "clinically retarded" was intentional by the founders, so large states couldn't put one over on small ones.
If if if. Doesn't matter. Reagan won by a landslide. Whoever the GOP nominee is will too.

Well I didn't. My 401K lost 50K. The company I worked for went public. My wages stagnated. My city got attacked by terrorists and we lost 3000 people.

Glad you did well.

But Bush was a fucking big time failure for NYC.

And how were any of those things Bush's fault? We had a recession coming before Bush got there, and we recovered from it. I took hits after 9-11, too. But I was back better than I was before by 2003. On the other hand, I've just muddled along since 2008, and we have another recession rising on the horizon.

Every one of them.

At some point someone has to own failures. Bush had a military that was the most expensive in the world. He failed to protect us.

Absolutely failed.

Guy, because we have this clinically retarded system called the electoral college in place is nothing to brag about.

If Anderson hadn't been there, and if the hostages had been released, that map would be the opposite colors. Most of the states were pretty damned close, and I worked as a Reagan volunteer in 1980.

What you call "clinically retarded" was intentional by the founders, so large states couldn't put one over on small ones.
If if if. Doesn't matter. Reagan won by a landslide. Whoever the GOP nominee is will too.

I'm just wondering. If Obama loses by the popular vote..but wins by the electoral college.

Will you accept that?

I'm just wondering. If Obama loses by the popular vote..but wins by the electoral college.

Will you accept that?

The vote of the Electoral College is what determines who becomes president, ding-dong. Why wouldn't I?
It doesn't matter. It wont happen. He will lose very very big.

No, they probably won't. If anything, this awful system you support probably helps Obama.

Things are never going to get bad enough where he has to worry about IL, CA or NY. That puts him about a third of the way there without even trying. In fact, I doubt Obama will lose any of the states that Kerry and Gore took the two previous times out.

That leaves us with just the 8 states that Bush won but Obama took, and the four or five that were close. Not seeing a lot of those states, with their large Evangelical populations, going for Romney. Not seeing Florida going for him with its large hispanic population

Every one of them.

At some point someone has to own failures. Bush had a military that was the most expensive in the world. He failed to protect us.

Absolutely failed.

Now you are being intellectually dishonest, guy. The recession was already under way when Clinotn left. It was triggered by the meltdown of the TEch bubble in 2000.

As for 9/11, what would have Gore done that Bush didn't? Seriously. No partisan rhetoric, how would he have stopped it with what he had in place?

:lmao:

So you prefer the pure democracy.

I prefer a system where my vote is counted equally. Don't you? The electoral college does the opposite of that.

And it's a really, really stupid system.

No, they probably won't. If anything, this awful system you support probably helps Obama.

Things are never going to get bad enough where he has to worry about IL, CA or NY. That puts him about a third of the way there without even trying. In fact, I doubt Obama will lose any of the states that Kerry and Gore took the two previous times out.

That leaves us with just the 8 states that Bush won but Obama took, and the four or five that were close. Not seeing a lot of those states, with their large Evangelical populations, going for Romney. Not seeing Florida going for him with its large hispanic population

The awful system I support is called the U.S. Constitution. Try it sometime!
If the GOP candidate wins every state from PA down through FL and then every state in the midwest except for IL and WI out to Texas then he wil win. He can lose CA, NY and IL and not have to worry.
Florida is not going for Obama.
You are hung up on evangelicals not voting for Romney. This from someone who is anti-religion is very funny.

I prefer a system where my vote is counted equally. Don't you? The electoral college does the opposite of that.

I prefer a system where I am not disadvantaged because I come from a smaller state.
It has worked just fine for over 200 years. No reason to change it. We don't need a mobocracy.

You should review why we came together as a nation. You have made your position on wanting a central government very clear. Although you may not even realize it.

If you think about it...having a 200+ year old business plan is clinically retarded. Most start-ups do a 5 year plan, max. We're still living under a document written before street lights. It needs perfecting. Obviously it's no where near perfect now.

If the GOP candidate wins every state from PA down through FL and then every state in the midwest except for IL and WI out to Texas then he wil win. He can lose CA, NY and IL and not have to worry.
You are hung up on evangelicals not voting for Romney. This from someone who is anti-religion is very funny.

That same constitution says black folks are only 3/5 of a white person. Until they amended it, anyway. It's not holy writ. It was written by a bunch of guys who thought slavery was okay and leeches were an acceptable way of medically treating people.

Now for your horrifically flawed analysis.

Yeah, Evangelicals, at least a lot of the ones I talk to, aren't going to vote for a Mormon, no matter how much they hate Obama. That pretty much rules out him getting NC and VA back. Possibly puts Indiana out of the running.

As for Texas. Well, gee, guy. Here's the thing. McCain only beat Obama in Texas by 900,000 votes in 2008. Since then, Hispanics as a percentage of the population has grown there, and you have lots of snake-handlers who won't vote for a Mormon. Texas is definitely in play.

Incidently, if population patterns continue as they are, Texas is a blue State by 2020. Then this electoral college you love so much will make it completely impossible for Republicans to win at all.

Florida Romney has a big problem. The Republican Governor there is roughly as popular a skin rash. So no, not likely he'll take that one.

Perry would probably be stronger in Florida and Texas and the Southern states the GOP needs to get back. Romney might tip Colorado and Nevada back into the GOP column... but that's not enough to really make a difference.

I prefer a system where I am not disadvantaged because I come from a smaller state.
It has worked just fine for over 200 years. No reason to change it. We don't need a mobocracy.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, you aren't disadvantaged. I have one vote. You have one vote. We are exactly that- EQUAL. Why your vote should count a little bit more because you live in the middle of a stetch of empty space is really beyond me.

And it hasn't worked fine for 200 years. Four times have we put in presidents who lost the popular vote, and they've all been disasters. We had game-playing like Strom Thurmond's attempt in 1948 to throw the election into Congress by splitting the electoral vote. You have crap like the end of reconstruction because of the corrupt deal to put in Rutherford B. Hayes that gave us another 100 years of racial discord.

That same constitution says black folks are only 3/5 of a white person. Until they amended it, anyway. It's not holy writ. It was written by a bunch of guys who thought slavery was okay and leeches were an acceptable way of medically treating people.

Yeah, Evangelicals, at least a lot of the ones I talk to, aren't going to vote for a Mormon, no matter how much they hate Obama. That pretty much rules out him getting NC and VA back. Possibly puts Indiana out of the running.

As for Texas. Well, gee, guy. Here's the thing. McCain only beat Obama in Texas by 900,000 votes in 2008. Since then, Hispanics as a percentage of the population has grown there, and you have lots of snake-handlers who won't vote for a Mormon. Texas is definitely in play.

Incidently, if population patterns continue as they are, Texas is a blue State by 2020. Then this electoral college you love so much will make it completely impossible for Republicans to win at all.

Florida Romney has a big problem. The Republican Governor there is roughly as popular a skin rash. So no, not likely he'll take that one.

Perry would probably be stronger in Florida and Texas and the Southern states the GOP needs to get back. Romney might tip Colorado and Nevada back into the GOP column... but that's not enough to really make a difference.

The current system is here to stay. Changing it would require a Constitutional amendment with 75% of the states agreeing to it. Small states would not vote against their interests and give up their disproportionate power

The current system is here to stay. Changing it would require a Constitutional amendment with 75% of the states agreeing to it. Small states would not vote against their interests and give up their disproportionate power

People said that about ending slavery, direct election for Senators. I think the real reason why it won't change is because the two parties don't want it to. Could you imagine them having to actually run 50 state campaigns every four years? It costs a billion dollars now just to run in a dozen "battleground States", most of which aren't major media markets.

and last you had McCain...
Before him Bush...

I think it's pretty telling that we'll never elect a "staunch" Conservative. :razz:

This country is middle right, always has been, probably always will be. Keep in mind that Mitt Romney took the state of Ma from a 3 billion dollar deficit and turned that into a 2 billion dollar surplus in just 4 years without raising taxes. That's certainly conservative enough for me.
Plus he has spent the majority of his life being an extremely successful businessman who has created thousands of jobs and he is the only candidate that will take China on. We are losing 750,000 to 1 million jobs a year due to intelletual theft by China- Mitt will slam the breaks on that.

If you think about it...having a 200+ year old business plan is clinically retarded. Most start-ups do a 5 year plan, max. We're still living under a document written before street lights. It needs perfecting. Obviously it's no where near perfect now.

Thats why the provisions for change were built in. We even knew we would make mistakes. Weve made many. Yes the antiquated systems should be updated upholding the original principles. SS is an 18th century idea. But forced to serve a 21st century need.

Where does it say in the Constitution that black people are 3/5ths of white people? Please cite the section.

I don't want to live in a country where New York, California, Texas and Florida get to elect the president. We see what happens on the state level. Illinois is virtually ruled by people from Chicago for that very reason.

You worked as a volunteer for Reagan?????????????? Really, then you should know that Mitt Romney wants to implement Reagan's trade policies, where it's free trade but it has to be fair trade. Reagan????????????? That's is hard to believe coming from you as I have read your posts.

Forum List

Back