When is it OK to shoot trespassers?

I CC every day and have always thought the morals and ethics of deadly force was the most important topic when one carries. Even more important than going to the range is have a good idea of when to use deadly force. Morally for me it is to protect myself and others from physical harm if that harm might cause death to some severe injury. If AZ law really says that a landowner could literally set up a shooting range on his property near the border with a ice cold Kool-Aid stand and pick them off when they stop for a drink. I think shooting people that cross your lawn and causing no physical theat makes you a murder. AZ might have lower standards...
No AZ law says you can use deadly force when you perceive a threat. In my case, if the cross all my gates, and get past my dogs, I believe they are a threat.

No AZ law says you can use deadly force when you perceive a threat. In my case, if the cross all my gates, and get past my dogs, I believe they are a threat.
If an unarmed person is more than 100 feet away from you he is not a threat.

Self defense laws are based on the premise that deadly force is justified if it meets the standard that the actions would be taken by any reasonable person.

Self defense laws are based on the premise that deadly force is justified if it meets the standard that the actions would be taken by any reasonable person.
It is the reasonable person part that throws a lot of them.

Nobody will make it within 100 feet of my house without using deadly force against my dogs, which makes them a threat to me.
I'm not on the way to anywhere. I own two miles of road. It is gated at my property line, and two other places. My entire property is fenced and signed. The dogs have free run of the 10 acres within the inner-most fence. Therefore, anyone that makes it to my house has committed violence to get there, and likely to do so against me as well.
Further, I might just keep it to myself. Nobody would ever know.

How, pray tell, do you know he is unarmed at 100'?

How do you tell he is? I'm sure I could see a rifle or a pistol in the hands of a person from 100 feet. I sure as hell could tell if he was pointing a rifle or pistol at me from 100 feet

The point is that a person has to be in what would reasonably be called imminent danger.

A guy that is merely walking on your land does not meet the imminent threat definition even if he is trespassing.

Nobody will make it within 100 feet of my house without using deadly force against my dogs, which makes them a threat to me.
I'm not on the way to anywhere. I own two miles of road. It is gated at my property line, and two other places. My entire property is fenced and signed. The dogs have free run of the 10 acres within the inner-most fence. Therefore, anyone that makes it to my house has committed violence to get there, and likely to do so against me as well.
Further, I might just keep it to myself. Nobody would ever know.
If you didn't see the guy shoot at your dogs then you are just assuming facts not in evidence.

I doubt that. I have every reason to believe at least one of twelve Apache county citizens will see it my way......if anyone ever found out.
I wouldn't bet on that

But I do so love to listen to you internet tough guys saying they'll kill this guy or that guy for basically no reason at all

I have a very good idea that you are just an internet badass.
Well I'm not sending you pictures...if that's what you mean.
Look I explained, I live off grid, past where the road ends. I have a big chunk of land. It is fenced and signed. I used to raise and train guard dogs, I never had one escape and cause damage. When legal weed came to az, the county literally asked me to grow, as they knew my place is secure. Right now I have five of my own dogs that think they own the ten acres they are fenced into. They hate everyone. (They do like cows, and horses) . To make it past those dogs, they will have to be killed. That makes anyone I can see from my house a threat. Pure and simple.
If you don't like that, then simply stay on your side of my damn fence. When the sign says"end of county road, private property" turn around. It really is that simple.

Well I'm not sending you pictures...if that's what you mean.
Look I explained, I live off grid, past where the road ends. I have a big chunk of land. It is fenced and signed. I used to raise and train guard dogs, I never had one escape and cause damage. When legal weed came to az, the county literally asked me to grow, as they knew my place is secure. Right now I have five of my own dogs that think they own the ten acres they are fenced into. They hate everyone. (They do like cows, and horses) . To make it past those dogs, they will have to be killed. That makes anyone I can see from my house a threat. Pure and simple.
If you don't like that, then simply stay on your side of my damn fence. When the sign says"end of county road, private property" turn around. It really is that simple.
Uh huh

Forum List

Back