When is it OK to shoot trespassers?

It's not your place to be judge jury and executioner.

And you all sound like a bunch of boys on a playground.

"I'll kill you if you step on my piece of dirt"

I'll give odds that none of you internet gunslingers would ever kill a person and bury the body just because he stepped on your piece of dirt. But maybe that's me giving you all too much credit.
It didn't used to be this way. I spent a lot of time on firearms sites and often engaged in use of deadly force discussions. I was trained in the service in the 80's and carried in private life whenever I lived in a state I could carry. I think understanding the use of deadly force is the most important aspect of carrying a fire arm. Prior to Zimmerman I learned a lot about the laws from attorneys on a couple of sites and thought through many situations. Almost all these discussions were serious, well thought out learning opportunities. Then came Zimmerman. After Z got away with killing an unarmed teenager these conversations went more toward shooting people stealing your push mower out of your shed on the back of the property. I noticed the Republicans that usually contributed to the DF conversations just kinda quit talking about it, the Republicans that did not really carry firearms or know a damn thing about it took over and sucked most of the oxygen out of the discussion. Guns good, them people bad was the mantra. It was a few years before it became interesting to hang out on this boards again. You don't shoot people that are not a threat.

It's not sensible nor is it reasonable to shoot a person for trespassing.

Maybe not today.
But admit it or not, societies are breaking down after 100's of years of relative stability.
Great societies rise and fall. The pattern of history.

As societies fall, law and order becomes less likely. Crime far more likely. Look around right now at the rise in road rage and looting etc. Self defense will become far more necessary and probably more violent.
We are but one food shortage away from collapse and chaos.

At that point you can throw your "sensible and reasonable" out the window.

It didn't used to be this way. I spent a lot of time on firearms sites and often engaged in use of deadly force discussions. I was trained in the service in the 80's and carried in private life whenever I lived in a state I could carry. I think understanding the use of deadly force is the most important aspect of carrying a fire arm. Prior to Zimmerman I learned a lot about the laws from attorneys on a couple of sites and thought through many situations. Almost all these discussions were serious, well thought out learning opportunities. Then came Zimmerman. After Z got away with killing an unarmed teenager these conversations went more toward shooting people stealing your push mower out of your shed on the back of the property. I noticed the Republicans that usually contributed to the DF conversations just kinda quit talking about it, the Republicans that did not really carry firearms or know a damn thing about it took over and sucked most of the oxygen out of the discussion. Guns good, them people bad was the mantra. It was a few years before it became interesting to hang out on this boards again. You don't shoot people that are not a threat.
I just don't see these people taking the responsibility seriously.

Why? You do it every day. On my property, I AM judge, jury and executioner. A man IS his property, his land, so I guess you're not a man.

And you all sound like a bunch of boys on a playground.
I bet you know just what little boys sound like too playing in a playground!

"I'll kill you if you step on my piece of dirt"
Try stepping a toe inside the fence of any guarded federal base or installation and see what it gets you. Funny, always rules for me but no three.

I'll give odds that none of you internet gunslingers would ever kill a person and bury the body just because he stepped on your piece of dirt. But maybe that's me giving you all too much credit.
Come try to break into my house and try to collect!

Why? You do it every day. On my property, I AM judge, jury and executioner. A man IS his property, his land, so I guess you're not a man.

I bet you know just what little boys sound like too playing in a playground!

Try stepping a toe inside the fence of any guarded federal base or installation and see what it gets you. Funny, always rules for me but no three.

Come try to break into my house and try to collect!
I don't judge people worthy of execution every day. That's a YOU thing.

Your land isn't a federal base is it?

And I'm not a thief or a murderer but it is clear to me that you actually want to kill someone

I just don't see these people taking the responsibility seriously.
And I think that is the problem. I have heard about this homeowner shooting a guy over 100 yards away, and Fox repeats over and over the guy was an illegal and the shooters elderly wife is left home alone while he is being held in jail. Surely Fox attorneys will point out human target practice is frown upon, even in Texas and Az

I have local bums trespassing on my business property continuously. I haven't shot any yet.

There have sure been times I have wanted to, though.

I don't judge people worthy of execution every day. That's a YOU thing.
Really? I didn't judge anyone worthy of execution yesterday! I better get with it! Come stick a toe on my property!

Your land isn't a federal base is it?
Nor does it have to be, the principle is the same.

And I'm not a thief or a murderer but it is clear to me that you actually want to kill someone
You don't have to be a thief or a murderer, and no, booby, quit playing a simp claiming I WANT to murder anyone.

God are you Lefties square.

How do you know where and when I carry? I

You internet gunslingers all talk a good game and quite frankly sound like a bunch of kids on a playground all bluster and braggadocio.

And just because you are too shallow a thinker to understand that there are more than 2 choices of political ideology and that everyone needs to be in one of 2 pigeonholes don't assume everyone you disagree with is as limited intellectually as you.

Yes I carry but unlike you internet tough guys I actually feel the weight of responsibility on me when I carry. How many times have any of you been in a real situation where you had to draw a weapon and not pretend internet scenarios where you'll kill someone for stepping on your grass?

I have had to draw my weapon on 2 different occasions and I am glad I never had to shoot and possibly kill a person. You all seem to be looking forward to the chance to kill someone.
I have no need to brag about anything. I have not bragged about running around like a cowboy with my gun strapped as you have twice in this post. I stated a fact. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings--naw, really I'm not. You are just text on a screen. Meh.

The only person judging on this thread is you. Somehow it seems important for you to let everyone know you have weapons and you've drawn them twice. OOOOO. Talk about jr. high shit. I have stated a fact that is within the laws of my state. If that doesn't settle well with you, I don't care. Odds are you'll never be within 100 miles of my place, so it is irrelevant what you think.

Really? I didn't judge anyone worthy of execution yesterday! I better get with it! Come stick a toe on my property!

Nor does it have to be, the principle is the same.

You don't have to be a thief or a murderer, and no, booby, quit playing a simp claiming I WANT to murder anyone.

God are you Lefties square.
Once again I have never voted for a democrat in my life.

But you keep playing internet gunslinger if it makes you feel like a tough guy and I'll continue to laugh at you

The only person judging on this thread is you. Somehow it seems important for you to let everyone know you have weapons and you've drawn them twice. OOOOO. Talk about jr. high shit. I have stated a fact that is within the laws of my state. If that doesn't settle well with you, I don't care. Odds are you'll never be within 100 miles of my place, so it is irrelevant what you think.
At least I know what a real threat to my safety is.

You internet tough guys like to pretend you're some hot shot gunslingers ready to kill anyone who steps on your patch of dirt.

It's pathetic

An Arizona rancher has been charged with first-degree murder and had his bail set at a whopping $1million for fatally shooting a Mexican citizen on his property.

George Alan Kelly, 73, was arrested following the January 30 fatal shooting of Gabriel Cuen-Butimea, 48, on his ranch in Kino Springs, just a mile and a half north of the US-Mexico border.
That's what backhoes are for.

At least I know what a real threat to my safety is.

You internet tough guys like to pretend you're some hot shot gunslingers ready to kill anyone who steps on your patch of dirt.

It's pathetic
Again, so says the guy who admits he has pulled a gun on other people and packs where ever he goes. Run along Snowflake.

Never.

That assumes that they are outdoors (because indoors would be B&E), and that they're not doing something else beyond trespassing, such as levelling a firearm at me or trying to dump a bucket of cyanide in the well water or something.

But geez, we used to cut through yards all the time when I was a kid. The appropriate response was to yell at us, not to open fire.

Forum List

Back