Children Being Charged as Adults

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago
I get that some crimes committed by children that are so horrendous that there is always the knee jerk reaction to try the child as an adult. But is that good policy? Is that justice or revenge? Is the goal rehabilitation or punishment?

It is a much stronger case for a 16 or 17 yr old, but how low can we go?

Take the case of Aiden Fucci he was 13 when he murdered a 12 yr old cheerleader in premeditated cold blood! The murder was gruesome. They immediate charged him as an adult and he is looking at 40 yrs!

Is this justice? I honestly say no (and I realize my opinion would change if it was my daughter).

Do children that young have the mental capacity of an adult when they are judging right and wrong? Most psychologists would say no, but our justice system will still treat them that way!

Or are some crimes so horrendous that age doesn’t matter?

I get that some crimes committed by children that are so horrendous that there is always the knee jerk reaction to try the child as an adult. But is that good policy? Is that justice or revenge? Is the goal rehabilitation or punishment?

Take the case of Aiden Fucci he was 13 when he murdered a 12 yr old cheerleader in premeditated cold blood! The murder was gruesome. They immediate charged him as an adult and he is looking at 40 yrs!

Is this justice? I honestly say no (and I realize my opinion would change if it was my daughter).

Do children that young have the mental capacity of an adult when they are judging right and wrong? Most psychologists would say no, but our justice system will still treat them that way!

The kid is lucky it wasnt my daughter who was stabbed over 100 times by that shitfuck. I would of pulled my .44 and blown his fucking head off.

Sometimes we as a society have to weigh what is good and just for an individual and what is good and just for the rest of society. What's the probability that he will be a murder as an adult if he started at 13?

kids know pain and are emphatic when one is hurt...do they know the absolute finality of death i am not sure...i am speaking of under 10 ish...teen agers are just a whole different animal...hormones and abstract thought are all new and confusing ...giving a teen ager a life sentence is harsh to say the least ...

The kid is lucky it wasnt my daughter who was stabbed over 100 times by that shitfuck. I would have pulled my .44 and blown his fucking head off.
I have 3 daughters and I couldn’t imagine the pain and suffering this family faced. I also realize, I would be out of revenge also and would want him to suffer as much as possibly, but that wouldn’t make me right!

This doesn't sound like the boy is a criminal as much as criminally insane. If he is criminally insane he should never be released.

A few years ago a very young girl lured a friend into the woods and stabbed her multiple times. She did it to please Slenderman, a made up demon. Periodically she comes up for evaluation. She cannot be released. She will kill immediately.

Impossible for even Solomon to answer satisfactorily for all ,imho.

Perhaps later lives can bring such apparent monsters to full redemption . But I would euthanize them .
Some will say that is barbaric and inhuman . But even if it was resolved "democratically" , my guess is that the vote would split close to evens and be the cause of never ending disagreements .

I have 3 daughters and I couldn’t imagine the pain and suffering this family faced. I also realize, I would be out of revenge also and would want him to suffer as much as possibly, but that wouldn’t make me right!
I am old school, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Now i could corner the shit and stab him also 100 times like he did that poor innocent girl, or just make it quick and easy with a .44 to the brain. At least i am showing a little compassion.

A Hopelessly Evil Character Is Obvious at a Very Early Age

Forum List

Back