When Is Enough . . . Enough?

What is your threshold for fighting back against lockdown restrictions?

• Loss of ability to celebrate holidays with family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss of ability to keep your business open/job

• I will never fight back. The government can have all my rights and freedoms, derp.

• Total voters
And what will it take to get Americans motivated to start defending and taking back their communities—at the local level and beyond? I live in Maryland, but I am originally from Pennsylvania. I am now not even supposed to travel a couple hours north into PA to visit my family. An hour ago Governor Hogan preached to his subjects (for the second time since last Friday) about the need to surrender more of our freedoms; freedoms guaranteed by our Founding Fathers, bestowed upon us by our Creator.

So, simple question—I'll even ask it again. How much freedom are my fellow Americans willing to surrender before they fight back? In Maryland, post the new restrictions Hogan is putting into place by tomorrow, more and more small and medium sized businesses will die. More and more average people will lose their jobs, struggle to feed their families and more and more young and old people alike will die of depression, either directly or commit suicide. And the same scene, the same stories-tragedies are repeating in every community in every state across our great nation.

So I'll ask the same, simple question a third and final time. When is enough . . . enough? How much freedom are you willing to lose before you realize it is time to take back our communities from the teapot dictators we call governors, mayors, county commissioners and school board members? How many friends and family members are you not willing to spend time with over the coming holidays? How many of them are you willing to lose to chronic depression?

Or has America become the land of the voluntarily oppressed and the home of the CRAVEN? Cowards, aren't we all?

Really need to unbunch those panties. They're on too tight. Enough will be enough when you and the rest of the virus deniers/hoaxers/liberty screaming/freedom loving patriots get the message. Wear a mask, socially distance, practice good hygiene, avoid large groups. Do the right thing, the virus gets controlled, the squeeze on hospitals and healthcare system lessens, the vaccine makers have time to work their magic, and the treatments get better and better. Keep screaming about individual liberty and this drags on...until a lot of people are dead or our healthcare system collapses. This is common sense. I don't get why you can't see the forest for the trees. The economic fallout, depression, suicides..all related to the fact that people are just stupid and can't be trusted to do the right thing. I know this will piss you off, but you don't see China with any big issues. They're getting back to normal. We're not. At least not with the carnival barker sitting in the WH.
Carnival Barker?

Biden hasn't been sworn in yet.

And what will it take to get Americans motivated to start defending and taking back their communities—at the local level and beyond? I live in Maryland, but I am originally from Pennsylvania. I am now not even supposed to travel a couple hours north into PA to visit my family. An hour ago Governor Hogan preached to his subjects (for the second time since last Friday) about the need to surrender more of our freedoms; freedoms guaranteed by our Founding Fathers, bestowed upon us by our Creator.

So, simple question—I'll even ask it again. How much freedom are my fellow Americans willing to surrender before they fight back? In Maryland, post the new restrictions Hogan is putting into place by tomorrow, more and more small and medium sized businesses will die. More and more average people will lose their jobs, struggle to feed their families and more and more young and old people alike will die of depression, either directly or commit suicide. And the same scene, the same stories-tragedies are repeating in every community in every state across our great nation.

So I'll ask the same, simple question a third and final time. When is enough . . . enough? How much freedom are you willing to lose before you realize it is time to take back our communities from the teapot dictators we call governors, mayors, county commissioners and school board members? How many friends and family members are you not willing to spend time with over the coming holidays? How many of them are you willing to lose to chronic depression?

Or has America become the land of the voluntarily oppressed and the home of the CRAVEN? Cowards, aren't we all?

Really need to unbunch those panties. They're on too tight. Enough will be enough when you and the rest of the virus deniers/hoaxers/liberty screaming/freedom loving patriots get the message. Wear a mask, socially distance, practice good hygiene, avoid large groups. Do the right thing, the virus gets controlled, the squeeze on hospitals and healthcare system lessens, the vaccine makers have time to work their magic, and the treatments get better and better. Keep screaming about individual liberty and this drags on...until a lot of people are dead or our healthcare system collapses. This is common sense. I don't get why you can't see the forest for the trees. The economic fallout, depression, suicides..all related to the fact that people are just stupid and can't be trusted to do the right thing. I know this will piss you off, but you don't see China with any big issues. They're getting back to normal. We're not. At least not with the carnival barker sitting in the WH.
Carnival Barker?

That's Trump, slinky.
He's El Prez right now. Still not doing anything to combat the spread of the virus.
C'mon, get with the voter fraud Trump train.

Do you also demand that your local water supply include lead in it?
When you get in a plane do you demand the aircraft have no contact with flight control?
Do you drive the wrong way on one-way streets babbling about your "right" to do so?

Freaking nutball. :cuckoo:

Do you donate convalescent plasma and laugh your ass off at people when they run away screaming because you aren't wearing a mask?

Carnival Barker?

That's Trump, slinky.
He's El Prez right now. Still not doing anything to combat the spread of the virus.
C'mon, get with the voter fraud Trump train.
A clown is a clown.

I know you have the IQ of a spoiled apple, but Europe and Asia are following those rules and it's not working.

Yes..and no. Europe is falling into the same trap we are. Letting the guard down. Going back to old habits. Thinking everything is normal.

I can't find any appreciable stories on Asia. Probably because as soon as they have the slightest bit of an outbreak, they drop the hammer on it.
You in Europe?

I was thinking China.
Between China and Europe they have armies of internet trolls pretending to be Americans

As long as we have 25,000 or more dying every month in the US from the virus, the only likely thing to happen is tightening preventive measures. As we move further into the season for respiratory diseases, deaths and hospitalizations are going only one way and that's up. Protests are not going to loosen restriction. What will help are better treatments and a vaccine which are in the pipeline but that will take months. As a friend of mine said, we made through 8 months. It would be a shame to give up now when an end is in sight.

I disagree—very strongly. In fact, I am an unashamed pandemic denier. Think carefully about what you have seen, if you can or care to. The disparities are stunning. Tell me, please, who gets to not follow lockdown mandates? Who does not get to disobey them? Therein lies our answers.

When you get in a plane do you demand the aircraft have no contact with flight control?
Do you drive the wrong way on one-way streets babbling about your "right" to do so?

Do you donate convalescent plasma and laugh your ass off at people when they run away screaming because you aren't wearing a mask?

Actually I have no convanescant plasma.
But I do have cashew butter. Yuge stockpiles of it.

So in your world people run around in the streets acting like assholes?

Do you want to sell it?

Do you want to sell it?

NAPE. I got me a deeeyul. Twice.

I'll stand up when those who think of such rules believe that there is no reason why they themselves should go by the rules. If they are not going to give up their way of life, why should anyone else?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back