Zone1 When I Say Whites Invented the Race Card, It's Because They Did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try, but I know about this and your comment is disingenuous. Whites gave guns to some tribes in exchange for captives. Africans enslaved captives from wars. This is why the Africans sold each other argument is disingenuous. A Ugandan is not a Nigerian but its easy for whites to generalize this in order to deny what they did.
That is the single most stupid comment you have ever posted and it just blew your whole premise out of the water. Now you are admitting that black kings and chieftains sold other blacks into slavery, but it was OK because they weren’t selling members of their own tribes. That’s what we, the sane, non-racist, members of this board have been saying for months.

Then you had the same people who claimed he was a Kenyan and was not American disagreeing with everything.

You can be Kenyan and American ... it's not a binary state.

Why would either one be better than another?

Whites enslaved and sold each other. But whites will denote nations such as the Irish were enslaved by the British. It provides specificity and allows all white nations not to be painted with a broad brush. And if whites armed one side then created confusion to start conflict, then it is disingenuous to state that Africans sold each other as if Africans ran up to ships with slaves for sale.

Then we hold each side accountable for what they are responsible for. 389,000 Africans ended up in America. So if we say Africans all agreed to this, 389,000 is the number of slaves Africans are responsible for here in America. The 3.6 million others are on white American slave breeders.

Last, slavery ended in 1865. Whites continued the oppression protected by law for 100 years and yet we still have to argue with whites who want to pretend that slavery is the only issue.

Whites enslaved and sold each other. But whites will denote nations such as the Irish were enslaved by the British. It provides specificity and allows all white nations not to be painted with a broad brush.

I can agree with that, but do note that in my post I did NOT denote anything. I said whites enslaved other whites.. and actually yes through history it was much more than the Irish. I think sometimes, you just don't realize people are not so stupid. (except for college students graduating in the last 25 years who think Africa is a country) (Iv'e seen the vid)

Of course even though "whites" say Africans sold other Africans into slavery, most people with any decent education would just know Africa is made up of regions and separate peoples so that slaves would be taken from a kingdom or tribe that was not your own (if you were capturing) ...And that not ALL Africans were taking slaves , just as all whites were not.

I would just say also that most Americans were just not taught in grade school about Kingdoms like Benin or the Yoruba or the people of the Masai nomads etc... So they are simply going to say "Africans "
but it would be pretty foolish to think that all Africans were responsible for the slave trade.

As to your one point

And if whites armed one side then created confusion to start conflict, then it is disingenuous to state that Africans sold each other as if Africans ran up to ships with slaves for sale.

No I cant agree with that 100%, because slave traders out of Africa had already been trading in slaves to the Arabs / persians... 1000 years before Europeans got involved. The industry had already been created. Though granted, Im sure there are specific cases of what you say

You can be Kenyan and American ... it's not a binary state.

Why would either one be better than another?
We all know why Obamas citizenship was questioned.

Whites enslaved and sold each other. But whites will denote nations such as the Irish were enslaved by the British. It provides specificity and allows all white nations not to be painted with a broad brush.

I can agree with that, but do note that in my post I did NOT denote anything. I said whites enslaved other whites.. and actually yes through history it was much more than the Irish. I think sometimes, you just don't realize people are not so stupid. (except for college students graduating in the last 25 years who think Africa is a country) (Iv'e seen the vid)

Of course even though "whites" say Africans sold other Africans into slavery, most people with any decent education would just know Africa is made up of regions and separate peoples so that slaves would be taken from a kingdom or tribe that was not your own (if you were capturing) ...And that not ALL Africans were taking slaves , just as all whites were not.

I would just say also that most Americans were just not taught in grade school about Kingdoms like Benin or the Yoruba or the people of the Masai nomads etc... So they are simply going to say "Africans "
but it would be pretty foolish to think that all Africans were responsible for the slave trade.

As to your one point

And if whites armed one side then created confusion to start conflict, then it is disingenuous to state that Africans sold each other as if Africans ran up to ships with slaves for sale.

No I cant agree with that 100%, because slave traders out of Africa had already been trading in slaves to the Arabs / persians... 1000 years before Europeans got involved. The industry had already been created. Though granted, Im sure there are specific cases of what you say
Your lack of agreement doesn't change documented fact. The African slave "trade" was a bit different than you guys keep portraying. There were battles going on in African for 400 years between Europeans ad Africans Thee were whites who were killed when they entered certain kingdoms. So this tale whites tell each other is not complete and that's done on purpose.

No, they wouldn't. And there weren't all thst many Africans willing to subjugate others. That's why Europeans would use divide and conquer strategies among rival tribes then give some African tribes guns in return for captives.

Whites invented the race card. It's documented fact.
WHITE liberals. YOU KNOW, the party you vote for.

We all know why Obamas citizenship was questioned.

Actually, no one questioned his citizenship (at least no one acquainted with the issue). The question, first raised as far back as 2004, and revived by Hillary Clinton when she ran against him in the primaries, was about his Constitutional eligibility based on the the place of his birth, not his citizenship.

The fact that there were statements by Obama (or at least not denied by Obama) stating he was born in Kenya and also in Hawaii, fueled those question.

Obama, and his people, probably would have done themselves a favor by immediately coming out with documentation rather than claiming the question itself was a racist conspiracy. As it was, it was well into the campaign, only four months before the election, before any documentation was produced.

And then in America they created a system based on a racial hierarchy therefore mastering the use of the race card.

"After “race” as a scientific term was first introduced by the French philosopher-scientist Georges L.L. de Buffon in 1749, the term was expanded into a system for the classification of the varieties of humankind by Johan Friedrich Blumenbach in his book On the Natural Variety of Mankind written in 1775."

"The concept of race remained a method of simple classification for almost 60 years until it was transformed into a component of a scientific theory defending slavery in the southern part of the US."

The Scientific Theory of Racial Inequality​

Faced with external and internal attacks and no longer able to defend slavery in the old way, the Southern ruling class came to rely on a new, stronger defense of the slave system. As John C. Calhoun proclaimed:

"It is not enough for the Southern people to believe that slavery has been entailed upon us by our forefathers. We must satisfy the consciences, we must allay the fears of our own people. We must satisfy them that slavery is of itself a right-that it is not a sin against God—that it is not an evil, moral or political. . . . In this way, and this way only, can we prepare our own people to defend their institutions."

Thomas R. Dew and William Harper responded to Calhoun’s call by uniting Buffon’s and Blumenbach’s system of classification with Aristotle’s defense of slavery: “He is then by nature formed a slave who is fitted to become the chattel of another person, and on that account is so.” Thus, the “scientific” theory of the natural inequality of different groups of humans was born as a justification of slavery on the basis of racial inequality.

All these men were white and they invented the race card. Then the made race a qualification for citizenship.

The Naturalization Act of 1790 states: “any alien, being a free white person,” could apply for citizenship, so long as they lived in the United States for at least two years and in the state where the application was filed for at least one year. This law allowed “children of citizens of the United States that may be born … out of the limits of the United States shall be considered as natural-born citizens.” Please notice the first seven words. Only whites were entitled to be citizens of this country.

That's playing the race card and whites have played it since the initial founding of this country. Whites perfected it by a series of supreme court rulings most notably Dred Scott v. Sandford and Plessy v. Ferguson. History is documented opinions and beliefs have no place in this discussion. I said whites invented the race card because documentation shows that IS what happened.
The "Race card" is when someone does something wrong and they try to get out of trouble by claiming that there is some of that invisible racism floating around in the air that we never actually see. When did this happen in the 1700s? Lets get a link because, i dont believe you know what youre talking about.

Actually, no one questioned his citizenship (at least no one acquainted with the issue). The question, first raised as far back as 2004, and revived by Hillary Clinton when she ran against him in the primaries, was about his Constitutional eligibility based on the the place of his birth, not his citizenship.

The fact that there were statements by Obama (or at least not denied by Obama) stating he was born in Kenya and also in Hawaii, fueled those question.

Obama, and his people, probably would have done themselves a favor by immediately coming out with documentation rather than claiming the question itself was a racist conspiracy. As it was, it was well into the campaign, only four months before the election, before any documentation was produced.

Don’t you have to prove your eligibility to run for office with the Federal Board of Elections? So maybe Obama did provide documentation. He just didn’t knock on the door of every single American and show them his Hawaiian birth certificate.

When misinformation is spread, the truth will not fix it. People do not choose to believe truth over lies. Humans believe the version they like best. Personally I like to believe Obama was born in the United States. It lets me maintain my belief that our laws are being followed. If someone knocked on my door and showed me Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate I still would choose not to believe it. I would assume the other side would respond the same way if Obama’s birth certificate ended up being from Hawaii.

Actually, we don't. We see a specific subculture in the white community that whines about a race card when they are called out for practicing racist behavior.
You are always in denial. You deny that blacks ever do wrong. You deny that blacks can be racists. You deny that blacks do play the race card, especially when it’s obviously not race related. My response in no way absolves whites, I don’t deny that both blacks and whites do wrong and can be racists. As far as using a race card, you really don’t see whites blame being white for their problems, it happens, but not much.

Actually, people who disagreed with policies Obama initiated they agreed with before is why some of that happened. Then you had the same people who claimed he was a Kenyan and was not American disagreeing with everything. Last you suddenly saw the tea party rise up who claimed to oppose spending when Obama proposed the stimulus who didn't mind the spending for 2 wars. People were not called racists just because they disagreed with Obama.

View attachment 705183

This system was built based on race. And it was done to provide white preference. Blacks playing race cards is not why states are gerrymandering districts or creating voter suppression policies. Blacks playing the race carr is not why white Edward Blum has tried for years to end AA. The race card played by white cops has led to serious disparities in the justice system. The same goes for why blacks have always had double the unemployment of whites. I don't think both sides play the card equally.
Yes, people were definitely called racist for disagreeing with Obama’s policies. I objected to the Obamacare scheme, as I knew there was no way it would be fair and without negative consequences to a good portion of Americans. When I expressed that to someone I had never met before, instead of asking me to expound on what the negative consequences might be, he said “you just don’t like it because a black man thought of it.”

Yes, people were definitely called racist for disagreeing with Obama’s policies. I objected to the Obamacare scheme, as I knew there was no way it would be fair and without negative consequences to a good portion of Americans. When I expressed that to someone I had never met before, instead of asking me to expound on what the negative consequences might be, he said “you just don’t like it because a black man thought of it.”

I’m the odd conservative that thinks the Affordable Care Act was not only a great idea. It was also done without a hitch excluding the early weeks when the website wasn’t built for the amount of traffic it received. I just remember the $400 Work Credit administered when Bush was president that got all screwed up. The Affordable Care Act made the tax returns super complicated yet there were few if not any issues at all. It was top notch administrative work. I also praise the affordable care act from a policy perspective. It was a remedy that was long overdue. And do you see that it is still around 12 years later despite its unpopularity? That’s because it is good policy. This post is getting too long. I’ll continue

Rant continued…. The biggest beneficiary of the Affordable Care Act was State governments hands down. There is not one single American that believes they should pay for medical care. Either the government should pay, the doctor should do it as charity, or the insurance company should pay for it. Take your pick. It is rare to find a person that will write a check for any medical expense without disdain if not outright protest. This leads to a lot of unpaid medical liabilities. It is no secret that hospitals can’t function without money yet nobody wants to pay hospitals. (That alone is absolutely absurd.) State governments were eating the bulk of this cost. So now everybody pays at least something. If you don’t have insurance you at least pay a fine. If you are too poor for insurance you get it anyways. If you make a little bit of income you still have to pay something which is more than before. So basically we went from 40% participation to well over 90% participation. So why is it unpopular? Easy. People were getting a free ride prior to the Affordable Care Act. The Supreme Court ruled the Affordable Care Act as a tax. That is freaking spot on. That’s why people didn’t like it. No matter how complicated the medical industry is, people are having to pay more now than we did in in the past. It was a very creative tax that really reduced a lot of the negative consequences of a society that treats the medical industry as a bunch of subhuman slaves that don’t deserve to earn a living. This medical stuff is expensive. Somebody had to pay. Our old non system wasn’t sustainable. It surprises that very few people can discuss the Affordable Care Act as good policy/bad policy but instead make it political and stupid. It was a probably the most effective law passed in the 21st century.

Actually, it wouldn't. If even one of your parents are American, you can run for president.
You’re right. So what was all the brouhaha about? Even if he had been born in Kenya, his mother was an American citizen.

What it means is whites invented the ard, created a system with the card, play the card continuously while blaming others for playing it when they air legitimate grievances. This claim of a race card played by blacks was itself made up by a racist white man named Rush Limbaugh.

Remember opposing Obama policies republicans were for before Obama decided to mention them? We who actually face racism know what it looks like.
311202642_649983953155272_1465854460918781726_n (1).jpg

11219713_379612332234744_6546103162910262369_n.jpg

75196478_2542814252615135_3653637062759809024_n.jpg

The Obamas are the racists 44 divided this nation in his eight terrible years in office.

Last edited:
View attachment 711529

View attachment 711531
View attachment 711541
The Obamas are the racists 44 divided this nation in his eight terrible years in office.
Whites invented the race card in America. And what Obama said is right. There are 48 million blacks here and only 4 are named Obama. Now since he is a leader in the black community, he can speak to the experience of blacks as a population. This tired tactic used by right wing whites whereby they take one black person who is successful to deny the garbage the large percentage of blacks face needs to stop.

The Obamas are not racists nor did they divide anything. This country has never been united and what Michelle Obama said was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back