Zone1 When I Say Whites Invented the Race Card, It's Because They Did

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, there were obviously enough.
Again, white used methods of force to getf slaves in many cases. The belief that Africans all cooperated with Europeans to capture slaves is disingenuous. Furthermore, 389,000 blacks ended up in America. 9 times more blacks were produced by slave breeding than the number that originally came from Africa.

So I really think that Africans sold each other argument needs to stop given the fact that 389,000 blacks came from Africa and 3.6 million blacks were produced by slave breeding.

The belief that Africans all cooperated with Europeans to capture slaves is disingenuous.

The statement said, "there were enough Black Africans willing to subjugate". You said "No, there weren't that many".

Regardless of the actual number ... if it was greater than zero, there were obviously enough.

The statement said, "there were enough Black Africans willing to subjugate". You said "No, there weren't that many".

Regardless of the actual number ... if it was greater than zero, there were obviously enough.

Regardless of your opinion, the majority of blacks did not get here as you claim and 9 times more blacks were bred by white slavers than came here from Africa.

Regardless of your opinion, the majority of blacks did not get here as you claim

I never claimed any such thing. And, I agree, it was much more cost-effective to breed slaves rather than purchase them at auction.

However, slave trade with Africa peaked in the 1840's and was still happening, at a reduced rate, well after emancipation.

Tell that to the whites here and this is zone 1.

On me.

1664842273274.png

Most whites couldnt venture that deep into Africa without dying from Malaria. You do know Africans were selling each other to the Arabs since a thousand years before.
Nice try, but I know about this and your comment is disingenuous. Whites gave guns to some tribes in exchange for captives. Africans enslaved captives from wars. This is why the Africans sold each other argument is disingenuous. A Ugandan is not a Nigerian but its easy for whites to generalize this in order to deny what they did.

I never claimed any such thing. And, I agree, it was much more cost-effective to breed slaves rather than purchase them at auction.

However, slave trade with Africa peaked in the 1840's and was still happening, at a reduced rate, well after emancipation.
The African slave trade doesn't have a damn thing to do with Jim Crow or modern forms of continuing white racism.

And then in America they created a system based on a racial hierarchy therefore mastering the use of the race card.

"After “race” as a scientific term was first introduced by the French philosopher-scientist Georges L.L. de Buffon in 1749, the term was expanded into a system for the classification of the varieties of humankind by Johan Friedrich Blumenbach in his book On the Natural Variety of Mankind written in 1775."

"The concept of race remained a method of simple classification for almost 60 years until it was transformed into a component of a scientific theory defending slavery in the southern part of the US."

The Scientific Theory of Racial Inequality​

Faced with external and internal attacks and no longer able to defend slavery in the old way, the Southern ruling class came to rely on a new, stronger defense of the slave system. As John C. Calhoun proclaimed:

"It is not enough for the Southern people to believe that slavery has been entailed upon us by our forefathers. We must satisfy the consciences, we must allay the fears of our own people. We must satisfy them that slavery is of itself a right-that it is not a sin against God—that it is not an evil, moral or political. . . . In this way, and this way only, can we prepare our own people to defend their institutions."

Thomas R. Dew and William Harper responded to Calhoun’s call by uniting Buffon’s and Blumenbach’s system of classification with Aristotle’s defense of slavery: “He is then by nature formed a slave who is fitted to become the chattel of another person, and on that account is so.” Thus, the “scientific” theory of the natural inequality of different groups of humans was born as a justification of slavery on the basis of racial inequality.

All these men were white and they invented the race card. Then the made race a qualification for citizenship.

The Naturalization Act of 1790 states: “any alien, being a free white person,” could apply for citizenship, so long as they lived in the United States for at least two years and in the state where the application was filed for at least one year. This law allowed “children of citizens of the United States that may be born … out of the limits of the United States shall be considered as natural-born citizens.” Please notice the first seven words. Only whites were entitled to be citizens of this country.

That's playing the race card and whites have played it since the initial founding of this country. Whites perfected it by a series of supreme court rulings most notably Dred Scott v. Sandford and Plessy v. Ferguson. History is documented opinions and beliefs have no place in this discussion. I said whites invented the race card because documentation shows that IS what happened.
If libs go back to 1749 as the starting point for their black grievance then I suppose there is nothing to do but let them rant

IM2 lives in the past and wallows in his victim hood

He’s destined to live an unhappy life

The African slave trade doesn't have a damn thing to do with Jim Crow or modern forms of continuing white racism.

I never said it did.

I'm merely responding to the claim that African participation in the Atlantic Slave Trade was non-existent or negligible.

That just isn't true.

I also dismiss any argument that claims African participation in slave trading somehow negates, mitigates, or nullifies European / American culpability in the same.

IM2 is your every day sissy boi pretending to be a tough guy on the internet.
He knows who I am, he knows where I am and still he runs. C'mon son....

Actually, we don't. We see a specific subculture in the white community that whines about a race card when they are called out for practicing racist behavior.
I agree and don’t agree….and the example of Obama’s presidency is apt. Both sides pull the race card when it suits.

Object to Obama’s policies? Get called racist.

Vote forObama? Get accused of only voting for him because he is black.

Persist in pushing racist conspiracy theories like not being born in the US…get called a racist and whine about being called out.

I owned four slaves from 1984-1997 but it was illegal. Does that mean I have to pay reparations personally or does the government pay for those too?

Nice try, but I know about this and your comment is disingenuous. Whites gave guns to some tribes in exchange for captives. Africans enslaved captives from wars. This is why the Africans sold each other argument is disingenuous. A Ugandan is not a Nigerian but its easy for whites to generalize this in order to deny what they did.

Why do you hide from old white guys kid?

Obviously a Nigerian isnt Ugandan.. I'm quite aware of the varied ethnicities inside of Africa. that is probably why they WERE able to sell off the others they captured without much remorse.
Whites gave them guns? Africans had prisoners from wars? I don't dispute any of that and I dont see whats
disingenous, those captives were all from the African continent , thus they WERE all African. Unless you have a problem with the definition. A German and a Spaniard are both European.

I agree and don’t agree….and the example of Obama’s presidency is apt. Both sides pull the race card when it suits.

Object to Obama’s policies? Get called racist.

Vote forObama? Get accused of only voting for him because he is black.

Persist in pushing racist conspiracy theories like not being born in the US…get called a racist and whine about being called out.
Actually, people who disagreed with policies Obama initiated they agreed with before is why some of that happened. Then you had the same people who claimed he was a Kenyan and was not American disagreeing with everything. Last you suddenly saw the tea party rise up who claimed to oppose spending when Obama proposed the stimulus who didn't mind the spending for 2 wars. People were not called racists just because they disagreed with Obama.

1664848321088.png

This system was built based on race. And it was done to provide white preference. Blacks playing race cards is not why states are gerrymandering districts or creating voter suppression policies. Blacks playing the race carr is not why white Edward Blum has tried for years to end AA. The race card played by white cops has led to serious disparities in the justice system. The same goes for why blacks have always had double the unemployment of whites. I don't think both sides play the card equally.

Obviously a Nigerian isnt Ugandan.. I'm quite aware of the varied ethnicities inside of Africa. that is probably why they WERE able to sell off the others they captured without much remorse.
Whites gave them guns? Africans had prisoners from wars? I don't dispute any of that and I dont see whats
disingenous, those captives were all from the African continent , thus they WERE all African. Unless you have a problem with the definition. A German and a Spaniard are both European.
Whites enslaved and sold each other. But whites will denote nations such as the Irish were enslaved by the British. It provides specificity and allows all white nations not to be painted with a broad brush. And if whites armed one side then created confusion to start conflict, then it is disingenuous to state that Africans sold each other as if Africans ran up to ships with slaves for sale.

Then we hold each side accountable for what they are responsible for. 389,000 Africans ended up in America. So if we say Africans all agreed to this, 389,000 is the number of slaves Africans are responsible for here in America. The 3.6 million others are on white American slave breeders.

Last, slavery ended in 1865. Whites continued the oppression protected by law for 100 years and yet we still have to argue with whites who want to pretend that slavery is the only issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back