What's With All These Russian Ads?

I'm getting slammed with Russian ads on this site, one giant one across the bottom of my screen, and another in the top right. One was for a car, one has a picture of the sun, one has a young kid on a swingset, others are ads for banking (I can tell because they say '5.9%' I'm guessing that's interest) and some furniture?

I've never seen so many Russian ads before, this just started yesterday. Any idea why? Anyone else getting these?
adds are directed to your personal views as per the algorithms,,

so the big question is whats your connection to russia??

I'm getting slammed with Russian ads on this site, one giant one across the bottom of my screen, and another in the top right. One was for a car, one has a picture of the sun, one has a young kid on a swingset, others are ads for banking (I can tell because they say '5.9%' I'm guessing that's interest) and some furniture?

I've never seen so many Russian ads before, this just started yesterday. Any idea why? Anyone else getting these?

All the ads I get are coming from China.

Wow, you two fucking idiots really let the cat out of the bag! Now we know where the two of you are getting your orders and your information from (and probably your income, too). Great job!

Install Firefox as browser, with DuckDuckGo set as default search engine. Keep CCleaner on the desktop and run the scan and clean every time you get off the internet. This combination is efficient, effective and FREE. Problem solved.
That's cool, do you know if this combination works with Safari? Chrome? At work I'm on Google Chrome, and these Russian ads don't pop up on my MacBook at home. I do like this though, getting away from Google.

The ads you see are generated by the browser you are using and based on your browsing history. At some point you looked up something connected with Russia.
I remember looking at EV's, and I believe there was a Russian made EV I browsed at, but can barely remember, and now I'm slammed with Russian ads. Never had this happen before, those Russkies are either targeting our cybernetworks or slamming us with ads.

Right now the big one at the bottom of the screen is for Volvo, but that's the only word not in Russian.

For what it's worth, around election time I was clicking on the epoch times and I started getting Chinese ads. Did you watch an RT video or something ?

I've never received any of these.

That's cool, do you know if this combination works with Safari? Chrome? At work I'm on Google Chrome, and these Russian ads don't pop up on my MacBook at home. I do like this though, getting away from Google.
Google Chrome is one of the great Satans in my opinion. It is a browser from Google, pretty well guaranteeing Googles knows what you look at, buy, read, write, search, download, and basically everything else. Google is the nosiest search engine on the planet.
Firefox would replace Chrome as your browser. You still get to brows, travel the net, buy, sell or whatever you do, but ads will not follow you and definitely not between sessions.
DuckDuckGo would replace Google as your search engine. The duck is very privacy conscious, although I have yet to see that I am missing anything, I get fast search results, but the searches do not mean I am going to be marketed ferociously the rest or the session, and the session dumps when you close it down.
CCleaner is good at dumping temp files picked by work processes on your PC, or just from being on the internet. Dumping them religiously keeps your pc cleaner and quicker.
Your MacBook is an apple product, with different architecture and operating system. I suspect your iPhone is not plagued as bad as your work system, either. I do not own an Apple system, except our phones, but have heard they more resilient, keep less temp files where things can hide, etc.
If you work for somebody else, and they insist you use Chrome and Google, you are somewhat screwed, though CCleaner may help.
If you are going to clean up the work computer. Download, install and run Malware Bytes. I don't keep it on my system, but use it to double-check from time to time. In your case, I suspect it will take some time to run.
Another tool that lets you know what your security deficiencies are, what you are using, not using, vulnerabilities, missing security updates and general knowledge of your system is Belarc Advisor.
How secure your system is, strictly depends on how lazy you are. But don't get wrapped around the axel. Belarc will alert you to vulnerabilities and bad habits you never dreamed of or worried about, and tell you how to fix them. How far you take it is up to you.

That's your fault for typing Russia Russia Russia so often during the reign of Trump... We dont OWN these internet devices.. You are on the web to be used and abused by techno-fascists. Not gonna mention names of browsers -- but MOST OF THEM have "key logging" abilities.. This used to be CIA/NSA type shit that those agencies could never use on citizens.. But there's nothing in the Constitution that keeps the techno-fascists from doing HERE what NSA does in spying abroad,.

So suck it up.. You're now a cog in the gears of big tech tyranny,, They are reading and cookie-ing everything about you and SHARING IT amongst the mightly tech elite companies..

Google Chrome is one of the great Satans in my opinion. It is a browser from Google, pretty well guaranteeing Googles knows what you look at, buy, read, write, search, download, and basically everything else. Google is the nosiest search engine on the planet.
Firefox would replace Chrome as your browser. You still get to brows, travel the net, buy, sell or whatever you do, but ads will not follow you and definitely not between sessions.

And like I said above -- the browsers TEAM with the OpSystems folks or even the competition OS companies so that they can steal clues from everything you type to SELL to advertisers.

I was getting "Hot Russian Women Want to Meet You" ads all during the spying on the Trump campaign scandal.. Also some ads for a gay Israeli beach or something because of time spent in the Israel/Pali forum on USMB...

Now the hot Russian women thing could be because my secret "biz trips" to foreign countries 3 decades ago. But MORE LIKELY -- it's because I didn't COMPLETELY remove the key logger from a new installation of Windows 10 that Microsoft LITERALLY FORCED me to buy when I was hanging onto Win 7 for all those years on most of my machines.

I had Google ARGUE with me about not accepting some service on my phone last week.. I said "decline" and they CONTINUED to ask me questions about the install I didn't want. Almost smashed my phone.. We DONT OWN THESE THINGS ANYMORE... We ARE their revenue...

Forum List

Back