CDZ What's this about the Chinese purchasing 180 thousand acres in Texas ??

Doe anyone realize this is an an area that is only approximately 16 square miles? Texas has almost 270,000 square miles.
China owning even a half acre lot in Texas would make them crazy enough to go off Admiral. You're missing the point. America is awash in racism and hate for Chinese people. Not understanding that speaks well for you though! No harm in being honest. I'll be watching you closely for signs that say otherwise.

Uh yes, I find it unbelievable that we are allowing any American soil to be purchased by foriegners period. Rented or leased maybe, but never actually sold to foriegners. Do we own anything in China, and if not then why not ????? I don't think the CCP would allow us to own any land in China. I could be wrong, so if you've got information otherwise, please post it. Thanks.

It shouldn't be hard to understand at all. Canadians own land in the US and Americans own land in Canada. What's the issue?
Canadian's and American's doing business with each other eh ??? Ohhh beware of the Canadian's and American's doing business everyone... Ohhhh the HORROR'S there..

Meanwhile the CCP is our closest friends y'all... Yes the kind of friends that we can Trust with our puppies and grannie's. Pffft.

You heard it here folks - The extreme leftist are a national security threat to this nation and the world. Stay tuned. They are so bad, that creating a police state is the only way that they can rule effectively. The border soon coming under attack/assault is the first sign of unrest. Get ready folks, it's gonna be one heck of a ride under Biden.

Just my opinion. Could be wrong, but it's doubtful.

Trump finally gave up ? Can't blame him... Now he can sit back to become the most "I tried to tell you folks" president in history.

Doe anyone realize this is an an area that is only approximately 16 square miles? Texas has almost 270,000 square miles.
China owning even a half acre lot in Texas would make them crazy enough to go off Admiral. You're missing the point. America is awash in racism and hate for Chinese people. Not understanding that speaks well for you though! No harm in being honest. I'll be watching you closely for signs that say otherwise.
Wupp, there goes that race card... Right on time. You read like a cheap novel.

Canadian's and American's doing business with each other eh ??? Ohhh beware of the Canadian's and American's doing business everyone... Ohhhh the HORROR'S there..

Meanwhile the CCP is our closest friends y'all... Yes the kind of friends that we can Trust with our puppies and grannie's. Pffft.

You heard it here folks - The extreme leftist are a national security threat to this nation and the world. Stay tuned. They are so bad, that creating a police state is the only way that they can rule effectively. The border soon coming under attack/assault is the first sign of unrest. Get ready folks, it's gonna be one heck of a ride under Biden.

Trump finally gave up ? Can't blame him... Now he can sit back to become the most "I tried to tell you folks" president in history.

I'm not sure just what you were on about with all that, but I detected some racist hating for China and Chinese people.
Personally, I find them very good citizens in Canada and I have nothing against their countries of origin.

Besides your/our puppies and grannies, what's your point?

I'm not sure just what you were on about with all that, but I detected some racist hating for China and Chinese people.
Personally, I find them very good citizens in Canada and I have nothing against their countries of origin.

No you didn't hear a damned thing racist, but you wanted to play the card so bad it hurts don't it ? Why is it that people can't disagree with people's political philosophy, their culture, their character's, their tendencies, their action's, and other such stuff without you dummy's claiming racism ??? Do you realize how stupid that makes you look ???

No you didn't hear a damned thing racist, but you wanted to play the card so bad it hurts don't it ? Why is it that people can't disagree with people's political philosophy, their culture, their character's, their tendencies, their action's, and other such stuff without you dummy's claiming racism ??? Do you realize how stupid that makes you look ???
Racism is huge in America and Trump used it to his advantage. I've said repeatedly that Trump used the same tactic as Hitler did to demonize the Jews and try to make them the cause of 30's Germany's woes. This needs to be discussed now that Trump is finally gone.

One of Biden's first tasks is reversing the evil that Trump perped on immigrants.

China has been buying up American real estate quietly for decades. Of course it has been purely Chinese companies and citizens, no involvement of the CCP at all. Nope nothing to see here.

They've been doing the same thing in Canada. Just before I retired, I was working for a local lawyer doing rural real estate transactions in the Niagara Pennisula - "Foodland Ontario". Half the county is under glass, and Chinese men were buying up farms. No families here, just the men. Using cash. These guys couldn't even speak English. There's a process if a "non-resident" of Canada sells a property, but nothing when they buy.

Good farmland is $10,000 or more per acre. Where does a single farmer from a communist country, get $1 million or more, in cash, to buy these properties? And why are they doing this?

Kyle Bass on Twitter: "The Chinese have recently purchased ...
Dec 5, 2020 — The Chinese have recently purchased over 180,000 acres of Texas ranch land near the runway of the US's largest pilot training air force base ??

What's this about, and how does this happen ??

What do they mean by 'The Chinese'? Like anyone of Chinese ancestory? The actual Chinese government? Panda Express?
I'm guessing if the article reads in the way that it reads, then it sure ain't talking about Chinese American's. Hell Chinese American's couldn't afford any purchase like that. 180,000 acres ??? How much was that to buy one wonders ??

I'll wait for more than guessing. As I'm not even sure who you're talking about.
I'm reading it as the Chinese as in Chinese nationalist with business interest here maybe, but did they purchase the land or lease it I wonder ? One would think that the US government would be interested in the Chinese needing 180,000 acres for anything if it is Chinese foriegn nationalist attempting to gain some sort of strategic foothold in this country. A runway ??? WTH.
Soybeans dumbass. The runway is the spray plane strip. My bro has a mere 250 acres and a runway for spray planes(not his). Fun for the locals to drag race rocket bikes on tho. It's 1000-1100 feet I guess.Maybe 1/4 mile(1320) but I dont think so. My driveway is 900 and it's a bit shorter than bros strip but not much

China has been buying up American real estate quietly for decades. Of course it has been purely Chinese companies and citizens, no involvement of the CCP at all. Nope nothing to see here.
???? If you understand the Chinese Govt, they still control their citizens and demand loyalty to the Party run Govt upon threats to the people and their families for noncompliance. Even the Chinese millionaires long to be free, and invest in business visas as a shortcut to getting US citizenship. But as long as they have family in China they must comply with Chinese govt and the party line. California has long been criticized for businesses that provide tours where pregnant Chinese mothers give birth in US hospitals to ensure citizenship for these children. It's a racket, enabled by Liberal left with the same ideology: to take advantage of the democratic freedoms and tax paid benefits offered by US policies but WITHOUT responsibility to enforce Constitutional laws and protections. Because the Left won't police this, it opens the door to invite anyone to abuse the system. The rightwing understand the importance of enforcing Rule of Law as deterrence. But the Left believes in passing anything you can get away with by majority rule, court ruling, or executive order and wait for it to get challenged later. Then politically bully, censor, misrepresent and exclude the beliefs of the opposition so they cannot correct overreaches. And enjoy the benefits ill gotten at the expense of other taxpayers whose beliefs "don't count unless they get a majority or a judge/president in office" that can mandate otherwise. Instead of agreeing on Constitutional rules and limits, or having a Convention to make changes, the Left believes in amending rules by overreaching and violating them until or unless another correction is made after that. That isn't the process that other citizens and taxpayers agreed to, thus causing debts and damages that no one consents to pay for.

???? If you understand the Chinese Govt, they still control their citizens and demand loyalty to the Party run Govt upon threats to the people and their families for noncompliance. Even the Chinese millionaires long to be free, and invest in business visas as a shortcut to getting US citizenship. But as long as they have family in China they must comply with Chinese govt and the party line. California has long been criticized for businesses that provide tours where pregnant Chinese mothers give birth in US hospitals to ensure citizenship for these children. It's a racket, enabled by Liberal left with the same ideology: to take advantage of the democratic freedoms and tax paid benefits offered by US policies but WITHOUT responsibility to enforce Constitutional laws and protections. Because the Left won't police this, it opens the door to invite anyone to abuse the system. The rightwing understand the importance of enforcing Rule of Law as deterrence. But the Left believes in passing anything you can get away with by majority rule, court ruling, or executive order and wait for it to get challenged later. Then politically bully, censor, misrepresent and exclude the beliefs of the opposition so they cannot correct overreaches. And enjoy the benefits ill gotten at the expense of other taxpayers whose beliefs "don't count unless they get a majority or a judge/president in office" that can mandate otherwise. Instead of agreeing on Constitutional rules and limits, or having a Convention to make changes, the Left believes in amending rules by overreaching and violating them until or unless another correction is made after that. That isn't the process that other citizens and taxpayers agreed to, thus causing debts and damages that no one consents to pay for.
My post was sarcastic Emily. I am a very outspoken critic of Xi Jinping and the CCP and fully agree with you.

Uh yes, I find it unbelievable that we are allowing any American soil to be purchased by foriegners period. Rented or leased maybe, but never actually sold to foriegners.

Does that mean Americans should in turn not be permitted to purchase land in foreign countries?

It's not racism or hate, it is an understanding that China is an aggressive enemy of the United States, that has slave labor, real slave labor, and is committing genocide against various groups in it's control.........

Uh yes, I find it unbelievable that we are allowing any American soil to be purchased by foriegners period. Rented or leased maybe, but never actually sold to foriegners.

Does that mean Americans should in turn not be permitted to purchase land in foreign countries?

Are we trying to undermine their freedom? Are private Americans working for the U.S. government....the way every business in China is an extension of the Chinese communist party?

"There is no private ownership of land in China. One can only obtain rights to use land. A land lease of up to 70 years is usually granted for residential purposes. Foreigners who have worked or studied in China for at least a year are allowed to buy a home.
Is there truly private ownership of land in the US? People buy land, but if they don't pay taxes on it in most states, it is not theirs any more. Also, if Uncle Sam want's a person's proper badly enough, Uncle Sam can use eminent domain to take the property.

Thanks everybody.... Just figured I'd put this out there because it's just interesting how this stuff works. Unbelievable really, but these days not really.
It's a good topic to examine more closely in the CDZ section and so I was expecting that you would stand with your assertions and defend them.

You've been given the answers to your question on how this could happen. Have you no acknowledgement to offer that would indicate you can accept the explanations given?

If a topic is placed in this section with the objective of promoting hate and racism against Chinese people or China, I feel obliged to defuse it as quickly as possible.

I take it your motive was meant to find some answers?

Any ideas on why the facts are so unbelievable?
Uh yes, I find it unbelievable that we are allowing any American soil to be purchased by foriegners period. Rented or leased maybe, but never actually sold to foriegners. Do we own anything in China, and if not then why not ????? I don't think the CCP would allow us to own any land in China. I could be wrong, so if you've got information otherwise, please post it. Thanks.

Foreigners buy property in the US all the time.. My friend from Texas owns 400 acres in Canada. Trump sold lots of units at Trump Tower to foreign nationals.

Forum List

Back