What's the difference between public school and welfare

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Not a lot, really.

Public schools provide different services than other welfare agencies, but each welfare agency provides services that are different than those provided by other welfare agencies.

The most important similarity between public schools and other welfare providers is what many parents are only now discovering: Welfare recipients - such as parents of kids in public schools - do not hold the power over how the welfare distributed. Nor do they pay for the welfare. Welfare recipients are free to gripe about the amount, form, requirements, or whatever. But the agencies providing the welfare have no reason to listen to them. Tax payers pay for welfare and voters elect those who manage it.

Some parents pay for the schools through taxes, but no differently than any other taxpayer pays for the schools. Parents don't pay more for having more children in school, nor do they stop paying after their kids graduate.

Parents get to vote for the school board members, but so does every other adult who lives in the district. So, for the middle-class family with two working parents and three kids in public school, their votes count exactly as much as the vote of the nineteen year-old college freshman lesbian couple who have vowed never to have kids of their own because they are too busy being activists and influencers over how "everyone's" children are educated.

Libertarians warned decades ago, even when public schools were a source of great pride for people of all other political stripes, that when you let government tax "everyone," to provide something for "free," tyranny often follows.

It's like government run health care like the VA or social security.

The government will decide what you get or don't get and you can either like it or get bent

But hey, they are scared of us cuz we get to vote every 4 years.

LOL.

Not a lot, really.

Public schools provide different services than other welfare agencies, but each welfare agency provides services that are different than those provided by other welfare agencies.

The most important similarity between public schools and other welfare providers is what many parents are only now discovering: Welfare recipients - such as parents of kids in public schools - do not hold the power over how the welfare distributed. Nor do they pay for the welfare. Welfare recipients are free to gripe about the amount, form, requirements, or whatever. But the agencies providing the welfare have no reason to listen to them. Tax payers pay for welfare and voters elect those who manage it.

Some parents pay for the schools through taxes, but no differently than any other taxpayer pays for the schools. Parents don't pay more for having more children in school, nor do they stop paying after their kids graduate.

Parents get to vote for the school board members, but so does every other adult who lives in the district. So, for the middle-class family with two working parents and three kids in public school, their votes count exactly as much as the vote of the nineteen year-old college freshman lesbian couple who have vowed never to have kids of their own because they are too busy being activists and influencers over how "everyone's" children are educated.

Libertarians warned decades ago, even when public schools were a source of great pride for people of all other political stripes, that when you let government tax "everyone," to provide something for "free," tyranny often follows.
What's dumb is that you don't know the difference. Public schools were founded so we would have a literate citizenry that could participate in civic life like voting.

I had no idea public schools were a welfare agency.

Where's my free food, clothes, and housing then????
I had to PAY for my lunches in school.
My momma had to buy my CLOTHES while in school.
My momma had to pay for RENT while I was in school.

So WHERE does the WELFARE part come in????

Well, school is a place where children are sent so the state can fuck with their heads.

Welfare is a system where the state pays people to fuck indiscriminately in order to produce the children.

I hope that helps.

Not a lot, really.

Shows how Conservatives are against the education of the masses

They want an uneducated, compliant workforce to provide a low cost labor supply

Education allows workers to challenge their treatment and work to make it better

I'm a product of public schools, and I turned out pretty good...
What's dumb is that you don't know the difference. Public schools were founded so we would have a literate citizenry that could participate in civic life like voting.
Yeah, I get that there is some good in public schools. There's some good in welfare of all kinds. I'm sure there are people who grew up on welfare that became very successful adults. That does not mean that welfare isn't welfare.

I'm addressing the right more so than the left on this thread. The left loves free stuff of any kind, because they have no confidence in their ability to provide for themselves. The right often supports public schools as they once were. My point is that they are and always were welfare agencies doomed to the same failures of other welfare agencies.

Yeah, I get that there is some good in public schools. There's some good in welfare of all kinds. I'm sure there are people who grew up on welfare that became very successful adults. That does not mean that welfare isn't welfare.

I'm addressing the right more so than the left on this thread. The left loves free stuff of any kind, because they have no confidence in their ability to provide for themselves. The right often supports public schools as they once were. My point is that they are and always were welfare agencies doomed to the same failures of other welfare agencies.
Public schools are NOT welfare. Where on earth were you educated?

Not a lot, really.

End public education and turn it into for profit enterprises. Cross your fingers that your children will go to the Amazon Academies, McDonald's Kindergarten, Militantly Partisan ideology schools, etc. Your child can be a great source of profit for the wealthy, if only these liberal hurdles can be removed.

Most Americans are

I have friends on Long Island who are crazy rich. They grew up with what would be known as "old money". They send their three children to The Knox School in St. James, New York. Annual tuition for their rugrats, who stay at the school Monday through Friday, is about $44,000 a year, and they attend the school from grades 6-12. Mike and Susan will spend just shy of $1 million to educate their kids for seven years, and those little bastards are some of the most needy, maladjusted kids I've ever laid eyes on.

I went to public school and I'm successful. My brother went to public school and is successful. My daughter went to public school and is now wildly successful (I think she got that from her Mom, who also went to public school). My late step-dad went to public school and was successful. Mom went to public... well, you get the idea.

Mike and Susan's kids? I don't think they ever made a sandwich until they were in their teens...

Letting wealthy business people run things would only lead to $ for them and nothing for anyone else. We do not need a compliant workforce. What we need is a workforce that challenges their employers. One that immediately speaks up when they know their wages are below their productivity. A workforce that walks off the job when they are being taken advantage of

They send their three children to The Knox School in St. James, New York. Annual tuition for their rugrats, who stay at the school Monday through Friday,

I never understood the wealthy, who can afford the best, would send their kids away to boarding school.

I would fight like hell to keep my kids with me. They seem to look at kids as a bother

Forum List

Back