What's more important?

Most times I hold my nose and vote.
In my mind my vote is too important to do that. In fact I’d rather have the greater of the two evils if I had to choose. I prefer an official who I know is always my enemy over one who I must be constantly vigilant if to see whose side they’re truly on.

It can, if you're dumb enough to hold your party or elected representative as a role model.

I have voted for many decades and no one I have ever voted for represented my views.

I only vote against Liberals, but with no hope that the Conservatives I do vote for will do anything meaningful for me or the country.
What is meaningful for you? I'll go first. Affordable health care, a livable wage, free and fair elections, a safe environment for myself and my family, government services, like roads, bridges, police, fire, and education. Clean air, water, and a healthy thriving planet.

And I'll even go further than those meaningful things. Do I need much more? No, and neither does anybody else. Do I need five yachts? No! One would be fine if I thought it was worth pursuing. I can only travel on one yacht at the time.

For me, anything more than that is gluttony and greed. And, unfortunately, there is a percentage of individuals in this world, who are not only gluttons, but they want to make sure the rest of us aren't privileged to any of that pie. And that's what I think is what is meaningful to these so called conservatives. This is really what conservatives are talking about when they talk about meaningful.

In my mind my vote is too important to do that. In fact I’d rather have the greater of the two evils if I had to choose. I prefer an official who I know is always my enemy over one who I must be constantly vigilant if to see whose side they’re truly on.
The problem with democracy is that while we get to vote for the candidate we don't get to vote on policy. Look what happened in California. There were so many referendums that went against the wishes of the politicians that they were 'discontinued'. We send people to Congress, the State houses, and city councils, to do our bidding, but when they get there they do whatever they damn please.

The problem with democracy is that while we get to vote for the candidate we don't get to vote on policy. Look what happened in California. There were so many referendums that went against the wishes of the politicians that they were 'discontinued'. We send people to Congress, the State houses, and city councils, to do our bidding, but when they get there they do whatever they damn please.
Do you think if you had an authoritarian in power, that person is going to care about what policy works for you?

People can vote for prosperity, or they can vote for poverty. "81 million" voted to be poor, so here we are.
Or you can vote to keep the 1% of the Oligarchy in power, and you'll still be the working poor.

What does that even mean?
She's telling you, if the Republicans win, they are first going to set rules that will totally destroy our Republic, then second, they are going to pave the way for an Authoritarian by canceling out free and fair elections. That's what their end game is.

What is meaningful for you? I'll go first. Affordable health care, a livable wage, free and fair elections, a safe environment for myself and my family, government services, like roads, bridges, police, fire, and education. Clean air, water, and a healthy thriving planet.
Most want these things. The difference is how to get them. For example, the conservative method of lowering health care costs is for people to take better care of their health, not to insist on a massively expensive healthcare system at their disposal when their wretched lifestyle lays them low.

Jumping ahead to education, do you know how dumb 'educated' people are in regard to the subjects you mention? Those who are screaming the loudest about these issues are the very ones causing the problems.

For example a pilot program was started in a typical middle class neighborhood to recycle food waste. One had to sign up and agree to only place food waste in the containers provided. Within months the program was cancelled because people put all manner of trash in the containers, including even a deer head.

We don't have such a program where I live but I still separate my food waste from other trash. I freeze it until trash pickup day so it doesn't stink and attract vermin. The potential for energy from food waste is enormous. Sadly people aren't able to distinguish between food waste and other trash.

What people don't realize is that most of our problems are the result of irresponsible actions by individual people, thus they are unable to fathom how their behavior is either helpful or hurtful.

Last edited:
First, can we all agree that parents earning six figures should not get government support (i.e., money from other people, earning far less) to pay for their children?

…We send people to Congress, the State houses, and city councils, to do our bidding, but when they get there they do whatever they damn please.
Then there are two forms of response… Recall them or Bury them.

Do you think if you had an authoritarian in power, that person is going to care about what policy works for you?
Our elected, and unelected, officials are authoritarians.

We're going to try, this November
What are you going to replace them with? If it’s just the same old crap with a different label I it, have you really accomplished anything? I say NO. There must be a new breed of candidates before anything can change.

What are you going to replace them with? If it’s just the same old crap with a different label I it, have you really accomplished anything? I say NO. There must be a new breed of candidates before anything can change.
We'll have to see if a 'new breed' shows up. Lots of retirements on both sides of the aisle. It should be interesting. We actually need the Independents to form a third party, establish a rational platform, etc.

We'll have to see if a 'new breed' shows up. Lots of retirements on both sides of the aisle. It should be interesting. We actually need the Independents to form a third party, establish a rational platform, etc.
They would be slaughtered. They would be in what the military refers to as “en enfilade”… caught between two enemy forces fields of fire. It’s a position of inevitable loss.

Most want these things. The difference is how to get them. For example, the conservative method of lowering health care costs is for people to take better care of their health, not to insist on a massively expensive healthcare system at their disposal when their wretched lifestyle lays them low.

Jumping ahead to education, do you know how dumb 'educated' people are in regard to the subjects you mention? Those who are screaming the loudest about these issues are the very ones causing the problems.

For example a pilot program was started in a typical middle class neighborhood to recycle food waste. One had to sign up and agree to only place food waste in the containers provided. Within months the program was cancelled because people put all manner of trash in the containers, including even a deer head.

We don't have such a program where I live but I still separate my food waste from other trash. I freeze it until trash pickup day so it doesn't stink and attract vermin. The potential for energy from food waste is enormous. Sadly people aren't able to distinguish between food waste and other trash.

What people don't realize is that most of our problems are the result of irresponsible actions by individual people, thus they are unable to fathom how their behavior is either helpful or hurtful.
Taking care of your health is a luxury, most cannot afford. Which is why we need universal care. States like Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana with severe obesity, prove this. Even if these folks wanted to eat healthy, they can't afford it, so they spend their lives with doctors and hospitals, blowing up the costs. You just made the case for universal HC.

As for education, how dumb are they, and what specifically makes educated people dumb? How do you know the one's who put the deer head in the trash are educated? LOL! I hunt deer, and have friends who hunt deer. But educated, many are not. Bad example. We have trash waste cans and recyclable cans, and that is big help from an educated community.

You are on the wrong side of the argument when it comes to educated and dumb. This is dumb, uneducated, and poor. And it all comes from Right-wing policies and propaganda; These folks need education, sanitation, HC, jobs, good wages, and they are being beat down with Right-wing lies.

These folks have been made to believe they are receiving free money, when the Oligarchs own most of the wealth. How ironic is that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back