What's For Dinner?

mom4 said:
LOL! Archie, you kill me! :D

I don't want to kill ya..I was serious..try my old and proven receipe...mighty tasty...maybe I was trying to seduce ya to my way of cooking...but hey thats me! :smoke:

archangel said:
I don't want to kill ya..I was serious..try my old and proven receipe...mighty tasty...maybe I was trying to seduce ya to my way of cooking...but hey thats me! :smoke:
It sounds good, Arch! :)

mom4 said:
It sounds good, Arch! :)

and here is another fast meal that is also mighty tasty...I will ad lib the receipe to make it easier and faster...I do it from scratch as was taught to me by my dads mom...

1lb to 2 lbs lean beef(depending on the # of eaters add or decrease amount)
Brown in skillet(bite size chunks) with onion.bell peppers and garlic...add tomatoe paste and family seasoning..(in the fast and easy approach add ragu chunky style sauce) simmer for about 45 minutes or less depending on time table needs...Then place garlic bread or your fav toasted bread on a plate pour the mixture over the bread...add a topping of sharp cheddhar cheese grated freshly...and walla a instant and fullfilling meal...Damn I should really consider opening a restaurante' maybe in my future! :huh:

dmp said:
The onions will cook a LOT faster than the meat - don't add them until the beef is browned already.

thanks...I forgot to add that!

6oz frozen boneless skinless salmon fillet
2tbs dijon mustard
dill weed
lemon or lime juice

Microwave 6 minutes at high, or until flakes under fork, covered with wax paper. Serve with wild rice or your choice.

Smothered Burritos

Brown ground beef and season with Taco or Burrito seasoning. Mash up a can of pinto beans (way better flavor than canned refried beans). Spread a layer of mashed beans on a flour tortilla and toss it into the microwave to warm it up. Add beef to tortilla and roll it up on a plate. Ladle some warmed up green enchilada sauce onto the burrito and top with chopped onion and tomato, shredded lettuce and cheese and a dollop of sour cream if you are so inclined.

MissileMan said:
Smothered Burritos

Brown ground beef and season with Taco or Burrito seasoning. Mash up a can of pinto beans (way better flavor than canned refried beans). Spread a layer of mashed beans on a flour tortilla and toss it into the microwave to warm it up. Add beef to tortilla and roll it up on a plate. Ladle some warmed up green enchilada sauce onto the burrito and top with chopped onion and tomato, shredded lettuce and cheese and a dollop of sour cream if you are so inclined.
Way better! :thup: Do you add anything? I add garlic, onion powder and alittle oil. :thup:

I also add chopped Jalapeno on top of the beans/beef before I roll it.

I have to try the green enchilada sauce! Sounds great!

Mr. P said:
Way better! :thup: Do you add anything? I add garlic, onion powder and alittle oil. :thup:

I also add chopped Jalapeno on top of the beans/beef before I roll it.

I have to try the green enchilada sauce! Sounds great!

Nothing to the beans...the spice in the meat seasoning adds plenty of flavor. I haven't before, but will add some chopped Jalapenos next time to give it a little zing!

Forum List

Back