Whatever happened to the hyped 1gbps 5G Speeds?

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
T-Mobile's fastest 5G speed of 147.8 found in Chicago, was much slower than its own 4G LTE maximum of 235.5 Mbps. T-Mobile's median 5G download speeds were similar to 4G speeds, with the fastest in Chicago at a mere 34 Mbps.
My 4G max speed (different provider using their towers)is reaching only
3megaBYTES PER SECOND=24MBPS
It's usually throttled at around 8-12mbps and daytime slowed to only 2mbps.
The 5G will be only slightly better promising 8x the already slow speed, No way near the 1gb per second promised. Basically if you use your data at night on 4G it will be as fast as 5G in the daytime *L*.
Then they lie about keeping the same price for 5G, it is more then your plan, just as they lie about using the term unlimited. As long as consumers and society at large allow them an inch to always lie to customers, they will stretch the truth about everything, and I do mean everything. We need to straighten up how we allow corps label and promote products and services, as in keeping them transparent and honest. How can we blast other cultures and countries for their business behavior before we even clean up our own house?

T-Mobile's fastest 5G speed of 147.8 found in Chicago, was much slower than its own 4G LTE maximum of 235.5 Mbps. T-Mobile's median 5G download speeds were similar to 4G speeds, with the fastest in Chicago at a mere 34 Mbps.
The 5G will be only slightly better promising 8x the already slow speed, No way near the 1gb per second promised. Basically if you use your data at night on 4G it will be as fast as 5G in the daytime *L*.
Then they lie about keeping the same price for 5G, it is more then your plan, just as they lie about using the term unlimited. As long as consumers and society at large allow them an inch to always lie to customers, they will stretch the truth about everything, and I do mean everything. We need to straighten up how we allow corps label and promote products and services, as in keeping them transparent and honest. How can we blast other cultures and countries for their business behavior before we even clean up our own house?
Fuck all that stupid wireless cellular crap. I got them all beat with 50G going into my Mac Pro via fiber optic link.

Fuck all that stupid wireless cellular crap. I got them all beat with 50G going into my Mac Pro via fiber optic link.
I have 400G from Cox.

And your youtube speed throttles are still gonna be under 150kbps.

Forum List

Back