What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery Jackpot?

I'm not a constant player because the odds are so horrible, but the fact remains, you can't win if you don't play, and someone is going to win, and even though the odds are so bad, you're odds of winning are the same as everyone else's.

The Mega Millions is up to $314M, and that's usually when I get interested and play. So, question is, what would you do if you won that much money?

For me, I think the smartest thing to do as far as family is concerned is give them a one time lump sum to pay off whatever, and then set up a trust fund for them so whatever else you decided to give them would at least earn interest.

Far as myself, I'd immediately go full bore looking into ways to make money with money. I wouldn't just sit back and do nothing thinking I was going to live off it for the rest of my life. I'd want that money to last in my family forever.
I'd be on the first plane to Vegas

Double or nothing!!

Bet on black!

I'm not a constant player because the odds are so horrible, but the fact remains, you can't win if you don't play, and someone is going to win, and even though the odds are so bad, you're odds of winning are the same as everyone else's.

The Mega Millions is up to $314M, and that's usually when I get interested and play. So, question is, what would you do if you won that much money?

For me, I think the smartest thing to do as far as family is concerned is give them a one time lump sum to pay off whatever, and then set up a trust fund for them so whatever else you decided to give them would at least earn interest.

Far as myself, I'd immediately go full bore looking into ways to make money with money. I wouldn't just sit back and do nothing thinking I was going to live off it for the rest of my life. I'd want that money to last in my family forever.
I'd be on the first plane to Vegas

Double or nothing!!

Bet on black!

Sounds a bit racist.

For years, every week I played one dollar on each Lotto (pick six) and Mega drawing, for a total of $4.00.

When they raised Mega to 2 bucks a ticket I dropped that game like a hot coal, only playing when the prize was over 200 million.

When I hit a big prize, my first order of business will be setting up the counter person at the deli where I always play, with his choice of a small hot or cold drink, as well as a freshly buttered roll.

The second order of business would be repairing several scratches under the bumper of my beloved '72 Dodge Dart.

Peace.

I would move somewhere warm and never leave. I would spend every penny on myself, I have no family left. I am within a week of Trumps age and I would surround myself with beautiful women. I'm in good health and I would try and live forever. I would buy every big boy toy I laid eyes on and I would have my butler rip up all my junk mail before opening.

Me, I'd probably start acting like the Million Dollar Man, riding a limo, counting my money, get a man servant to drive me around

I’d open a chain of low-cost abortion clinics around the country, with an ingenious pick-up/drop-off service!

Well... no one has won it yet...

mega.jpg

I’d build a nice indoor swimming pool and donate it to the town I live in so I’d have a place to swim in winter.

I would set up education funds for all my grandchildren so they can have a chance at making a good life for themselves.

I would buy myself a nice little house by the lake, to live out the rest of my retirement.
My father just missed $12 million by one number. So he only won $2500.

If I won I’d still work but I’d tell my boss I’m only working half days. And he can pay me half. I work remote so I would work from Florida, up north Michigan or even Greece when we start going back. Other than that maybe a boat up north, a boat in Greece oh and I would need to buy a place in Florida. If I only won $3 million I would just buy a $125,000 condo not a $500,000 condo. My bro just bought a 2 bedroom it’s for 50 plus people has a pool and shuffleboard in ft Lauderdale 3 miles from the ocean.

Up north Michigan on my brow hunting property I’d buy a tractor and every other thing a hunting property needs.

My bro is already a millionaire and has 4 homes. It’s nice having a brother like that but now I need to buy a place in Florida. Lol. I can stay at his place up north and in Greece but Florida I’m going to need a place of my own. On day soon.

If my dad would have hit he doesn’t want anything I’m sure it would have been like I hit too, god damn it!

If I won the lottery jackpot I would cry foul.

Since I haven't purchased a single lottery ticket in my life.

Get a huge property, may be in the mountains, but also with access to the sea.... full of grown trees ...like a big forest......living in a cottage ......and have animals roam free there.....like a Sanctuary.......have Peace, have Love have Happiness ....

And after that I can die in bliss,:up:

Get a huge property, may be in the mountains, but also with access to the sea.... full of grown trees ...like a big forest......living in a cottage ......and have animals roam free there.....like a Sanctuary.......have Peace, have Love have Happiness ....

I watch a show called mountain men. Every character would be in heaven if they weren’t worrying about surviving. It would be wonderful to live like that only have no problem buying things you want or need.

I watch a show called mountain men. Every character would be in heaven if they weren’t worrying about surviving. It would be wonderful to live like that only have no problem buying things you want or need.

Oh yes, I agree. I don't mean living in total isolation, but always close to where you can buy things and all that! :)

First 3 phone calls would be my lawyer, financial advisor and security advisor. Bills and outstanding debts would be paid. Then my wife, the dogs and I would disappear, never to be heard from again.

... by which I mean everything would be put into a trust run by my attorney and my family would be living somewhere that nobody knew us, making next to no personal connections, living away from people and Society in general.
Sounds like my current life

I'd buy up any debts held by family and friends and cancel them, but then I'd also have to pay off their Cancelation of indebtedness income.

I'd start a charitable trust with about $20MM and use the annual earnings to anonymously fund the local Chabad, Kabbalah Center NY local ministries and other causes I come across.

I'd start another $20MM trust, this a Small Business Incubator Fund, and invest in local Entrepreneurs.

I don't believe in "never having to work again" everyone is here to do SOMETHING positively, constructive, impactful and uplifting.

A while ago I would have said buy a Striker yacht and fish out of Montauk, but that just doesn't do anything for me these days.

I'd probably buy a small farm where i could grow cannabis.

How would you go about helping the homeless....I have often thought about that process........just setting up shelters isn't enough to make them capable of standing up on their own.......I would use that money to try to find a way to do that....

There was a really good program set up in British Columbia, with a high success rate. They dealt with the health problems first. Most were suffering from some mental or physical impairment. Once they were healthy, or healthier, they were better able to cope.

I'd buy up any debts held by family and friends and cancel them, but then I'd also have to pay off their Cancelation of indebtedness income.

I'd start a charitable trust with about $20MM and use the annual earnings to anonymously fund the local Chabad, Kabbalah Center NY local ministries and other causes I come across.

I'd start another $20MM trust, this a Small Business Incubator Fund, and invest in local Entrepreneurs.

I don't believe in "never having to work again" everyone is here to do SOMETHING positively, constructive, impactful and uplifting.

A while ago I would have said buy a Striker yacht and fish out of Montauk, but that just doesn't do anything for me these days.

I'd probably buy a small farm where i could grow cannabis.
In Michigan everyone grows indoors and it only takes about $5000 to get everything you need. Oh, and by the way, growing pot is a full time job. It's a lot of work.

And I too would tell my boss I'd like to work but I'll only be able to give him about 4 hours a day in front of a computer. The rest of the day customers can reach me but I won't be sitting in front of my computer like I am right now. $50K plus healthcare would be enough

Forum List

Back