What Would You Buy With One-Half Trillion Dollars?

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
The highest price we have paid in Iraq and Afghanistan is the lives of our dead and wounded, including innocent Iraqi civilians murdered by terrorists. We lament not one terrorist death: may they burn in hell. By the end of 2007, America will have spent $500 billion in Iraq and Afghanistan; most of it in Iraq. I am for finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan. But today, I wondered about the $500 billion. Remember that phrase sometimes attributed to Everett Dirkson, “a billion here, and a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money?” What would you buy with one-half trillion dollars?

- 10,000 schools at $50 million each?
- 50 World Trade Center Complexes at $10 billion each?
- 2500 hospitals at $200 million each?
- 1000 university complexes at $500 million each?
- 25 Carrier Battle Groups with planes, cruisers, and submarines at $20 billion each?
- Permanent manned bases on the Moon and Mars?
- Freedom for 50 million people?
- Something else?

The highest price we have paid in Iraq and Afghanistan is the lives of our dead and wounded, including innocent Iraqi civilians murdered by terrorists. We lament not one terrorist death: may they burn in hell. By the end of 2007, America will have spent $500 billion in Iraq and Afghanistan; most of it in Iraq. I am for finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan. But today, I wondered about the $500 billion. Remember that phrase sometimes attributed to Everett Dirkson, “a billion here, and a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money?” What would you buy with one-half trillion dollars?

- 10,000 schools at $50 million each?
- 50 World Trade Center Complexes at $10 billion each?
- 2500 hospitals at $200 million each?
- 1000 university complexes at $500 million each?
- 25 Carrier Battle Groups with planes, cruisers, and submarines at $20 billion each?
- Permanent manned bases on the Moon and Mars?
- Freedom for 50 million people?
- Something else?

Carbon credits...and a coal mine.

How about... a few things :badgrin:

Buy the entire muslim world

buy mexico and canada

finally, deport the 12-20 million illegal aliens

build the border fence, and a national id card :)

woo hoo!

and build the best army/navy/air force in the world

Forum List

Back