What should the verdict be in the Floyd trial?

Unless Biden and other liberal leaders give the ok to loot and burn implicitly, no one will riot. If I was an insurance company, I'd be looking to cancel policies in the Ghetto preemptively however, just in case.

The temptation of leftards to burn down their liberal cities will be too much I think, regardless of the verdict.

If Chauvin is acquitted, there will be riots.
Good...shoot the bastard's who riot. It is an act not protected under the First Amendment.

Even if he is convicted of a less than the top count or convicted of the top count, but the penalty isn't severe enough for the mob's taste, BLM will schedule riots. The only thing that BLM wants is vengeance for their hero George Floyd.

Well, first there is going to be a break between verdict and sentencing.

Second- get this - there's no BLM central command that schedules riots. Either people will be satisfied justice was done or they won't be.

When Jason "16 shots" Van Dyke was convicted in Chicago, there were demonstration, but no riots. Then a couple months later, on the coldest day of the year, they held a long-ass hearing on his sentencing before the judge gave him a mere 7 years (probably out in three) despite hearing a lot of stories from other people he abused.

Yes, people want JUSTICE for George Floyd. They also want reforms so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. These are not unreasonable requests.

Even if he is convicted of a less than the top count or convicted of the top count, but the penalty isn't severe enough for the mob's taste, BLM will schedule riots. The only thing that BLM wants is vengeance for their hero George Floyd.

Second- get this - there's no BLM central command that schedules riots. Either people will be satisfied justice was done or they won't be.

When Jason "16 shots" Van Dyke was convicted in Chicago, there were demonstration, but no riots. Then a couple months later, on the coldest day of the year, they held a long-ass hearing on his sentencing before the judge gave him a mere 7 years (probably out in three) despite hearing a lot of stories from other people he abused.

Yes, people want JUSTICE for George Floyd. They also want reforms so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. These are not unreasonable requests.

Bullshit.

Unless people know that a riot has been scheduled, how will they know to show up?

Of course rioting is scheduled by BLM and Biden's minions.

What in that discription of second degree murder applies here?

I think manslaughter is pretty clear but I do not see murder 2.

I was leaning between Murder 2 and Manslauhter myself. For me it came down to:
View attachment 475469
I do not see intense emotional response anywhere in what we have. If anything, part of the problem was an utter lack of emotion. Chauvin got him on the ground and decided that it was time to show everyone who was in charge and so stayed there as long as anyone was demanding that he get off. That is an attitude that I see in most police encounters.

Impossible to say before a single witness is heard or a single piece of evidence is shown.

However, I'm more concerned about the BLM/Antifa mobs intimidating jurors. If I lived in Hennepin County I would be hard pressed to vote for innocence even if I thought the case wasn't proven. Its tough to watch your house burn because you don't go along with the liberal mob.
hahaha i'm sorry but what other evidence and witnesses are needed? we have multiple HD videos with sound of the cop killing the man.
The problem is that according to the autopsy, Floyd had no injuries from the side of his neck being kneeled upon. The cop’s actions didn’t kill him.
Injuries or not, we all saw thr cop kneeling on his neck.
Problem with you guys here in the US you love drama and TV crap and drag cases.
Floyd was a criminal yes. Thr cop killed and deserves jail time let's move on.
Why spend millions of dollars, rally emotions amd create drama ?

I only have one question, and it may have already been addressed in the trial: How does the officer's actions compare to current training and rules? Depending on that answer, this might be another situation in which we need to know (and perhaps fix) expectations put on these guys. If the rules under which he operates indicate that what he was doing was acceptable, that needs to be addressed. Nationally.

Nope. Any sensible person would realize stepping on a man's neck for 9 minutes would probably kill them.
The video clearly shows that Chauvin's knee was NOT compressing his airway. The cop behaved stupidly and carelessly but did not murder Floyd. Imagine being a juror who actually follows the bench instructions and finds Chauvin guilty of only Manslaughter. All 14 of those jurors can be doxxed and punished for their actions. THAT is the America the Left want for us all.

Derek Chauvin is guilty of what most cops are trained to do. Floyd croaked because of a Speedball(s) overdose. Verdict: not guilty.

The video clearly shows that Chauvin's knee was NOT compressing his airway. The cop behaved stupidly and carelessly but did not murder Floyd. Imagine being a juror who actually follows the bench instructions and finds Chauvin guilty of only Manslaughter. All 14 of those jurors can be doxxed and punished for their actions. THAT is the America the Left want for us all.

Any Juror who finds less than murder is a complete fucking idiot.

The video shows he murdered the guy. This isn't a split second decision, this is NINE MINUTES of compressing the man's airways. He stayed on him for five minutes after he stopped struggling.

Unless Biden and other liberal leaders give the ok to loot and burn implicitly, no one will riot. If I was an insurance company, I'd be looking to cancel policies in the Ghetto preemptively however, just in case.

The temptation of leftards to burn down their liberal cities will be too much I think, regardless of the verdict.

Good. Shoot the f'n dogs like they did at the Capitol!! The precedent has been set.

Reform Numero Uno...... don't do fentanyl.

The video shows he murdered the guy. This isn't a split second decision, this is NINE MINUTES of compressing the man's airways. He stayed on him for five minutes after he stopped struggling.
How much pressure neck was he applying?

How much pressure neck was he applying?
86.9 pounds according to testimony last Thursday.

Good...shoot the bastard's who riot. It is an act not protected under the First Amendment.

It is not protected under the First Amendment, but it is authorized under the Declaration of Independence.
If a government can't even stop its police employees from committing deliberate murder of someone not even accused of a crime, then it is time to burn it down and start over.

Any juroro who convicts is an asshole........the last 8 witnesses of the prosecution helped the defense and created more than enough reasonable doubt about Chauvin and the death of Floyd....

If you followed the trial, you dumb shit....you would know that he did not compress the air way....there was no damage to the neck, shoulders or back at any tissue level....

Floyd died from a combination of...

1) 11 nanograms of fentanyl, mixed with methamphetemine.......the medical examiner and the expert witness both testified under oath that they themselves had signed death certificates indicating over doses at 11ng, then, when asked, also confirmed they had signed death certificates at 3ng....the dose where people actually start to die.

2) he had 3 blocked coronary arteries.......the medical examiner and the expert medical witness stated, under oath, under cross examination, that they had signed death certificates resulting from blocked arteries at the 70-90% blockage.....Floyds 3 arteries were 75-90% blocked.

3) he had an enlarged heart and high blood pressure...

4) the medical examiner and the expert witness testified under oath that they had signed death certificates indicating over dose at 11nanograms.......

He died from an over dose...

Here....the prosectution witnesses creating reasonable doubt for the defense...

The answer was a flat no, period. Floyd’s death could only be attributable to asphyxia complicated by law enforcement subdual restraint and neck compression.

Good for the state, right?

On cross examination, however, both Thomas and Baker agreed that every single one of those factors, by themselves, even in the absence of any police involvement, or any of the other factors, if viewed in isolation could be an entirely reasonable cause of death for an official death certificate. (I’m amalgamating the responses of both Thomas and Baker, as they were so similar—video of their individual cross-examination testimony is embedded below for those wishing a more granular sense of what each said.)

In other words, had Floyd been found dead at home and autopsy revealed the 75% to 90% occlusion of his three major coronary arteries, would it have been reasonable for a medical examiner to attribute cause of death to that heart condition? Yes.

You’ve signed thousands of death certificates listing cause of death as atherosclerotic disease in patients with similar levels of occlusion as Floyd? Yes.

You’ve signed death certificates listing cause of death as hypertensive cardiomegalopathy in patients have a similar degree of enlarged heart as Floyd? Yes.

Did you tell investigators when interviewed that cardiovascular disease was a significant contributo rto Floyd’s death? Yes.

If Floyd had been found dead at home, and toxicology had revealed 11 ng/ml of fentanyl in his system, would it have been reasonable for a medical examiner to attribute cause of death to fentanyl overdose? Yes.

Have you signed death certificates as overdose deaths in cases where fentanyl levels were at 11 ng/ml? Yes. Below 11 ng/ml? Yes. As low as 3 ng/ml? Yes.

Would the presence of a combination of drugs, like fentanyl and methamphetamine, make overdose a more likely cause of death? Yes.

Could asphyxia of the heart be induced by methamphetamine creating a higher demand for oxygen by the heart than Floyd’s body could deliver? Yes.

However low the level of methamphetamine in Floyd’s system, is there any level which is safe? No. Would you recommend methamphetamine or even prescription amphetamine for a patient with Floyd’s cardiac status? No.

Would this the demand for oxygen of Floyd’s heart, and the inability of his body to deliver on that demand, be worsened by adrenaline resulting from Floyd’s physical confrontation with the officers? Yes.

So, even if we don’t consider Floyd’s exertion in fighting police, take the police out of the question entirely , pretend there was no impact made by the illicit drugs in Floyd’s system, a reasonable call on cause of death was simply Floyd’s existing cardiovascular disease and hypertension? Yes.

What percentage of restriction of the coronary arteries would be potentially fatal? 70% to 90%. What was the restriction of the coronary arteries in Floyd’s heart? 75% to 90%. Does a 90% stenosis of a carotid artery limit blood to the heart? Yes. Does adrenaline increase the heart’s demand for blood? Yes. Does meth increase demand for blood? Yes.

In the context of death being purportedly afflicted by subdual restraint and neck compression, Nelson also hammered on the absence of any objective evidence of actual force sufficient to achieve such a result.

Was there any bruising to the back of Floyd’s neck or back? No. Either on the surface or even deeper in the tissues? No. Would a knee and shin applied with substantial force be expected to cause a bruise? Yes, would be expected, but absence of bruising doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. That’s true of course, but one does not get to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt based on explaining away an absence of evidence.

Then, for both Thomas and Baker, on re-direct by Prosecutor Blackwell they would both once again parrot the magic words desired by the state: Floyd’s death could only be attributable to asphyxia complicated by law enforcement subdual restraint and neck compression. Not to heart disease? No. Not to hypertension? No. Not to fentanyl? No. Not to Meth? No. Not to fighting the police? No.

This generalized and simple-minded denial of the uncertainty and doubt raised in detail by the defense on cross may once again provide fodder for conviction-favorable headlines, but it doesn’t push the needle closer to certainty beyond a reasonable doubt in court.

And that is precisely the state’s burden: certainty beyond a reasonable doubt. Any ambiguity in the case necessarily accrues to the benefit of the defense, and the lengthy cross examination of both Thomas and Baker revealed plenty of ambiguity.

It’s also worth noting that the state calling for the testimony of Thomas immediately before that of Baker borders on the inane. The entirety of Thomas’ testimony was premised on Baker’s autopsy report and other materials also used by Baker to arrive at his conclusions on cause and mechanism of death.

Forum List

Back