What should the verdict be in the Floyd trial?

Impossible to say before a single witness is heard or a single piece of evidence is shown.

However, I'm more concerned about the BLM/Antifa mobs intimidating jurors. If I lived in Hennepin County I would be hard pressed to vote for innocence even if I thought the case wasn't proven. Its tough to watch your house burn because you don't go along with the liberal mob.

Impossible to say before a single witness is heard or a single piece of evidence is shown.

However, I'm more concerned about the BLM/Antifa mobs intimidating jurors. If I lived in Hennepin County I would be hard pressed to vote for innocence even if I thought the case wasn't proven. Its tough to watch your house burn because you don't go along with the liberal mob.
What makes you think the BLM crowd are liberals?

They are going for 3rd degree murder. Did the cop commit 3rd degree murder?

I have no clue. I have heard that Floyd would be dead (from drugs) regardless of the crap with the cops. Apparently, he was so loaded up that he was dying as he was screaming at the cops (which is kinda hard to understand - "I can't breath" - yet he had enough oxygen left to make that statement....so rather than jump to conclusions, I don't know.

What I DO know, for a fact, is that I am an old man. Back in the dark ages, when I was a smart assed teenager, you mouthed off to a cop, you were going to "fall up the stairs" on the way to the station. God help you if you decided to mouth off and then throw a punch....

Today? What the hell are the cops supposed to do? Beg a suspect to behave? Good Lord....and we wonder why this country is going to hell as fast as it can go....... :1041:

Anyone intimidating or doxxing jurors shoupd be arrested and prosecuted. That is 3rd world shit.

As I said in another thread:

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.

To the OP's question, I think Chauvin should be found guilty of the charges brought. I do think he was guilty of some kind of lesser charge, whatever you might call that. The knee to the neck is standard procedure, no? (Asking, don't really know for sure.) How many people die from that if they do not have a prior debilitating health condition? I'm thinking not so many, thus it ain't eminently dangerous.

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.

To the OP's question, I think Chauvin should be found guilty of the charges brought. I do think he was guilty of some kind of lesser charge, whatever you might call that. The knee to the neck is standard procedure, no? (Asking, don't really know for sure.) How many people die from that if they do not have a prior debilitating health condition? I'm thinking not so many, thus it ain't eminently dangerous.
So cops should find out if you have a health condition before they bounce on your neck for nine minutes?

If he’s acquitted, we will likely get a second Summer of George.

Will old Joe handle it differently from dumb Don? I don’t think so.

So cops should find out if you have a health condition before they bounce on your neck for nine minutes?

Mr. Floyd was a large, dangerous doofus, and a pretty tough hombre. He had a record a mile long, and Officer Chauvin knew it too.

There is no reason why he shouldn't have been able to take the abuse he was administered without any problem.

But since he was actually dying of a Fentanyl overdose and was suffering from the Modern Corona Virus plague, it really didn't make a difference.

He was loaded with three times the amount of fentanyl and methamphetamines that could kill a person. That's what killed him. Most emotional weaklings will go along with the media lies and narrative.

The fact that they are paid by the DNC is a good indicator.

If he’s acquitted, we will likely get a second Summer of George.

Will old Joe handle it differently from dumb Don? I don’t think so.

Joe paid for the first round of terrorist attacks last summer.

Was the man who died a good man or a bad man?

Forum List

Back