What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

You're being intentionally dense, aren't you?

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

you keep forgetting that Saddam broke the terms of the cease- fire repeatedly

Yeah, and why is that my problem again?

you are such a genius

Once again, show me the lies........

He exposed over 250,000 classified documents......... That is not a few of anything.......

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

He exposed the lies after the American people decided they had enough of this war.

Tell me true, do you think if they put Manning in front of a civilian jury, they'd convict him of anything?

Do you think if they had an ironclad case, they'd have really waited 3 years to put him on trial?

My guess. He'll plead to something lesser, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and get off with time served. He'll then go out and write a book that will make the military look even worse and retire a rich man.

do you think part of his plea deal may be that if he opens his yap he will go right back into the slammer?

Probably not. And frankly, why are you so afraid if he does?

The Army pretty much tortured this kid because he embarrassed them. Then they tried to bury the case for three years.

That was never stated in any Hans Blix report to the UNSC. Therefore, officially, no ceasefire was broken. Even if Blix reported that and the UNSC concluded that, we had no right to act unilaterally and basically say "fuck you" to the UN, we're going in.

Invading Iraq, was the highest crime a nation can commit. Not only was it illegal (violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter), it was also immoral (attacking a country that did not attack you first). It's also the most cowardly act this nation has ever done. Force a country to completely disarm, then attack with the most technological military the world has ever seen.

That was never stated in any Hans Blix report to the UNSC. Therefore, officially, no ceasefire was broken. Even if Blix reported that and the UNSC concluded that, we had no right to act unilaterally and basically say "fuck you" to the UN, we're going in.

Invading Iraq, was the highest crime a nation can commit. Not only was it illegal (violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter), it was also immoral (attacking a country that did not attack you first). It's also the most cowardly act this nation has ever done. Force a country to completely disarm, then attack with the most technological military the world has ever seen.
Big pussy boy, don't pretend to dictate what morals are to others. You sound very much like a fire & brimstone preacher.

If only Bush had not listened to these high ranking Democrats:

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

who invaded Kuwait, got their ass kicked and then broke the terms of the cease fire?

Is that better now?

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

He exposed the lies after the American people decided they had enough of this war.

Tell me true, do you think if they put Manning in front of a civilian jury, they'd convict him of anything?

Do you think if they had an ironclad case, they'd have really waited 3 years to put him on trial?

My guess. He'll plead to something lesser, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and get off with time served. He'll then go out and write a book that will make the military look even worse and retire a rich man.

do you think part of his plea deal may be that if he opens his yap he will go right back into the slammer?

The Army pretty much tortured this kid because he embarrassed them. Then they tried to bury the case for three years.

what makes you think I'm afraid?

Look closer.............

This was no war crime. Study the circumstances.....They were only blocks away from where there had been an ambush set up for American Troops. They had weapons and you can't deny that except by lying. Our troops did not plant AK's and RPG and shells at the scene. Now if you had some actual proof of that, then there must be 50 or 60 witnesses on the ground who could have seen this..... Or didn't you watch the end of the video where the Boots got there and rushed the wounded to a hospital?
I happen to disagree with you, because many Iraq vets have stated that units carried drop weapons. And that they had an un-written policy, if you shoot an innocent civilian and they live, it's collateral damage. If they die, then they're re-classified as an insurgent.

It is obvious in the video that crowd posed no threat to anyone. People engaged in combat, don't usually hang around, out in the open like that. But just for the sake of argument, let's say you are correct and they were carrying weapons, let's also say the "mow down" was within the laws of war, what do you have to say about the van that came up after to take care of the wounded? Medical staff on either side are off-limits to any kind of fire in any condition. It is universally understood, they don't carry weapons. You cannot shoot them for any reason. And if you do, that's a war crime.

The fact is the scumbag gave aid and comfort to the enemy during a time of war and he should be hanged from the neck till dead plain and simple. Furthermore, anyone who supports him should also be tried as a traitor.

So you went down to the recruiting station when the war broke out and signed right up, eh?

Four years, USMC, 0311, what about you scrote?

if the footage justifies what the army did, why did the army hid it and then lie under what circumstances these journalists were killed.

Why not fess up?

it was classified, why? Because it isn't the enemies business to know our capabilities. But you don't care about things like that. You never served either did you?

yes, actually, i did. Mos 76y and got out as an e-6.

And i ask the question again- why did the army lie about how these journalists were killed if everything was on the up and up?

remf

what makes you think I'm afraid?

Then just give him time served, and let him go on his way. Simple enough.

And what type of Clearance did you hold?

I had a very heavily compartmentalized TS. And worked with TS material for most of my 22 years. You don't see me talking about what any of it was do you......

There a reason for that..... your hero PFC and obviously you, haven't yet learned that...

I bet you never came off as unstable, though. Manning did. The military should have weeded him out. In the end, it is the military's fault for letting him fall through the cracks.

Is the traitorous bastard unstable because he is gay, or is he gay because he is unstable?

Just askin'.

And what type of Clearance did you hold?

I had a very heavily compartmentalized TS. And worked with TS material for most of my 22 years. You don't see me talking about what any of it was do you......

There a reason for that..... your hero PFC and obviously you, haven't yet learned that...

I bet you never came off as unstable, though. Manning did. The military should have weeded him out. In the end, it is the military's fault for letting him fall through the cracks.

Is the traitorous bastard unstable because he is gay, or is he gay because he is unstable?

Just askin'.

Or he's just a young man who saw his government participating in slaughter based on a lie, and decided to expose it.

For those who don't know Pfc. Bradley Manning is the guy who gave Wikileaks all those documents and Wikileaks released them to the world.

By law, the United States can seek the death penalty for this act but choose not to.

Just wondering what you all think should happen to the guy.

Whistleblowers who attempt to rectify the disastrous policies of their nation are not criminals. They are patriots, and eventually are recognized as such. Bradley Manning is by no means the first American to serve his country in such a way."

Just askin'.

Or he's just a young man who saw his government participating in slaughter based on a lie, and decided to expose it.

Is this the lie that you refer too?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Or the UN Resolution that stated:

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back