What our deniars pine for

Because 1 day of Lithium mining can be used to produce enough solar energy to replace a Whole Coal-fired plant that belches for 20 years.

`
I'd love to see a citation for that. Do you have one?

We are talking about mining operations not CO2 emissions. Besides widespread use of solar will usher in the next glacial cycle. That would be considerably worse.

I'd love to see a citation for that. Do you have one?

We are talking about mining operations not CO2 emissions. Besides widespread use of solar will usher in the next glacial cycle. That would be considerably worse.
Common sense.
Chile virtually supplies the whole planet from an empty desert area.
That's alot every day
While coal not only needs to be Mined, but the plant needs to be supplied regularly with sh*t that fouls the air every day it lives. Unlike solar.
Get a brain.

`

Common sense.
That's alot every day
While coal not only needs to be Mined, but the plant needs to be supplied regularly with sh*t that fouls the air every day it lives. Unlike solar.
Get a brain.

`
I'm not seeing a link in this post backing up your claim in post #41.

500 mountains destroyed, 3200 streams destroyed, huge areas rendered a moonscape;

Again....we've seen this silly bomb thrower exercise repeated over and over and over and over and over and over....for 10 years in here.

Which tells us what?

Tells us nobody takes this shit seriously.

Another dud

Man-sleeping.jpg

Dude....move to NYC.....you can't possibly assess the real world living in Irrelevantsville USA where all you do is listen to owls and stare at trees. Maybe fish a bit.

Offcukingcourse you're gonna get obsessed with silly shit.

Nobody in NYC cares about climate change except some knuckle draggers in the Soho district and the beautiful people on the upper east side.
Most NYC folks have waaaaaaaay too much to be concerned about other than global warming.

Same reason Crick is obsessed....spends half his life floating around in the ocean. dOy

Stimulus in your landscape changes the setting screws....when one is devoid of it, like in northern Canada, depression sets in. Mental disorders all have one thing in common: they fall under the umbrella of depression. OCD is a devastating condition. Seriously.

One material, what about the others needed for your equipment?

Talk about being a hack.
Now dumb fuck, you are going to tell me that the copper mines, iron mines, ect. are used for nothing but renewable energy? And that they did not exist before wind turbines and solar panels? But you found nothing wrong with them then? What a hypocritical asshole you are.

All the mining of Uranium I have see is in desert arid places and not as concerning to me. The envio-nuts will have accept compromise if they wish to keep heating their soyburgers in microwave ovens. Nuclear has potential to supply the needed power generation on a continual basis without further destruction after the mining.
Actually not true'

1644040752756.png

Common sense.
That's alot every day
Get a brain.

`
Not only that, most of the lithium can be recovered when the batteries are recycled. Once the coal is burned, it is gone, and all you have left is pollution and toxic flyash.

Now dumb fuck, you are going to tell me that the copper mines, iron mines, ect. are used for nothing but renewable energy? And that they did not exist before wind turbines and solar panels? But you found nothing wrong with them then? What a hypocritical asshole you are.

That's not the point. Your side claims "renewables" spring from dirt and have no impact compared to other energy sources.

Your side ignores the same impacts your approved energy sources have.

That's not the point. Your side claims "renewables" spring from dirt and have no impact compared to other energy sources.

Your side ignores the same impacts your approved energy sources have.
LOL We know what impacts the mines have, after all, they have been in production for more than a hundred years. But once wind or solar is up, it takes no further mining to supply the energy, unlike nuclear, coal, or natural gas. You don't have to put in pipelines or railroads to deliver wind or sunshine.

Not true. Only Nuclear can provide the required base load.

And hydro can kill the red winged yellow snail, so it isn't renewable, right?
And you are just so full of shit. Solar and wind, combined with storage, can easily provide base load. No dirty mining for uranium, no nuclear waste that must be stored safely for thousands of years. As more and more solar and wind are constructed, periods like this are going to become longer and longer until renewables are what the grid is.

"South Australia sourced an average of just over 100 per cent of the electricity it needed from renewable power for 6½ days leading up to December 29 last year – a record for the state and perhaps for comparable energy grids around the world.

The state’s previous record was just over three days, says Geoff Eldridge, an energy analyst who runs the website NEMlog.com.au, which tracks the operations of the National Energy Market covering Australia’s east-coast states and South Australia."

Forum List

Back