What our deniars pine for

And you know you are a damned liar. You do not wipe out a forest to put up a wind farm. Each wind farm only takes up a small area, and they have to have a distance between them.

View attachment 596344

OK watermelon conspiracy theroist

It's not just forests that are considered pristine wilderness
What kind religious zealot are you? ...besides one that doesn't believe in science or facts ....typical brain washed leftists moron

I know nothing about them. I do not think they are doing much destruction and pollution in Tennessee, but coal industry is known in this country to devastate the land and pollute down stream, transferring the real cost to the country as a whole, that does not participate in the profits. It is known as externalizing costs. Good for the business, bad for the ones that pay the price, plus the coal itself is a massive destructive force to the world, worldwide. It is dirty energy from start to finish. You sound like a city dweller. Large cities often have whole sections of filth and destruction, so some there have no appreciation for the natural unspoiled parts of the country, and figure anything for a buck. I, on the other hand, have spent a lifetime, hiking, climbing, canoeing, kayaking, exploring, cross-country navigating, backpack camping. Your coal does not benefit me, but destroys or pollutes the wild places. Ever visit a steel town back in the day of coal-fired plants? Smells awful. The air burns you nose and eyes. They were nasty.

They are the requirements of a modern society. Want to go back to outhouses and whale oil lamps?

And you know you are a damned liar. You do not wipe out a forest to put up a wind farm. Each wind farm only takes up a small area, and they have to have a distance between them.

View attachment 596344
Those damn windmills don't work most of the time, they look like shit, can't be disposed of and they kill a tremendous number of birds each year. They may be a stupid Environmental Wacko's wet dream but they are an ecological disaster.

OK, let us compare;
View attachment 596355

This was forested land. And the dumped the waste into the canyons, destroying the streams. And there are 500 of these in just one state. While the lithium mines are usually one off affairs for any one area. But this was exactly what I was expecting from people that lack morals or ethics.
REally that's your argument?

My toxic mines are better than your toxic mines?

windmill.jpg

They are the requirements of a modern society. Want to go back to outhouses and whale oil lamps?
Rather convert to Nuclear generated power 75% with 25% renewables, being Hydroelectric, wind and solar in that order.

Nuclear also requires mining, and many enviro-nuts hate nuclear and think renewables can do it all.
All the mining of Uranium I have see is in desert arid places and not as concerning to me. The envio-nuts will have accept compromise if they wish to keep heating their soyburgers in microwave ovens. Nuclear has potential to supply the needed power generation on a continual basis without further destruction after the mining.

All the mining of Uranium I have see is in desert arid places and not as concerning to me. The envio-nuts will have accept compromise if they wish to keep heating their soyburgers in microwave ovens. Nuclear has potential to supply the needed power generation on a continual basis without further destruction after the mining.

Deserts are an ecosystem just like any other, you are falling for the cute animal bias found amongst most people, but transferred to landscape.

Deserts are an ecosystem just like any other, you are falling for the cute animal bias found amongst most people, but transferred to landscape.
Sue me. I believe in compromise. There is no perfect solution, but do not believe in going back to the pioneer days, unless I need to.

Sue me. I believe in compromise. There is no perfect solution, but do not believe in going back to the pioneer days, unless I need to.

And yet every proposal by climate morons involves lowering of standards of living. No ICE vehicles, bring your own bags, crappier light bulbs, crappier gas canisters, less reliable power grids, no air conditioning, on and on and on.

And yet every proposal by climate morons involves lowering of standards of living. No ICE vehicles, bring your own bags, crappier light bulbs, crappier gas canisters, less reliable power grids, no air conditioning, on and on and on.
Not sure what an ICE vehicle is. I like my new energy saving light bulbs just fine. My gas cans are the same as ever, though I had to replace to spouts after purchase, though that wasn't an enviro-thing. It was somebody's idea of a safety thing. I live in Tennessee, with a very stable power grid, generated by 48% nuclear, 28% natural gas, 13% coal (but dropping) and 11% hydroelectric, so I am happy. Love my Air Con here in the midsouth and have never been asked to cut back, favoring 72 degrees average, year round. And like you say, on, and on, and on, it is never as bad as you anti-environmental, anti-climate change minority warriors make out. The world changed. Change with it and help make the intelligent direction choices instead of pining away for yesteryear solution that are not sustainable into the future.

Forum List

Back