What our deniars pine for

Dude....move to NYC.....you can't possibly assess the real world living in Irrelevantsville USA where all you do is listen to owls and stare at trees. Maybe fish a bit.

Offcukingcourse you're gonna get obsessed with silly shit.

Nobody in NYC cares about climate change except some knuckle draggers in the Soho district and the beautiful people on the upper east side.
Most NYC folks have waaaaaaaay too much to be concerned about other than global warming.

Same reason Crick is obsessed....spends half his life floating around in the ocean. dOy

Stimulus in your landscape changes the setting screws....when one is devoid of it, like in northern Canada, depression sets in. Mental disorders all have one thing in common: they fall under the umbrella of depression. OCD is a devastating condition. Seriously.
LOL Out of your concrete jungle, you would not survive. Portland is hardly a backwater. People are leaving New York for Oregon and Portland, not the other way around. They seek a better quality of life, and a place where they can enjoy both the advantages of an urban environment and wild country within a short drive. I have eagles, hawks, and owls landing on my back deck. Many smaller birds of all types. But you would not enjoy that.

Lithium mines are in other countries

out of sight, out of mind
The US has immense reserves of lithium. And those reserves are due to be mined.

"Just how much lithium could be hiding beneath this largely unpopulated part of the country?

Over 10 million tons, notes a Jindalee press release after a preliminary scoping study. This would make it one of the largest lithium deposits in the United States, according the company.

“An absolute monster,” is how Jindalee executive director Lindsay Dudfield described the area (as it pertains to untapped lithium) on the financial media network Proactive."

The geology that created those deposits are present in many areas in Oregon, Nevada, and Idaho.

LOL We know what impacts the mines have, after all, they have been in production for more than a hundred years. But once wind or solar is up, it takes no further mining to supply the energy, unlike nuclear, coal, or natural gas. You don't have to put in pipelines or railroads to deliver wind or sunshine.

Like those things last forever?

500 mountains destroyed, 3200 streams destroyed, huge areas rendered a moonscape;

af354e93c7202e504151a1db48fa88ddc399b300.gif

And you are just so full of shit. Solar and wind, combined with storage, can easily provide base load. No dirty mining for uranium, no nuclear waste that must be stored safely for thousands of years. As more and more solar and wind are constructed, periods like this are going to become longer and longer until renewables are what the grid is.

"South Australia sourced an average of just over 100 per cent of the electricity it needed from renewable power for 6½ days leading up to December 29 last year – a record for the state and perhaps for comparable energy grids around the world.

The state’s previous record was just over three days, says Geoff Eldridge, an energy analyst who runs the website NEMlog.com.au, which tracks the operations of the National Energy Market covering Australia’s east-coast states and South Australia."

Pipe dream fallacies from a person that thinks you can get something from nothing,

The anti-science anti engineering "renewable" cult.

Like those things last forever?
The solar panels last a long time, at least 20 years before they degrade to 80% of original generation. Wind turbines last about 20 years before they have to be replaced or rebuilt. A coal plant, and gas plants require constant maintenance and have to be rebuilt or replaced in about 20 years.

The problem environazis like Old Cocks have is they think that the Earth MUST be in this pristine condition. However, G-d's command to mankind is to "be fruitful, multiply and subdue the Earth".
That is your Deity, not mine. I much prefer the Native American Great Spirit to the demented Deity that you propose.

The US has immense reserves of lithium. And those reserves are due to be mined.

"Just how much lithium could be hiding beneath this largely unpopulated part of the country?

Over 10 million tons, notes a Jindalee press release after a preliminary scoping study. This would make it one of the largest lithium deposits in the United States, according the company.

“An absolute monster,” is how Jindalee executive director Lindsay Dudfield described the area (as it pertains to untapped lithium) on the financial media network Proactive."

The geology that created those deposits are present in many areas in Oregon, Nevada, and Idaho.
Off hand I will guess that the lithium not sitting on the surface in big chunks waiting to be picked up

so it will have to be mined just like coal

am i right?

Common sense.
Chile virtually supplies the whole planet from an empty desert area.
That's alot every day
While coal not only needs to be Mined, but the plant needs to be supplied regularly with sh*t that fouls the air every day it lives. Unlike solar.
Get a brain.

`

dude........why navigate in Oz all the time? We don't get it?

Did you ever hear of a country called "China". They are on the other side of the world. Theyve been opening 2-3 coal plants/month for several years now and will be doing so right to 2030.......d0y. Do you think it has no effect on fouling the air in the US? I mean c'mon now........Oz is they. And solar is a joke btw....only supplies a little over 3% of grid electricity. More d0y. :spinner:

Oh...........and ooooooops..........

GettyImages_157299866.jpg

The solar panels last a long time, at least 20 years before they degrade to 80% of original generation. Wind turbines last about 20 years before they have to be replaced or rebuilt. A coal plant, and gas plants require constant maintenance and have to be rebuilt or replaced in about 20 years.

So solar panels and wind turbines require no maintenance?

AhhhhhHaaaaaa.............

But God forbid you have to replace your roof along the way..........you are fcuked!!! :cul2: :cul2:

Solar cheerleaders never want you to know about the hidden costs.........a bunch of fucking wankers........

https://www.fixr.com/costs/remove-solar-panels-to-replace-roof

brandon jacobs fires clock - Search

Off hand I will guess that the lithium not sitting on the surface in big chunks waiting to be picked up

so it will have to be mined just like coal

am i right?
You are wrong. Unlike mountaintop mining, no watersheds will be destroyed, and, using the Tesla method of processing the ore, the land will be growing sage and rabbit brush in about two years, exactly as it was.

AhhhhhHaaaaaa.............

But God forbid you have to replace your roof along the way..........you are fcuked!!! :cul2: :cul2:

Solar cheerleaders never want you to know about the hidden costs.........a bunch of fucking wankers........

https://www.fixr.com/costs/remove-solar-panels-to-replace-roof

brandon jacobs fires clock - Search
Well, if you are stupid enough to put solar panels on a roof that will need replacing in a short time, I would say the problem is with your intellect, not the solar panels. But then you are a 'Conservative'.

LOL Out of your concrete jungle, you would not survive. Portland is hardly a backwater. People are leaving New York for Oregon and Portland, not the other way around. They seek a better quality of life, and a place where they can enjoy both the advantages of an urban environment and wild country within a short drive. I have eagles, hawks, and owls landing on my back deck. Many smaller birds of all types. But you would not enjoy that.
People are leaving NYC because of taxes and crime.

Forum List

Back